Episode V - The Galactic Navy Strikes Back!

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

matt634
Deadly
Deadly

Episode V - The Galactic Navy Strikes Back!

Post by matt634 »

Hello Everybody!

I've returned to you now. I have lurked around the boards, but haven't much time in the last year to post, mod, or even play Oolite. RL has been productive though. I'm halfway through law school and have contracted to join His Majesty's Democratic Sky Navy... err US Air Force as a Judge Advocate.

Anyways, the release of 1.72 looks like a perfect way to spend my winter break. First on my list, however, is finishing up the year old update to Galactic Navy. I have already squashed all the known bugs discussed on the forum, fixed the redundant textures, and added a couple new reserve missions along with some other goodies like pirate victim roles. My favorite new addition is more capable frigates. They now use their hardheads offensively to counter threats outside the reach of their plasma turrets :twisted:. I still need to fix the defense ships for the SecCom's which tend to launch and then redock without doing any real defending; they're either lazy, cowards, or both, and such behavior will not be tolerated.

Finally, for those of you playing with the OXP over the past year, how do you find the random placement of navy ships throughout the galaxies? Too many? Too few? Do they make you think twice when carrying a fugitive status?

Happy Holidays
pagroove
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by pagroove »

Glad the development is continued. I like your OXP. Could you take out the planet descriptions for Isinor and Tibionis in the next version? They get priority over the Famous Planets descriptions. I make mention of the Navy Sector stations in my descriptions.

I also like some random stuff. As we've discussed before.
I llike the placement of the carrier groups although I've only seen them around the planets with a sector stations.
For P.A. Groove's music check
https://soundcloud.com/p-a-groove
Famous Planets v 2.7. (for Povray)
https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13709
FSOneblin
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by FSOneblin »

Welcome back. Do you bring good news of all the worlds being born? Well, I don't see anything wrong with galactic navy on 1.72. And thats all I really had to say... but good luck in law school, and the air force (my Grampa was in that).

FSOneblin
Don't panic

Now an "adult!"
matt634
Deadly
Deadly

Post by matt634 »

Could you take out the planet descriptions for Isinor and Tibionis in the next version?
I'll do one better. I will add the famous planet descriptions for those two planets to Galactic Navy. That way the user gets the full description regardless of which oxp is/isn't installed. Otherwise, users with Galactic Navy but without Famous Planets would get no planet description.
Ark
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Episode V - The Galactic Navy Strikes Back!

Post by Ark »

Hi mat long time no see!!!
matt634 wrote:
First on my list, however, is finishing up the year old update to Galactic Navy.
Well thats very good news!!! :D