Wildships Facelift

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

phkb
Impressively Grand Sub-Admiral
Location: Writing more OXPs, because the world needs more OXPs.

Wildships Facelift

Post by phkb »

I've had a go at retexturing all the Kiota Station variants from WildShips, and switching them over to using the Oolite 1.90/1.91 shaders, and I think the result is pretty good.

So, new diffuse maps, normal maps and specular maps, tweaks to the emission maps, and added some flashers to the docking ports, because I took out the original shaders that made the green balls drift along the docking port. I also turned off all the "smooth = yes" settings, because I think the stations actually look better with hard edges, but it's not hard to dive in and switch them all back if you prefer. This only retextures all the stations (not the other ships). It will also retexture strangers Orbital stations. By itself this OXP will do nothing. It will only do something if WildShips or Orbital stations is installed.

Here's a download link for version 1.0: Wildships_Facelift_1.0.oxz

Comments and feedback welcome. I'll add this to the manager this week if there are no complaints/bugs/etc.
Last edited by phkb on Tue Nov 21, 2023 6:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
Killer Wolf
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Wildships Facelift

Post by Killer Wolf »

they look great!
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

I've just visited a (Stranger's World) KOS-2R Orbiter, a KOS-M and a KOS-RT.

To this dumb pilot they all look much improved.

Thank you!
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
phkb
Location: Writing more OXPs, because the world needs more OXPs.

Post by phkb »

V1.1 has been released, which corrects the name of the BGS tunnel texture. It’s also in the manager now.