Cargo wrecks teaser OXP question

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

julyy
Dangerous
Dangerous

Cargo wrecks teaser OXP question

Post by julyy »

This great oxp doesn't work with me. No new cargo is coming up, as promised :(
Did I miss something in Installation? Does it work with your game?
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On a survey mission for GalCop. Ship: Cobra Corvette: Hidden Dragon Rated: Deadly.

Post by LittleBear »

Works on mine (Oolite 1.69.1 running on windows XP). The install is just in the normal way, move the .oxp folder to AddOns. The OXP adds to the types of cargo containers though rather ran removing the normal ones. It is possible that the "dice" just haven't picked the chance of one of the new types of cannisters appearing yet. Laser up a big trade ship as a test!

Its only the cannisters that are changed (Metal pyramids, wooden boxes, radioactives with warning signs etc). No new types of cargo are added, its just the cannisters the cargo is stored in that is changed.
OXPS : The Assassins Guild, Asteroid Storm, The Bank of the Black Monks, Random Hits, The Galactic Almanac, Renegade Pirates can be downloaded from the Elite Wiki here.
julyy
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by julyy »

Till now nothing, but maybe the "dice" theory is right. But shouldn't there now a Fuel Cargocanister? Isn't this new?
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On a survey mission for GalCop. Ship: Cobra Corvette: Hidden Dragon Rated: Deadly.

Post by LittleBear »

Yeah but the fuel cannister is very rare. The boxes and pyramids are pretty common though, so if you don't see any after a few laserings of big ships, then somthings up.
OXPS : The Assassins Guild, Asteroid Storm, The Bank of the Black Monks, Random Hits, The Galactic Almanac, Renegade Pirates can be downloaded from the Elite Wiki here.
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Post by Eric Walch »

jully wrote:
This great oxp doesn't work with me. No new cargo is coming up, as promised
Did I miss something in Installation? Does it work with your game?
It could be a bug in the script.plist There are several versions were there is one character misplaced in the syntax. The oolite macversion then does not load the script and nothing happens.
You should immediately know if it works as you should see all different shapes cargo canisters around. I think version 1.2.1 is the last but most versions of this oxp have no versionnumber other than in the readme docs.

There is also a bug in the cargopod that makes that if an NPC ships scoops the fuelpods, the player gets the credits but also the leaks.

I fixed this in my version and mailed the fixed code also to Arexack in the hope he releases an updated version soon. There were more minor bugs in the oxp, like an wrong link to a datafile in one of the pods that caused mac oolite 1.65 to crash if the pod was added.

But besides this, it is a beautiful OXP that everybody should have.
Arexack_Heretic
Dangerous Subversive Element
Location: [%H] = Earth surface, Lattitude 52°10'58.19"N, longtitude 4°30'0.25"E.

Post by Arexack_Heretic »

A yes,
I was nervous about the possibility that those methods worked on the player only even when triggered by an NPC.

I'll update the teaser as soon as I get an insomnia night.

Please not that this is still a WIP, even though there has been little progress for over a year. I made the mistake of starting overly ambitious and as a result burnt out myself and Murgh as well.
(He did the error checking, poor guy.)

This should become an even better OXP once I put in the true wrecks.
Some models have been lost due to a HDD crash, however most were thankfully uploaded to my webspace as WIP resource for other modders to play with.
Riding the Rocket!
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

Arexack_Heretic wrote:
... burnt out Murgh as well. (He did the error checking, poor guy.)
Oh, yes! That must be one of the more frightening jobs in the Ooniverse... :shock:

(Sorry, couldn't resist. No offence meant.) :wink:
julyy
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by julyy »

Ok! I take the oxp out of the addon folder and will wait for the update. I have no scripting skills and can't repair it myself.
Arexack_Heretic
Location: [%H] = Earth surface, Lattitude 52°10'58.19"N, longtitude 4°30'0.25"E.

no need to take it out. really.

NPCs scooping a pod should be fairly rare and doesn't occur in witchspace so it should not be a huge problem to have a slightly higher fueltank-leak rate.
Riding the Rocket!
julyy
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by julyy »

Hello Arexack!

In the readme it says:

Wrex-teaser2 OXP.
To use this OXP, unzip this package and copy/paste or drag the folder named "Cargo_wrecks_teaser.oxp" into your C:/../Oolite/Addons/ folder
-You may want to delete the script.plist that is in the config sub-folder, it is a basic meet-script. It should not hinder gameplay in any way though.
What is a "meet-script"?

Also, when I unpack the zip there is the readme, the ..oxp , and:

a shipdata.plist

what should I do with that?

Maybe this is the reason why your oxp doesn't work with my mac?
Arexack_Heretic

Hi there Julyy,

the meet-script is a small bit of code that arranges for a few pods to be present every time you exit witchspace.
as the readme suggests it is for testing purposes only and can be safely deleted.
It's called a meet-script because you get to 'meet' any specified item, without having to scour the galaxy for days on end.

All other stuff should remain in the folders as is inherent to the zip-package when you unzip. copy the entire directory-structure named ... wrex_teaser_OXP (IIRC) to your ...oolite/addons folder.
(Easiest to directly unzip to the ..addons folder.)

the shipdata.plist should reside in the ../config directory of the OXP folder.

Your question suggests something has gone wrong with the directory structure... is there a duplicate copy of the file in the config folder as well as in the folder where the readme is kept?
Could be I updated the shipdata in a recent fix, but saved the file at an incorrect location :oops: ... I have had no complaints from anyone about this though.
Riding the Rocket!
julyy
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by julyy »

I've got the oxp first by a link on the wiki. In this zip, the shipdata.plist was not in the correct folder.

Now I got the zip from the Oosat2 and this zip was correct. And the oxp works now :)

thanks for your help!
Arexack_Heretic

the oosat2 one is pre- version one. Don't use it. it is even more buggy than 1.2.

Anyhow I have just spent a few hours updating it and should upload v1.3 soon.
Go check the wiki! 8)
Riding the Rocket!
TGHC
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by TGHC »

Excellent, looking forward to it. It's one of my favourites.
The Grey Haired Commander has spoken!
OK so I'm a PC user - "you know whats scary? Out of billions of sperm I was the fastest"
julyy
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by julyy »

Ok! :)