sound expansions

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

ovvldc
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

sound expansions

Post by ovvldc »

I have the following OXPs that I downloaded over time:

-custom sounds
-Hal's hot sister
-mild audio

Now, before I go and install them, I am wondering if anyone can tell me where they overlap and if they still work at all...

Thanks,
Oscar[/list]
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On a survey mission for GalCop. Ship: Cobra Corvette: Hidden Dragon Rated: Deadly.

Post by LittleBear »

Yes. Try them one at a time. Then install them all and delete the .ogg files you don't want. Eg if you liked the ECM sound from Custom Sounds, then delete the ecm.ogg from the other two. :wink:

Oolite loads the OXPs in alphabetical order, so installing two oxps that change the same thing won't crash Oolite, but if you put all three sound packs in and all changed the ECM sound you'd only hear the one from mild audio.

The same thing happens with all OXPS. If you had DarkwheelCobra.oxp and ShadyCobra.oxp installed then your Cobra IIIs are turned into the ShadyCobra's as both are changing the model used by the Cobra III entry, but Shady's model is loaded last and overwrites the DWC's one.
OXPS : The Assassins Guild, Asteroid Storm, The Bank of the Black Monks, Random Hits, The Galactic Almanac, Renegade Pirates can be downloaded from the Elite Wiki here.
ovvldc
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ovvldc »

I see. Thank you. I was wondering how OXP overlap worked. Time to go and try my sounds, then :).

Now, the DW cobra is more complex than the regular one. Does anyone know if it is more prone to losing systems under fire than the regular one (I am hesitant when it comes to exchanging efficiency for beauty)?

Also, I assume the Dream Team OXP will cancel out the DW as well :).

Best wishes,
Oscar
pescenaufrago
Above Average
Above Average

Re: sound expansions

Post by pescenaufrago »

Hi friends,

I loooked for -Hal's hot sister and -mild audio OXP in the wiki but I could not find them there. Where can I search for them?
tx!
Macbook Pro 1,3 (2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo) - Mac Os X 10.6.8
TGHC
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by TGHC »

Oosat 2 or Oosat probably
The Grey Haired Commander has spoken!
OK so I'm a PC user - "you know whats scary? Out of billions of sperm I was the fastest"
ovvldc
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ovvldc »

pescenaufrago wrote:
Hi friends,

I loooked for -Hal's hot sister and -mild audio OXP in the wiki but I could not find them there. Where can I search for them?
tx!
I have them on my hard drive. I could upload them to the wiki if you cannot find them anywhere else.

best wishes,
Oscar
pescenaufrago
Above Average
Above Average

Post by pescenaufrago »

ovvldc wrote:
pescenaufrago wrote:
I have them on my hard drive. I could upload them to the wiki if you cannot find them anywhere else. Oscar
I think it's a good idea! A unique repository will be better then 2 or more sources...
Macbook Pro 1,3 (2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo) - Mac Os X 10.6.8
ovvldc
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ovvldc »

OK, the audio OXPs are now uploaded to the Wiki.

There is as yet no category to place them under, though I would be tempted to add them under Equipment.

I also have two more questions for our brave maintainers:

* Is there a way to work around the image size maximum? I tried to upload Generation Ships (2.2M) and the wiki refused to take it in. Or must it be uploaded to Oosat2 (for which I do not have a login)?

* There was a fuel pod teaser OXP at one time. Am I right in assuming this has been included in the cargo wrecks teaser OXP? And is that still only a teaser or is there (sort of) final version of that?

Best wishes,
Oscar
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

ovvldc wrote:
* There was a fuel pod teaser OXP at one time. Am I right in assuming this has been included in the cargo wrecks teaser OXP? And is that still only a teaser or is there (sort of) final version of that?
Yes, the fuel pods are part of Cargo Wrecks Teaser. It's still in a sort of unfinished form. I guess Arexack_Heretic will include some of the new shader possibilities to the textures some time. (At least I hope so.)