Anarchies 2.3 now available

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Anarchies 2.3 now available

Post by Commander McLane »

Anarchies 2.3 is now available for download from its Wiki page.

It really fixes the shader problem from version 2.1 and 2.2 and some other small bugs, and makes the OXP Oolite 1.73.n compatible.
Makara
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Makara »

*does happy dance*
Been looking forward to this one - I started with 1.73.3 so missed out on it.

Now to remove the beacon from the GalMine hopper :wink:
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Makara wrote:
Now to remove the beacon from the GalMine hopper :wink:
Ah, yes, I also noticed it the other day. Perhaps I'll ask LittleBear to give it another beacon code. After all both "H" will appear in Anarchy systems (and only there), and this is a little confusing.
Tritone
Poor
Poor

Post by Tritone »

Thanks! Been wanting this one for a while.
Mauiby de Fug
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Mauiby de Fug »

This appears in my log file every time I make my first kill of that session:

Code: Select all

[script.javaScript.warning.ooliteDefinedError]: ----- JavaScript warning (<unidentified script>): The event handler shipDestroyedTarget has been renamed to shipTargetDestroyed. The script Anarchies must be updated. The old form will not be supported in future versions of Oolite.
[script.javaScript.warning.ooliteDefinedError]:       (null), line 0.
'Tis not really a big error at the moment, but I thought I'd mention it...

I clearly spend far too much time in my log files...
Mauiby de Fug
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Mauiby de Fug »

This has started popping up recently...

[shader.compile.failure]: ***** ERROR: GLSL fragment shader compilation failed for anarchies-salvager-tunnel.fragment:
>>>>> GLSL log:
0:25(1): preprocessor error: Unterminated #if

[shader.load.failed]: ***** ERROR: Could not build shader anarchies-salvager-tunnel.vertex/anarchies-salvager-tunnel.fragment.
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Yes, that's one installment the ongoing series "trying to fix the Anarchies shaders". If you look into the history section of the readMe you'll see that the shaders got fixed and re-fixed since version 2.1, I think. Hopefully the upcoming version 2.4 will contain the final fix, but don't nail me on that one. At least no bug reports happen with my local version anymore. Anyway, the Salvage Gang asteroid is fully functional, only the lighting of the tunnel may not be as it was meant to be.
Mauiby de Fug
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Mauiby de Fug »

Indeed they are fully functional - I've been to quite a few recently trying to find a salvaged Naval energy unit for my new Caduceus. This has only started popping up recently, though, as I never used to have any problems. There is a visible difference in the tunnel.

But anyway, 'tis only a minor cosmetic thing at the moment, I think. Although I've been having a few problems with frame rate today, when I'm in the same system as a salvage gang. It's possible there may be a connection. But I'm not sure about this, and it may well be wild speculation! I'll have to do some more flying about before I can make any accusations! *grin*
Mauiby de Fug
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Mauiby de Fug »

After switching ships a couple of times, I'm searching in the Salvage Gangs for a salvaged Naval energy unit (I haven't done the required mission to be able to buy it, so therefore this is the only way I can currently get hold of one). I went looking in the equipment.plist to see if there were any conditions that would make it more likely to be sold, (TL, gov type etc...). From the looks of it, it's just a 1 in 10 chance that they'll have one available.

Anyway, while I was looking about, I noticed this:

<array>
		<integer>0</integer>
		<integer>7500</integer>
		<string>Extra Energy Unit (salvaged)</string>
		<string>EQ_ENERGY_UNIT_SALVAGED</string>
		<string>An improved efficiency energy recharge unit. This piece was completely re-wired when it arrived here. As good as new!</string>
		<dict>
			<key>available_to_all</key>
			<true/>
			<key>conditions</key>
			<array>
				<string>dockedStationName_string equal Salvage Gang</string>
				<string>mission_salvaged_energy_unit_chance greaterthan 80</string>
			</array>
			<key>incompatible_with_equipment</key>
			<array>
				<string>EQ_ENERGY_UNIT</string>
				<string>EQ_ENERGY_UNIT_DAMAGED</string>
				<string>EQ_NAVAL_ENERGY_UNIT</string>
				<string>EQ_NAVAL_ENERGY_UNIT_DAMAGED</string>
			</array>
		</dict>
	</array>
	<array>
		<integer>0</integer>
		<integer>250000</integer>
		<string>Naval Energy Unit (salvaged)</string>
		<string>EQ_NAVAL_ENERGY_UNIT_SALVAGED</string>
		<string>A special improved efficiency energy recharge unit, as supplied to Navy vessels. This shouldn't even be here! The hottest piece of equipment you can get! Was found floating in space somewhere between the Salvage Gang and the witchpoint. Any space cowboy's dream!</string>
		<dict>
			<key>available_to_all</key>
			<true/>
			<key>conditions</key>
			<array>
				<string>dockedStationName_string equal Salvage Gang</string>
				<string>mission_salvaged_naval_unit_chance greaterthan 90</string>
			</array>
			<key>incompatible_with_equipment</key>
			<array>
				<string>EQ_NAVAL_ENERGY_UNIT</string>
				<string>EQ_NAVAL_ENERGY_UNIT_DAMAGED</string>
			</array>
		</dict>
	</array>
Does this mean that you can buy a Naval Energy Unit after buying an Extra Energy Unit, but not the other way around, and if so, is this a bug? How do the two interact with each other?
Sarin
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Sarin »

Only better one of those works if both are installed AFAIK. So buying EEU after having naval one is pointless, therefore you can't do it.
Mauiby de Fug
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Mauiby de Fug »

Sarin wrote:
Only better one of those works if both are installed AFAIK.
That would make sense.

I've just bought a salvaged Naval Energy Unit, and it has completely replaced my Extra Energy Unit. Which seems odd, because I'm sure I recall having both installed on my old SuperCobra a while ago. Maybe I'm just remembering wrongly...
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Mauiby de Fug wrote:
Sarin wrote:
Only better one of those works if both are installed AFAIK.
That would make sense.

I've just bought a salvaged Naval Energy Unit, and it has completely replaced my Extra Energy Unit. Which seems odd, because I'm sure I recall having both installed on my old SuperCobra a while ago. Maybe I'm just remembering wrongly...
The two items are mutually exclusive. You cannot have both. Installing one of them leads to automatic removal of the other. Due to a bug this didn't work in Oolite 1.73, which is why you may remember otherwise.

The conditions should make sure that you did not get offered an EEU if you already had a NEU, as a workaround for this bug. And also because I didn't expect somebody wanting to downgrade.
Mauiby de Fug
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Mauiby de Fug »

Commander McLane wrote:
The two items are mutually exclusive. You cannot have both. Installing one of them leads to automatic removal of the other. Due to a bug this didn't work in Oolite 1.73, which is why you may remember otherwise.

The conditions should make sure that you did not get offered an EEU if you already had a NEU, as a workaround for this bug. And also because I didn't expect somebody wanting to downgrade.
I've never used Oolite v1.73 - I only started playing on v1.74.2.

And clearly there must be a bug somewhere, as I've just managed to buy an EEU without it removing my NEU:

As you can see, the NEU has not been removed. Presumably this is due to it being "salvaged"?
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

This is because in 1.74 the handling of undamaged and damaged equipment has changed. For you this means that your salvaged NEU never was converted into a working one (you should never see the "(salvaged)" on your F5-screen), so you effectively only have an EEU.

I really should get Anarchies 2.4 done! :oops:
Mauiby de Fug
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Mauiby de Fug »

In that case my ship's as iron ass as I can make it for the time being.

I really want to continue on to the other galaxies in order to gain access to the special equipment, but I'm going through completing all the available missions I can in each galaxy before jumping on, and I'm currently halfway through the incredibly tedious stage in the Ionics mission, so still haven't left Galaxy 2. Guess I'll just have to continue blasting those damn ships!