[UPDATED RELEASE 03-07-2014] Superhub V1.6 OXZ

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

pagroove
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

[UPDATED RELEASE 03-07-2014] Superhub V1.6 OXZ

Post by pagroove »

Superhubv1.6.oxz updated on 03-07-2014

Model, Idea and Texture: P.A. Groove
Shading: Griff
Smaller Texture: Commander McLane
OXP structure and Scripting and docking area Thargoid
Scripting and Bugfixing: Spara
Hosting/uploading in OXZ manager: Norby

Download link
https://app.box.com/s/cd4ontw41gody7ckctu8

Wiki link
http://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/Superhub
----------

Installation
Extract the Superhubv1.oxp into your Addons directory of Oolite. Just to be sure start up Oolite with the SHIFT-key pressed until you see the spinning CobraMKIII.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
About The Superhub
Traffic congestion in the Ooniverse is growing and while the stations are getting more advanced the market asked for a more radical solution. This solution comes in the form of the Gasec Superhub. The Gasec Superhub is the first station that is capable of transporting itself to it's destination* 2 engine bays allow the GASEC SR-GD (Space Rotary Galactic Drive) to be fitted. At the destination these engines can be taken out for re-use in other transport missions.

Safer to dock
Problem of the older stations was that docking always was dangerous, especially in larger freighters. How many times we have witnessed the sad sight of an exploding workers commuter? The superhub is accommodated for larger ships. Just fly into the blue orb and docking is taken care of. Once inside the orb the ship if transported via a mini-jump to the docking tube and shipyard.

One of the docking tubes

State of the art facilities

A superhub is far more than a space port. It's a modern hospital, office space or even an industrial park. Due to the Flex space (TM) technology Governments can design the superhub to their needs.

It's sturdy

How sturdy? we won't tell. And we don't encourage you to try it.

Habitat rings with a view

Our luxury apartments always have a birds eye view on space. Handy for the commander who can oversee his freight operations from afar.

(* flying or transport of the station is not featured in the oxp)

We wish you much pleasure in using our product

JAL GLOX
(Marketing director R&D GASECWORKS, Vetitice
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Version History from 1.0. to 1.5:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- SuperHub is now an OXZ (Norby kindly uploaded it for me in the oxz manager)
- Saving in station is now possible thanks to commander Spara!

- Bugfixes by Spara in shipdata.plist_
- added allegiance = "galcop" // this defines how npcs see the station in 1.79.
- removed script = "superhub.js" // scipt.js did not have any ship script functions and superhub.js does not exist.
- added station_roll = 0.1 // slows down the rotation making the station feel more massive.

_ changes in script.js_
- Positioning with scrambledPseudoRandom, so it will be different from system so system, but will always be in the same place in a system.

- SuperHubs now appear at all Tech 14 and Tech 15 planets. (no more Random)
- Added a BGS Launch tunnel
- Added a License

- Texture fix making it perform better by use of a smaller texture.

Script changes by Thargoid:
V.1.2
* Added in the 50:50 chance again.
* Added in a check on the system government (it seems to have gone AWOL from the version I sent you).
* Corrected a minor typo in the shipdata.plist (flase -> false)
Texture changes by P.A.Groove
* Added smaller version of the texture.
* Backup folder removed.

V 1.0
-Ads Superhubs with a 50/50 chance around planets with tech level 13 and up.
- Behaves as a station
- Is dockable thanks to Thargoid
- Fully shaded thanks to Griff

DOWNLOAD OLD version or new version manually via the Wiki HERE (updated link):
http://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/Superhub
Last edited by pagroove on Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:24 pm, edited 18 times in total.
For P.A. Groove's music check
https://soundcloud.com/p-a-groove
Famous Planets v 2.7. (for Povray)
https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13709
Svengali
Commander
Commander

Post by Svengali »

Looks great!
DaddyHoggy
Intergalactic Spam Assassin
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by DaddyHoggy »

Svengali wrote:
Looks great!
What he said! 8)
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
Captain Hesperus
Grand High Clock-Tower Poobah
Grand High Clock-Tower Poobah

Post by Captain Hesperus »

Hah! I've never met a space station I couldn't crash into!
Pretty though.

Captain Hesperus
The truth, revealed!!
Screet
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Superhub V1.0. public release

Post by Screet »

pagroove wrote:
-Ads Superhubs with a 50/50 chance around planets with tech level 13 and up.
- Behaves as a station
- Is dockable thanks to Thargoid
Hm...just found one in a TL12 system close to the main station...but it was yellow on the scanner and proved to be YACK (Yet Another Caduceus Killer)?!?

Screet
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

Screet wrote:

Hm...just found one in a TL12 system close to the main station...but it was yellow on the scanner and proved to be YACK (Yet Another Caduceus Killer)?!?

Screet
Then it wasn't a superhub, as they are green (station) on the scanner. And they don't kill Caddie's generally, I checked. Also they are between 10 and 20km from the main station, so depends how you define "close" as to whether it was a hub or not.

What they do have however is NPC traffic, so you might find you got a little too intimate with a leaving ship and that killed you?

Oh and there is no 50:50 chance any more as listed above, in a suitable tech/govt system they always appear.
Tivva
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Right behind you in a cloaked Thargoid Warship prototype

Post by Tivva »

Hi T
I just found one in a TL12 system- Aleusqu in Galaxy 1.
pics just hosted on the screenie thread in "Discussion forum"

Nice work boys :wink:
Screet
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Screet »

Thargoid wrote:
Then it wasn't a superhub, as they are green (station) on the scanner. And they don't kill Caddie's generally, I checked. Also they are between 10 and 20km from the main station, so depends how you define "close" as to whether it was a hub or not.
It was probably half the scanner range away, which I do consider close. Concerning the image and size, it definitely was a superhub!

I tried three times with my Caduceus Omega - three ships lost...

Screet
ClymAngus
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ClymAngus »

Awh man what the **** is up with that ship? Time to trot out some other turret ships.
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

ClymAngus wrote:
Awh man what the **** is up with that ship? Time to trot out some other turret ships.
There are other turreted ships out there. Not our fault you wrote the popular centrefold one ;)
Tivva
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Right behind you in a cloaked Thargoid Warship prototype

Post by Tivva »

ClymAngus wrote:
Sorry m8, I just tried an old save file of my old ship- a Kirin XM- lots of turrets..
It docked without a problem...
:shock:
Screet
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Screet »

ClymAngus wrote:
Interestingly, the docking computer did manage what I failed to do. The only difference I saw was that it did match rotation with the superhub - but the structures opening is immense compared to a Caduceus, thus I fail to understand why rotation match should be necessary and I would not even know how to align properly.

I guess it's really some freak thing with the code (and probably some strange values for the subentities). In this case, it's really annoying that math isn't my language...it would make it much easier for me to have a look at the code myself.

BTW: The superhub did NOT show a blue light in it like I've seen on screenshots, and it is shown yellow insted of green like other stations...and it appears in TL 12 planets.

Screet
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

I have to double-check something here, but do you have the current latest version of the Superhub, and no other beta-version installed? I changed the ship identifiers too (as they were suberhub), so you could have a beta and a final version installed side by side and causing this (as the role used was correctly spelled and is unchanged).

I'm wondering if you have a second version somewhere that's being called up by the populator/role of the new one? The version I got from PAGroove to polish up was like that (yellow scan-stick and no docking), I added both at the end of the work (on Friday).

Can you check through your installed OXPs and make sure you don't have a second distinct WIP version of the hub somewhere in there?
Screet
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Screet »

Thargoid wrote:
Can you check through your installed OXPs and make sure you don't have a second distinct WIP version of the hub somewhere in there?
I did download it from this thread - but if the link did change after I did download it, that might explain it...other than redownloading and comparing those files, I've no idea. I definitely did not have any prior version of this...

Screet
pagroove
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by pagroove »

Spooky things happening while I was away 8)

Well The link to my Box net in this topic is the newest version so if Screet has downloaded that version then he should see a blue docking orb. I never saw a yellow one. But the Superhub IS also in OSE. I wonder whats wrong.

Calm down we sort it out :D :wink:
For P.A. Groove's music check
https://soundcloud.com/p-a-groove
Famous Planets v 2.7. (for Povray)
https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13709