Misjump Analyser

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Misjump Analyser

Post by Eric Walch »

How often did it happen to you when you were just jumping to the next system: Thargoid Ambush

You probably looked for ways to avoid this. When yes, the witchspace analyser is something for you.

Usage
The detection process starts when the player initiates a witchspace countdown. The analysis will take several seconds. When a disturbance is detected, the distance is calculated and a communication message is send to the player. Because of technical reasons the on screen version of the massage is lost in the countdown message but an alarm sounds and the message can be called back by opening the comms log with the `-key.

Availability
This equipment can be purchased in all high-technical systems (10+) for a sum of 1450 Cr.

Technical specifications.
This is still an experimental version of the scanner. It can't detect all misjumps but any misjump that can be avoided by this equipment is a blessing. Currently no human completely understands how the analyser exactly works. The blueprint for this scanner is retrieved from a captured thargoid ship after a minor battle in the Najort nebula. From this blueprint and an intact thargoid navigator retrieved from the captured ship, it was discovered that when attaching this device to the ships navigational computer, it sounds an alarm when there are thargoids on the projected course.
Rumour is that thargoids deliberately left the blueprint behind for human retrieval.

Disclamer
The manufacturer of the WA will never guarantee the WA always gives the right result. It always is advisable to get an additional live insurance in the benefit of your family that might stay back in case something does go wrong.

You need at least Oolite 1.73 to use this equipment.
DaddyHoggy
Intergalactic Spam Assassin
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by DaddyHoggy »

Very cool! Bravo!
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
Westwood
Above Average
Above Average

Post by Westwood »

Has anyone else noticed that you can jump into a thargoid ambush by pressing and holding the "down" and "right" keys together when you initiate and actually jump through your witch space cloud?

I think I came to my Elite ranking by doing this. EPIC THARGOID BATTLES EVERYWHERE, ALL THE TIME! :twisted:
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Post by Cody »

Called a forced mis-jump, I believe: very handy for a bit of mayhem and as a break from picking off pirates.
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!