Problem with Military Fiasco

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Captain Hesperus
Grand High Clock-Tower Poobah

Problem with Military Fiasco

Post by Captain Hesperus »

Hi guys,
I searched but couldn't find anything pertinent (maybe didn't look hard enough, meh). I've started Military Fiasco in G3, but every time I've started the mission offering screens, it gets as far as the one with the Basilisk then goes back to the F5 status screen. There's no mission text in the F5x2 screen, and I don't appear to get the mission offered again.
I'm running Oolite v.1.65 (the computer I'm on can't handle the latest builds) and the up-to-date version of MF from the Wiki (2.4.1?).

Help?

Captain Hesperus
The truth, revealed!!
Tivva
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Right behind you in a cloaked Thargoid Warship prototype

Post by Tivva »

iirc things plod along slowly with MilFi
I'd suggest just carry on doing your own thing & it'll start when ready.

Tivva
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Re: Problem with Military Fiasco

Post by Eric Walch »

Captain Hesperus wrote:
...I've started Military Fiasco in G3, but every time I've started the mission offering screens, it gets as far as the one with the Basilisk then goes back to the F5 status screen. ...
Confirmed, a copy and past error in the old scripting system. Find the next few lines with set: in script.plist

Code: Select all

conditions = (
	"set: mission_offering military_fiasco_first3", 
	"missionChoice_string equal YesFiasco", 
	"gui_screen_string oneof GUI_SCREEN_MAIN, GUI_SCREEN_STATUS, GUI_SCREEN_SHORT_RANGE_CHART", 
 		); 

conditions = (
	 "set: mission_offering military_fiasco_first4", 
	"gui_screen_string oneof GUI_SCREEN_MAIN, GUI_SCREEN_STATUS, GUI_SCREEN_EQUIP_SHIP, GUI_SCREEN_SHORT_RANGE_CHART"
	); 
and replace it with:

Code: Select all

conditions = (
	"mission_offering equal military_fiasco_first3", 
	"gui_screen_string oneof GUI_SCREEN_MAIN, GUI_SCREEN_STATUS, GUI_SCREEN_SHORT_RANGE_CHART", 
 		); 

conditions = (
	 "mission_offering equal military_fiasco_first4", 
	"gui_screen_string oneof GUI_SCREEN_MAIN, GUI_SCREEN_STATUS, GUI_SCREEN_EQUIP_SHIP, GUI_SCREEN_SHORT_RANGE_CHART"
	); 
In an attempt to make the old script even more foolproof I added a bug. Will upload a new version 2.4.3 later today.
This bug only affects 1.65 Oolite 1.72 uses an other script that is well playtested.
Captain Hesperus

@Tivva:- I know that MF is a plodder mission, but usually you get through the first briefing in one sitting :)

@Eric:- Cheers, that works just fine! I'm now prowling the starlanes seeking out Hydras, Basilisks and <shudder> Rattlers!

Captain Hesperus
The truth, revealed!!
Eric Walch

Post by Eric Walch »

Captain Hesperus wrote:
@Eric:- Cheers, that works just fine! I'm now prowling the starlanes seeking out Hydras, Basilisks and <shudder> Rattlers!
The above fix only works fine when not already saved after the broken mission briefing. I added an extra line so it will also works with a badly saved file.

I looked back and notice I added the bug with version 2.2. :oops: Probably only few people started the mission with old 1.65.

Tested the changes with 1.65 and it now works fine with good old 1.65. I uploaded it as version 2.4.3 and updated the wiki.

I just updated MF to 2.4.2 two weeks ago. When you have still version 2.4.1 and use 1.72 there is no need to update yet. 2.4.1 is affected by an oolite code change but that will not cause problems until Oolite 1.74.
Tivva
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Right behind you in a cloaked Thargoid Warship prototype

Post by Tivva »

Captain Hesperus wrote:
@Tivva:- I know that MF is a plodder mission, but usually you get through the first briefing in one sitting :)
Sorry Hespy, glad to see that you're sorted now though.
Captain Hesperus

Tivva wrote:
Captain Hesperus wrote:
Sorry Hespy, glad to see that you're sorted now though.
Yup, just got Rattler all over me.

Press Space, Commander...... :evil: :evil:

Captain Hesperus
The truth, revealed!!