'AsteroidRemover'

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

UK_Eliter
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Essex (mainly industrial and occasionally anarchic)

'AsteroidRemover'

Post by UK_Eliter »

Is anyone maintaining the AsteroidRemover OXP, hosted here on BitBucket?

I ask because I think it needs a slight change. The in-game manager bills the expansion pack thusly: 'Moves static asteroids on a really random position'. That text does not make sense. More: if we take the intended meaning as 'Randomises the position of asteroids' then that description seems to conflict with the description given on the BitBucket page, which is: 'Remove blasted asteroids between save games.' I do not know which of the functions the OXP actually performs (though I do have the OXP loaded).

I suppose I could investigate and, if necessary, clone the BitBucket repository and either release my own version (if licensing allows) or submit a pull-request to make whatever change turns out to be necessary?
Milo
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: 'AsteroidRemover'

Post by Milo »

The bitbucket project is indeed removing destroyed asteroids. It records in your saved game which asteroids were zapped. It is not moving them.

In the in-game expansion manager, "asteroid remover" is listed and has the description 'Remove blasted asteroids between save games'.

There is also a mod in the expansion manager named "asteroid randomizer" that has the other description you quoted. It is a different OXP.
UK_Eliter
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Essex (mainly industrial and occasionally anarchic)

Re: 'AsteroidRemover'

Post by UK_Eliter »

Ah. I must have got confused. Thanks for the clarification.