Lovecats - stuck!

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

ArkanoiD
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Lovecats - stuck!

Post by ArkanoiD »

Where can i find Romeo's ship? It is said to be "away from space lanes" , but i cannot find him at all for two weeks!
johnsmith
Deadly
Deadly

Post by johnsmith »

Ur fgnegf va gur fcnprynar dhvgr pybfr gb gur jvgpucbvag, gura urnqf sbe gur fha gb fzbxr zrtnjrrq. Ur jba'g whzc gurer, fb lbhe thrff nf gb ubj sne ur trgf vf nf tbbq nf zvar.

http://www.rot13.com/
ArkanoiD
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ArkanoiD »

johnsmith wrote:
Ur fgnegf va gur fcnprynar dhvgr pybfr gb gur jvgpucbvag, gura urnqf sbe gur fha gb fzbxr zrtnjrrq. Ur jba'g whzc gurer, fb lbhe thrff nf gb ubj sne ur trgf vf nf tbbq nf zvar.

http://www.rot13.com/
Thanks! Found it! Though escape pod was easy to destroy by accident :-( it may even crash to abandoned asp :-(
biffa
Above Average
Above Average

Post by biffa »

hi everyone
i am also stuck with this one!!i seem to have been every where and no sign of the ship...been to the sun etc...still looking any help please cheers 8)
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On a survey mission for GalCop. Ship: Cobra Corvette: Hidden Dragon Rated: Deadly.

Post by LittleBear »

Copy and paste the text that johnsmith has posted into the box that will come up when you hit the link and it will be translated into a clue!
OXPS : The Assassins Guild, Asteroid Storm, The Bank of the Black Monks, Random Hits, The Galactic Almanac, Renegade Pirates can be downloaded from the Elite Wiki here.
biffa
Above Average
Above Average

Post by biffa »

Thanks littlebear :D
lolwhites
Deadly
Deadly

Post by lolwhites »

When I try to unzip Lovecats into my AddOns folder, it doesn't appear to create a lovecats.oxp subfolder - rather, the various files and folders (AIs, Textures etc) just get extracted directly into AddOns. Is this right, or should I manually create a folder for them to go into?
johnsmith
Deadly
Deadly

Post by johnsmith »

Odd, Should work if it's in a folder called lovecats.oxp.
biffa
Above Average
Above Average

Post by biffa »

i made a folder called ...lovecats.oxp and put the extracted files into that,works fine for me :D
lolwhites
Deadly
Deadly

Post by lolwhites »

Got it working. Once I even managed to spot him, but then got attacked by some renegades and I was forced to Q-bomb them, and haven't seen him since. Could he have been caught in the blast, or will I find him if I keep searching?
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On a survey mission for GalCop. Ship: Cobra Corvette: Hidden Dragon Rated: Deadly.

Post by LittleBear »

I wrote Renegades after JS wrote lovecats, so I took Romeo into account when scripting renegades! There is a really small chance that you will encounter a renagede(s) at the same time as Romeo (as you have). If the Renegades force you to flee the system or loose Romeo, then jump out and jump back in. Romeo will still be about (where he was when you first met him), you'll just have to find him again!
OXPS : The Assassins Guild, Asteroid Storm, The Bank of the Black Monks, Random Hits, The Galactic Almanac, Renegade Pirates can be downloaded from the Elite Wiki here.
lolwhites
Deadly
Deadly

Post by lolwhites »

Hmmm. I've run into Romeo three times now, and each time I've been attacked by Renegades and lost him. Am I just very unfortunate or what?
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by LittleBear »

There is a 10% chance of a Renegade appearing near his starting point and a 30% chance of encountering one on the route he flys, so I guess you've been unlucky. You could use the cloak to loose the Renegades or just take renegades out of AddOns and put it back in once you've got him!
TGHC
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by TGHC »

LittleBear wrote:
just take renegades out of AddOns and put it back in once you've got him!
Now that's a bit of a cheat, mind you having it in does make it harder.
The Grey Haired Commander has spoken!
OK so I'm a PC user - "you know whats scary? Out of billions of sperm I was the fastest"
pepak
Competent
Competent

Post by pepak »

Hmm, I am afraid I can't find him either :-(
Not even after reading the rot13 message.