Which Spaceship Stop Press

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

lfnfan
Deadly
Deadly

Which Spaceship Stop Press

Post by lfnfan »

Which Spaceship!

Our sub-ether holo-facsimile machine chugged into life this morning, and rolled out a very interesting document from one of our more reputable anonymous sources.

Which Spaceship is proud to divulge yet another stellar scoop: a draft press release hot off the desk of the Cowell & MgRath Shipyards, Lave, Marketing Department. Whilst we can’t reproduce the exact text of the document (protecting our sources and all that), we summarise as follows:

[drum roll] It's not particularly sleek or sexy, but it will plug a very profitable gap in Cowell & MgRath's Cobra line-up (we told our stockbrokers the same thing just this morning). Humanoids, Felines, Aquatics, Insectoids, Sentient Beings of No Identifiable Species, it is: [/drum roll]

The Cobra Mk III 'Carrier'

Vital statistics:
Space: 45TC cargo bay, that's before you fit the 15TC expansion. Standard 5TC passenger berths can also be accommodated. WxHxL is not a million miles off the original CMk3 (or is that CMk2?) hull dimensions.
Handling: 3.35LM max flight speed. Same pitch and roll characteristics as the original CMk3, thrust being on a par with the ever-popular Cobra Mk III ‘Courier’.
Armament: 3 fully configurable pylons (will you miss a fourth?), fore and aft weapon mounts (military laser compatibility only - ouch!), all other standard - and not so standard - shipyard equipment can be fitted.
Price tag: Cr285,000
Provenance: your guess is as good as ours - something that got left on the cutting room floor after the Pimp My Cobra competition ended? Fall-out from the Thargoid-incursion-at-Diso / nanobot episode? Or maybe even that someone in the Design department at Cowell & MgRath has actually done some work?
In showrooms from: give them a chance, they haven't even announced it exists yet!

Our verdict:
If trading is your bag, and your pilot and combat skills will make up for the Carrier’s little less speed and little less heat, then welcome to your new ride.

You may also like:
Mosquito Trader (cheaper, faster, bigger dimensions); Pelamis (2 more missile pylons, leather seats, terrible acceleration); Josher (half the price, twice the missile pylons, no military shield option); SuperCobra (dream on).

Which Spaceship!
Only Cr 2.99 for a year's subscription!
Next issue: Witchspace Craft - our dedicated group of work experience interns hit interstellar space to test out the latest Thargoid-hardened luxury ‘Drifter’ escape pods! Full review available through a wormhole 12,000 years from now!
Last edited by lfnfan on Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Killer Wolf
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Killer Wolf »

where's the pics?
Cmdr Wyvern
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Cmdr Wyvern »

No photos? Then it didn't happen. :wink:
Running Oolite buttery smooth & rock stable w/ tons of eyecandy oxps on:
ASUS Prime X370-A
Ryzen 5 1500X
16GB DDR4 3200MHZ
128GB NVMe M.2 SSD (Boot drive)
1TB Hybrid HDD (For software and games)
EVGA GTX-1070 SC
1080P Samsung large screen monitor
pmw57
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by pmw57 »

Cmdr Wyvern wrote:
No photos? Then it didn't happen. :wink:
And with photos - Photoshopped!

ye cannae win
A trumble a day keeps the doctor away, and the tax man;
even the Grim Reaper keeps his distance.
-- Paul Wilkins
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

Small nitpick: It's What Spaceship?, not Which Spacecraft! (except you want to add your own entry to Other Ficticious Magazines)
lfnfan
Deadly
Deadly

Post by lfnfan »

You want pics? No need: the Cobra Mk III Carrier will look exactly like the Cobra Mk III, unless Cowell & MgRath can co-opt a skilled graphic artist into the project...

Thanks for the point of detail Commander M. I coulda swore they changed the name of that publication between yesterday and today...
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

lfnfan wrote:
Thanks for the point of detail Commander M. I coulda swore they changed the name of that publication between yesterday and today...
Be my guest. :D

However: You only corrected one third of the title. It has to be "What" instead of "Which", and in the end there is a questionmark instead of an exclamationmark. :P Just follow the link and read the title.

Oh, and by the way: feel free to photoshop your own issue of "What Spaceship?" and put it on the wiki. :)
lfnfan
Deadly
Deadly

Post by lfnfan »

there it goes again, changing before my very eyes.

sad to say, but the marginal utility i am deriving from this thread is now less than that to be gained from writing up 8 pages of notes from a meeting I had 2 weeks ago.

:lol:
Svengali
Commander
Commander

Post by Svengali »

Or you could read this :-)
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Re:

Post by Cholmondely »

lfnfan wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:38 pm
there it goes again, changing before my very eyes.
Details now added to the What Spaceship? wiki page
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?