Cargo Wreck Teaser

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Cargo Wreck Teaser

Post by Eric Walch »

I just updated Cargo Wreck Teaser to version 1.4

All internal legacy scripts are replaced by JS scripts. Also the internal naming is made more robust. e.g. Some old description keys like "colour" are destined to conflict with other oxp's using that same key name as description key. I renamed a lot of them to more unique names.

Cargo Wreck Teaser 1.4

For 1.72 users there is no need to already upgrade as the changes are not visible to the player. However, this version no longer suffers from a bug in the 1.73 truck version where nothing happened on scooping.

But it still means the truck bug itself is not solved. I even think there are more commands in ship script_actions not working than awardCredits alone. To recognise who scooped a pod I noticed that awardCredits:, awardShipKills:, awardEquipment:, removeEquipment:, awardCargo: and removeAllCargo only did something when scooped up by the player and nothing when scooped by a NPC. When awardCredits is broken I suspect that all 6 are currently broken in legacy ship scripts.
Rxke
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Rxke »

You're doing a great job, Eric.

It's people like you, doing unpopular work, that keep Oolite running in the long time, IMHO.
Lestradae
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Lestradae »

Rxke wrote:
You're doing a great job, Eric. ... doing unpopular work ...
I doubt Eric's work is unpopular - its just so that his AI alterations and other tweaks to the game tend to be somewhat invisible, as they are noticed least when they work best - because they work and make the game work better thereby!

So I'd like to join in into this praise 8)

Right On!

L
pleb87
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by pleb87 »

I think he meant unpopular as in work nobody else wants to do...?

Good job though Eric, keep up the "unpopular" work! :lol: :P
Lestradae
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Lestradae »

pleb87 wrote:
I think he meant unpopular as in work nobody else wants to do...?

Good job though Eric, keep up the "unpopular" work!
Whoops :oops: :lol:

I guess it has to show sometimes that english is not my mothertongue ...

8)

L
DaddyHoggy
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by DaddyHoggy »

You do better than me! English is, theoretically my mother tongue (although if I said I had Geordie parents, there are some on this board who would nod sagely and sadly), the skill of the non-native-English speakers on this board to add so brilliantly often leaves me in total awe.
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
_ds_
Deadly
Deadly

Post by _ds_ »

DaddyHoggy wrote:
You do better than me! English is, theoretically my mother tongue (although if I said I had Geordie parents, there are some on this board who would nod sagely and sadly), the skill of the non-native-English speakers on this board to add so brilliantly often leaves me in total awe.
u r so rite foriners rite betr english than us im sick of being illitrat charva wish i cud spel propley

(Ahem.)
http://tartarus.org/~ds/oolite/patches, Buzzer OXP etc.
goran
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by goran »

DaddyHoggy wrote:
<snip>... the skill of the non-native-English speakers on this board to add so brilliantly often leaves me in total awe.
Somehow I don't find myself in that statement... :oops:
DaddyHoggy

Post by DaddyHoggy »

_ds_ wrote:
DaddyHoggy wrote:
u r so rite foriners rite betr english than us im sick of being illitrat charva wish i cud spel propley

(Ahem.)
:) Ahruman, used to often (correctly) point out the errors of grammar when I made some incorrect use of some verb or somesuch. As I have zero skill in any other language (despite many attempts to learn French, German and Japanese by various methods over the years) I really do find the ease of conversing with the many non-native English speakers/writers on this board quite humbling.

(When my eldest was 2 we started her on French lessons, which she did until she was 5, you got quite good, confident even. Then she started into the English Education system - when will she next do French as a formal lesson? When she's 11... (and given (now she's 7) she already does Ballet, Taekwon-do and Brownies, there isn't enough time or funds to continue the French lessons privately))
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
Eric Walch

Post by Eric Walch »

Rxke wrote:
It's people like you, doing unpopular work, that keep Oolite running in the long time, IMHO.
Thanks. I always find it a shame that such good stuff like CargoWreck and other oxp's don't make fully use of the possibilities of the new scripting system. And that this oxp of A_H is popular is shown by its download count: The current update, after 8 days, has already passed its 150th download.
DaddyHoggy wrote:
the skill of the non-native-English speakers on this board to add so brilliantly often leaves me in total awe.
Some people are just better in languages; foreign or native. For me, also my native language often has many mistakes.
My main handicap in English is a small vocabulary to choose from. Often I can't find the words I look for and I write something similar in meaning, but less to the point as I had in mind and would have used in my native language. My German vocabulary is probably better but my German grammar sucks.
Eric Walch

Post by Eric Walch »

I updated Cargo Wreck Teaser.oxp a few times since the last message. The current version 1.6 now contains a material directory with specular maps for all barrels. The specular maps add selective reflections to the barrels. Your computer needs shaders to use those maps.

Also is this oxp since version 1.5.4 fully compatible with the current 1.73 Oolite AND with the coming 1.74 release.

For those that already work with trunk versions, I prepared a little Cargo Wreck Showroom.oxp It is just a small oxp that displays all available barrels on a mission screen after startup. Because the pods are now blown up at full screen size, you'll see them better than in game. This last showroom.oxp needs 1.74
Chrisfs
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Chrisfs »

Eric has coded some neat stuff, both UPS Courier and Deep Space Pirates add to the game.
Greyman
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Greyman »

I like it! Great work.
Get the Oolite Keymapper for Mac here!
Eric Walch

Post by Eric Walch »

Users of the new Oolite 1.74 should upgrade also their Cargo_Wreck_Teaser.oxp to version 1.6.2

Although all older versions still will work, will this version make optimal use of some of the new 1.74 features.

Main difference is that scripted pods (those with the funny messages) are not removed from the system on scooping, like with 1.73 and before, but can be ejected and re-scooped again. Special useful for pods scooped by npc ships.

Cargo Wreck Teaser.oxp can be downloaded from the wiki as it is not a 1.74 only oxp and is already available for some time.
Arexack_Heretic
Dangerous Subversive Element
Dangerous Subversive Element
Location: [%H] = Earth surface, Lattitude 52°10'58.19"N, longtitude 4°30'0.25"E.

Post by Arexack_Heretic »

Thanks for keeping my works up to date Eric!
You've probably spent more time on them by now than I have. :D

Here's an image in wings3d.
Riding the Rocket!