Taranis 2.0

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

phkb
Impressively Grand Sub-Admiral
Location: Writing more OXPs, because the world needs more OXPs.

Taranis 2.0

Post by phkb »

Taranis 2.0 has been released and is available in the download manager. Once again, I'm starting a new thread for this one, rather than resurrecting one of the older ones.

In this version
  • Converted XML plist files to OpenStep.
  • Updated station textures and market script.
  • Updated subentities to use new definitions.
  • Updated Wolf Mark II to use Griff's models and textures.
  • Updated station spawning code so that it is possible to save the game at the Taranis HQ.
  • Added New Cargoes station functionality.
  • Fixed issue with docking port, where you would seem to pass through the back of the docking port and view the large blue globe in the middle of the station before the docking animation started.
I'm rather pleased with the way the station turned out. I've posted this to the screenshots thread, but for completeness here it is again:

Available via the Expansion Manager. Wiki page is here: [EliteWiki] Taranis OXP

Let me know if you run into any issues with it.
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Re: Taranis 2.0

Post by Cholmondely »

Screen shot looks superb!

But not showing in my game - and I get this in Latest.log:

22:56:59.331 [script.javaScript.exception.unexpectedType] ReportJSError (OOJavaScriptEngine.m:204): ***** JavaScript exception (taranis_one 2.0): TypeError: system.addShips("[taranis]", 1, pos, 0) is null
"taranis_station":{"deterministic":1,"location":"COORDINATES","coordinates":[18533.791015625,160232.640625,411740]},

There seemed to be no issues with the previous version, so I presume that is it not the rest of my OXP cocktail gumming up the works...
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
phkb

Post by phkb »

Cholmondely wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:24 pm
Screen shot looks superb!

But not showing in my game - and I get this in Latest.log:

22:56:59.331 [script.javaScript.exception.unexpectedType] ReportJSError (OOJavaScriptEngine.m:204): ***** JavaScript exception (taranis_one 2.0): TypeError: system.addShips("[taranis]", 1, pos, 0) is null
"taranis_station":{"deterministic":1,"location":"COORDINATES","coordinates":[18533.791015625,160232.640625,411740]},

There seemed to be no issues with the previous version, so I presume that is it not the rest of my OXP cocktail gumming up the works...
Can I assume that your normal OXP cocktail means the full SW suite? Can you try without SW and let me know if there's a difference? I've just uploaded a new version anyway (because I hadn't updated the manifest file version number correctly), but you shouldn't need this version to test.
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

Same thing, I'm afraid:

Code: Select all

01:07:58.213 [script.javaScript.exception.unexpectedType] ReportJSError (OOJavaScriptEngine.m:204): ***** JavaScript exception (taranis_one 2.0): TypeError: system.addShips("[taranis]", 1, pos, 0) is null
01:17:25.802 [script.javaScript.exception.unexpectedType] ReportJSError (OOJavaScriptEngine.m:204): ***** JavaScript exception (taranis_one 2.0): TypeError: system.addShips("[taranis]", 1, pos, 0) is null
First is from being in the system (save-game at Lerelace). Second is after jumping out and then jumping back in again (in case the save-game remembered which stations are in the current system).
Comments wanted:
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
phkb

Post by phkb »

Cholmondely wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 1:20 am
Same thing, I'm afraid:

01:07:58.213 [script.javaScript.exception.unexpectedType] ReportJSError (OOJavaScriptEngine.m:204): ***** JavaScript exception (taranis_one 2.0): TypeError: system.addShips("[taranis]", 1, pos, 0) is null
01:17:25.802 [script.javaScript.exception.unexpectedType] ReportJSError (OOJavaScriptEngine.m:204): ***** JavaScript exception (taranis_one 2.0): TypeError: system.addShips("[taranis]", 1, pos, 0) is null
First is from being in the system (save-game at Lerelace). Second is after jumping out and then jumping back in again (in case the save-game remembered which stations are in the current system).
Is there anything upstream in the log to indicate some other problems? Things like a shipdata.plist file not able to be read, things like that?
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist

Post by Cholmondely »

Spot on!

01:07:33.860 [plist.parse.failed] OOPropertyListFromData (OOPListParsing.m:72): Failed to parse /Users/accountname/Library/Application Support/Oolite/Managed AddOns/oolite.oxp.RobertTodd.Taranis_2.0.oxz/Config/shipdata.plist as a property list.
Unexpected character { at line 1
Comments wanted:
phkb

Post by phkb »

Cholmondely wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 1:30 am
Spot on!

01:07:33.860 [plist.parse.failed] OOPropertyListFromData (OOPListParsing.m:72): Failed to parse /Users/accountname/Library/Application Support/Oolite/Managed AddOns/oolite.oxp.RobertTodd.Taranis_2.0.oxz/Config/shipdata.plist as a property list.
Unexpected character { at line 1
OK, found a missing ";" in the shipdata. Version 2.0.2 should be available in the Expansion Manager shortly.
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist

Post by Cholmondely »

Fixed the semicolon (the AppleMac terminal gives you the line number for one mistake - for more than one you get the ubiquitous and unhelpful message about the Unexpected character { at line 1

And indeed, your new station looks superb.

But ILS insisted on taking me in at 90° to the docking slot! "Press Space, Commander!"
Comments wanted:
phkb

Post by phkb »

OK, Taranis 2.0.5 is out now, which should correct (or hide) the issue with the dock walls disappearing when you enter it. And because there is a standard dock object now, ILS *should* work (although I haven't tested that).
cbr
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by cbr »

phkb wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:59 am
OK, Taranis 2.0.5 is out now, which should correct (or hide) the issue with the dock walls disappearing when you enter it. And because there is a standard dock object now, ILS *should* work (although I haven't tested that).
Works nicely for me,looks like a 'normal' docking sequence
Griff
Oolite 2 Art Director
Oolite 2 Art Director

Post by Griff »

That station looks amazing! :shock:
phkb

Post by phkb »

Griff wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:15 am
That station looks amazing! :shock:
Thanks, Griff! I was pleased with how this one turned out with a bit of spit and polish!
phkb

Post by phkb »

New planet for Lerelace:
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist

Post by Cholmondely »

Impressive, Sir!
Comments wanted:
phkb

Post by phkb »

Update now in the Expansion manager.