Help with Deposed

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Davemak
Dangerous
Dangerous

Help with Deposed

Post by Davemak »

Hi All,

Looking for the Peldorian drug factory at Onmar - what exactly am I looking for...? Group of ships, rock hermit, factory ship ala Ionics?

Thanks
Nuke 'em 'til they glow; then shoot 'em in the dark!
Cmdr. Wombat
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Cmdr. Wombat »

Look for the asteroid field outside the witchpoint (ie instead of heading toward the planet, go the other way). If you find that, the drug factory will be obvious enough.
It is generally inadvisable to eject over the target you just bombed.
Davemak
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Davemak »

Many thanks - found it.

Did the briefing tell you where it was if you didn't contact the Galcops?

Maybe an idea to have both briefings rather than the rather lame from the copper?

Off to Gal 5 now
Cmdr. Wombat
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Cmdr. Wombat »

Davemak wrote:
Many thanks - found it.

Did the briefing tell you where it was if you didn't contact the Galcops?

Maybe an idea to have both briefings rather than the rather lame from the copper?

Off to Gal 5 now
Zskthak told you where it was when he was going on about the attack on his house. That way you get told whether you contact GalCop or not. I should perhaps change the mission description you get on the F5-F5 screen to be more explicit about it's location.
Davemak
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Davemak »

I didn't get a briefing from Zshthak - the briefing sort of comes from Commander luluay (excuse the names, I didn't pay that much attention) - he paraphrases what the original talk would have been. Definitely no mention of an attack on his house. Thats why I had no idea about an asteroid field, or going away from the witchpoint beacon. I agree more detailed reminder on the F5F5 would have been very useful.

Is this deliberate or is it happening so fast that we only get the last page? This is on the PC version.

All the way through Deposed, after deciding to talk to the cops, I have only had briefings from the police paraphrasing the conversations that took place.

Another question - I tried it without contacting the police and did the 1st part (destroy pirates I think) - and when I returned to the planet for my reward, there was nothing (and the mission had gone from F5F5) - I assumed that this was the criminal element reneging on a deal so went back and played from a save where I did inform the police. Was that intentional?

Still - fun mission so far. Cheers
Cmdr. Wombat
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Cmdr. Wombat »

Hmmmm, this is the first time I've heard these issues - it all works okay on my Mac. You should be getting the lowdown from Zskthak first, followed by interactions with GalCop. And the GalCop contact doesn't always happen on the same planet as the meeting with Zskthak...

In addition, you should have received the reward - there's no point in the criminal side reneging since they want to make use of you in the future.

Plea for help:
Has anyone else had these problems? Has anyone played Deposed on a PC without these problems?
Davemak
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Davemak »

I'm pretty certain that the Galcop contact occurs in place of any meeting with Zskthak, although only after I've been told to go someplace for a meeting.

In fact it was something I was going to make a suggestion about before I ran into probs finding the drug factory.

Unfortunately I deleted the save game from where the deal went south recently.
Cmdr. Wombat
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Cmdr. Wombat »

Unfortunately for a variety of reasons (deadlines at work, impending arrival of new baby etc.) I won't be able to look into this for a while. Perhaps not for a month or so... But I'll put it on the list.
Rxke
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Rxke »

Cmdr. Wombat wrote:
impending arrival of new baby etc.

A new one? What did you do with the old one?

(Sorry, couldn't resist, that sentence sounded funny to my Flemish ears...)
Last edited by Rxke on Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cmdr. Wombat
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Cmdr. Wombat »

Rxke wrote:
A new one? What did you do with the old one?

(Sorry, couldn't resist, that sentence sounded funny in my Flemish ears...)
Yes, I could see how that would sound odd. All we did with the old one was feed her, clothe her etc. Now she's not a baby. Neither is her younger sister... Somehow my wife convinced me that having a baby around again would be fun... :D :? :shock: :( :D
Davemak
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Davemak »

No problem - so far working around any issues that this flags up.

Congrats on the impending arrival - I'll stick to oolite (and exam revision) :D

Don't want my wife getting the wrong idea
Davemak
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Davemak »

So, can you tell me if there is any more to the mission when you take the passenger to Galaxy 5?
ArkanoiD
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ArkanoiD »

Davemak wrote:
So, can you tell me if there is any more to the mission when you take the passenger to Galaxy 5?
There was something about the generation ship seen in some system. We did not have generation ships at the moment, but now we do, maybe it's time to write a sequel? ;-)
Cmdr. Wombat
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Cmdr. Wombat »

ArkanoiD wrote:
Davemak wrote:
There was something about the generation ship seen in some system. We did not have generation ships at the moment, but now we do, maybe it's time to write a sequel? ;-)
Once you've taken the passenger to Galaxy 5 that's it (if I recall correctly). At least for now. The generation ship iNews flash was a sort of teaser - at the time I had some ideas about a mission involving a lost generation ship. Given my current time constraints, neither a Deposed2 nor a gen ship mission will be forthcoming for quite some time (in fact, the latter would be better left to someone else). Expanding the Thargoid Wars oxp is top of my list, but even that is along way off...
Davemak
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Davemak »

Yep, I saw the message about the generation ship - but I had just installed the oxp with the gen ship so I was flummoxed as to which it belonged to.

Thanks anyway - enjoyed the deposed missions - and the text was hilarious (especially liked the advice about not drinkig the lethal brandy!)

Keep it up