Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Cat-Alliance.oxp

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Chaky
Deadly
Deadly

Cat-Alliance.oxp

Post by Chaky »

Does anyone have this OXP? (Read:"I wanna I wanna I wanna")

Download link in EliteWiki is broken, and it looks like the author abandoned it.
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

Don't know. Looks like somebody put the same two empty ship templates all over the Wiki, and that was that.

Therefore, I don't think there is anything like a Cat-Alliance.oxp.

And probably the Wiki needs some clean-up. :oops:
Sendraks
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Sendraks »

Commander McLane wrote:
Could use a list of OXPs compatible with 1.73 as well.
zevans
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm

Post by zevans »

Sendraks wrote:
Commander McLane wrote:
I think the master list of OXPs needs a major overhaul, and the table should include the author and the known good versions. I'd be happy to make a start...

Also the page is a bit long now, so maybe we should have the table in one page and split off the List-of-OXPs-by-function into a separate page. That's not really much worse than having one page that you have to edit twice at opposite ends like we have now...
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

Pretty as it is, that two-tone table makes adding new entries a serious PITA too.. maybe it needs to go..
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
Rustybolts
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Rustybolts »

I agree maybe you should start a poll before you do change it though.
STE.+ Firefly/Dragonfly + BlackJacksbullion v.1.23 link below.
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=ca16 ... f6e8ebb871
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

I wasn't planning changing it.. just throwing the idea out there to see what reaction it got.. :wink:
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
Chaky
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Chaky »

Commander McLane wrote:
Don't know. Looks like somebody put the same two empty ship templates all over the Wiki, and that was that.

I'm pretty sure I read some comments on this OXP, so I'm pretty sure this OXP is real.
Rustybolts
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Rustybolts »

Diziet Sma wrote:
I wasn't planning changing it.. just throwing the idea out there to see what reaction it got.. :wink:
Zevans said he was up to the task though.
STE.+ Firefly/Dragonfly + BlackJacksbullion v.1.23 link below.
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=ca16 ... f6e8ebb871
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

Chaky wrote:
Commander McLane wrote:

I'm pretty sure I read some comments on this OXP, so I'm pretty sure this OXP is real.
Well, in that case I'd suggest you start with a search for it here on the boards. Perhaps some comments turn up here. But I doubt it. I've never seen anything else than these very obviously incomplete ship templates. An I don't even recall a board member with "Adam" as an avatar, although he could use anothere name here, of course. The guy who created the pages and spread them all over the wiki has also a user page, I suggest having as look at it. You will see that Makarius during his Wiki clean-up tried to contact the guy via his user page, but there was never any response, and this was more than a year ago.

So my conclusion at this point would be that the OXP in question, if not dead, at least smells funny. :oops:
Svengali
Commander
Commander

Post by Svengali »

zevans wrote:
Sendraks wrote:
Commander McLane wrote:
I think the master list of OXPs needs a major overhaul, and the table should include the author and the known good versions. I'd be happy to make a start...

Also the page is a bit long now, so maybe we should have the table in one page and split off the List-of-OXPs-by-function into a separate page. That's not really much worse than having one page that you have to edit twice at opposite ends like we have now...
I'd say that a automatically generated table would be the best option. Anybody familiar with creating such a thing?
Chaky
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Chaky »

Svengali wrote:
zevans wrote:
Sendraks wrote:

I'd say that a automatically generated table would be the best option. Anybody familiar with creating such a thing?
I'm a web designer (wannabe) and I have an idea or two of how that could be accomplished.
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

Wouldn't it be easier just to use the wiki categories completely and properly? Then it'd be auto-compiling...
Svengali
Commander
Commander

Post by Svengali »

Thargoid wrote:
Wouldn't it be easier just to use the wiki categories completely and properly? Then it'd be auto-compiling...
Yupp. But you will need additional infos (description, version number, max version, etc). I don't know if this works with a simple category .-)
So if a user is searching for a list of oxps that are compatible to v1.65, he has to visit every listed page. Probably not so user friendly.

Edit: Can this part of the discussion be moved to the WIKI-topic?
Chaky
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Chaky »

Svengali wrote:
Can this part of the discussion be moved to the WIKI-topic?
Here.