Strict/Unstrict Gameplay

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Lestradae
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Strict/Unstrict Gameplay

Post by Lestradae »

Hi people,

first of all, thanks for the great game some of you have created here! I have restarted playing e-, well, oolite again after 10 years or so because of it. this is how it should have looked and felt like in the beginning, awesome :)

two questions:

1. i`m not sure if i am playing in strict or unstrict gameplay. how do i find out which modus my game is in?

2. and: is it possible to switch from strict to unstrict gameplay with a savegame that was begun in the other mode, and if yes, how?

greetings,

l
Captain Hesperus
Grand High Clock-Tower Poobah
Grand High Clock-Tower Poobah

Re: Strict/Unstrict Gameplay

Post by Captain Hesperus »

Welcome Lestradae,
1. i`m not sure if i am playing in strict or unstrict gameplay. how do i find out which modus my game is in?
Oolite automatically starts up in unstrict, when fun toys like Witchfuel Injectors and ECM-Hardened missiles are available! If these are not visible on the Equip Ship screen (F3 when docked) at stations of the correct TL (TL 10 and 9 respectively), the you are in strict mode.
2. and: is it possible to switch from strict to unstrict gameplay with a savegame that was begun in the other mode, and if yes, how?
I believe, it's as simple as loading up said save file, then going to the F2 screen and selecting Strict Mode. If I'm correct, any 'non-Strict Mode' equipment spontaneously vanishes from your ship and, indeed the rest of the Ooniverse.

Captain Hesperus
Lestradae
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Thanks!

Post by Lestradae »

Found everything you pointed me to!