GRS buoyRepair.oxp

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Svengali
Commander
Commander

GRS buoyRepair.oxp

Post by Svengali »

buoyRepair

If you are tired of losing control and orientation, the GRS-Company offers quality buoys to make your travels safe.

buoyRepair WIKI-Page
buoyRepair1.3.2.zip

Current v1.3.2.
Last edited by Svengali on Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:33 pm, edited 17 times in total.
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

A new and exciting way of advertising one's project! :D
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander »

The other good news is that with v1.71.2, the Station Buoy repair ship does not get a route1patrolAI.plist when it launches, so it can actually go and do its job now :-)
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Post by Eric Walch »

another_commander wrote:
The other good news is that with v1.71.2, the Station Buoy repair ship does not get a route1patrolAI.plist when it launches, so it can actually go and do its job now :-)
This particularly bug of 1.71 is already bypassed. All repair ships now use one single script. On creation of the repair ship the script decides which AI file it should follow.

The other bug in 1.71 of ships flying into the system buoy is very welcomed by us. That created the need of our repair team that will launch soon.
Eric Walch

Post by Eric Walch »

The new upcoming oxp is about buoys and the mentality of young traders.

In the old days when I graduated from flight school we still were not allowed to fly real traders. The first year we were only allowed to flew shuttles between the station and the surface. During this year you got respect for those big traders and you learned to navigate between them. One small navigation error and you, with your shuttle, were history.

In the modern days, specially in the 1.71 era, young traders with little experience are allowed to launch from stations in fast ships. They don't care about slowly navigating between the crowded station area and clearing the launch-path as soon as possible. A lot of them just like speed and some of them just fly straight ahead and thereby smashing the navigation buoy's.

If you can't fight it, at least turn it in a profit for you. Current production capacity of buoys is based on a single replacement every few weeks. With the current amount of destruction of one buoy per hour, the storage rooms must be depleted very soon. And there is no capacity to replace them anymore. Without these buoys the police will not be able to patrol in direction witchpoint and pirates get their chance to ambush traders with little consequences. Without further actions, this will lead to the decay of the Ooniverse.

That's were the upcoming oxp is about. Set up a repair system of buoys. With such an upcoming shortage we can ask any prise for repair! Big business!

Cmdr. Walch,
Salesman of the GRS.
Ark
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Ark »

Very clever concept !!!! My concratulations
Lately I was under the impression that t after all those years of oxp development there can be no new clever ideas for a new oxp but apparently the limits of oxping are boundless
Svengali
Commander
Commander

Post by Svengali »

Ark wrote:
Very clever concept !!!! My concratulations
Lately I was under the impression that t after all those years of oxp development there can be no new clever ideas for a new oxp but apparently the limits of oxping are boundless
Our team says: 'Thank you.' That sounds like music in our ears. And the small appetizer above doesn't reflect the whole power of the oxp. Eric's scripts are out of an other world, you will see it soon. Meanwhile you could enjoy the teaser :-)
Eric Walch

Post by Eric Walch »

Ark wrote:
Lately I was under the impression that after all those years of oxp development there can be no new clever ideas for a new oxp but apparently the limits of oxping are boundless
Thank you Ark. I also thought we had all ideas exploited until Svengali asked me two months ago to bundle our forces and form a repair team for our buoys. And just write a two-liner that added the buoys after destruction would be no fun in doing.

We went for the hard way and fitted the repair into a whole story with a factory and repair ships cruising the galaxies. The most visible part for the average player will be the art work of Svengali: A beautiful crafted station.

Less visible is the code for repairing itself. I think most plain players will take it for granted when they see it. Only some oxp programmers will wonder how the repair works.

But see for yourself when ready. It must be a matter of days now. I already declared it ready a few times, but then there are always exception situations you have to cope with. Just today I noticed a ship crashing into the planed because he could not create a wormhole next to a twin-torus station. (I forgot to test it next to those heavy beasts) The ship just went on and on to get far enough away until he reached planetary surface on the hard way. It is fixed now, but we want to be sure we don't keep updating after release.
Svengali
Commander
Commander

Post by Svengali »

After thinking, really deep thinking, we decided to open the doors a little bit more :-)

The Wiki-Page is online -> buoyRepair.

There you can already download the teaser. So feel free to put your nose in it...

And if you really can't wait till release - be annoying nasty, cry for help or just jump.
Lestradae
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Lestradae »

Looks VERY cool! :)

Can`t wait to see the whole thing in action,

L
Rxke
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Rxke »

Oh boy, very nifty! kudos!
pagroove
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by pagroove »

Wow man!
Excellent! This is a most pleasant suprise 8)
For P.A. Groove's music check
https://soundcloud.com/p-a-groove
Famous Planets v 2.7. (for Povray)
https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13709
Svengali
Commander
Commander

Post by Svengali »

***mumble, mumble*** We are old rich (so it doesn't matter that we are old) -
our eyes are not soooo good and our ears have had hard times -
an accident on Lave with one of these damned little, fast flying rookies, you know?.
So we can't hear you very well. Speak a little bit louder, please.

Maybe this will help... :-)
Eric Walch

Post by Eric Walch »

Hello Svengali,

I think we are soon in business. Read the next newsflash I just found on my E-wire:

Newsflash

After food supply to the planets Ditere and Atlaar minimised a few days ago, today some Human colonials in Ditere and Atlaar started plundering the major cities.

It all started two weeks ago after the witchpoint buoys in both systems broke down. It didn't take long before pirates noticed that GalCop was not able to protect the space-lanes as they always did. GalCop pilots just trusted to much on the beacon being there and lost the old ability to navigate their way to the witchspace entry point with the star constellations. Pirates came in from everywhere and since one week no normal armed trader has been seen hyper in, into those systems.
Why is nobody replacing those buoys everybody ask themselves. And why do young GalCop recruits no longer learn to navigate with the stars?

From this message I conclude troubles for GalCop starts to begin. They can't fight a war against the thargoids while their own people will fight them in their own backyard. I think GalCop will sign our lucrative contracts within 24 hours. And this time on our conditions (=credits $$$). Better start our buoy production today so we can start delivery the first ones by tomorrow. I already browsed through the newest brochure of Executive Spaceways for their latest luxurious ships for my weekend cruises.

Cmdr. Walch
Frame
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Frame »

Eric Walch wrote:
Newsflash
Nice & Neat :-D
Bounty Scanner
Number 935