In-System Cargo Delivery

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

stranger
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

In-System Cargo Delivery

Post by stranger »

In-System Cargo Delivery

Latest OXZ - Version 0.6.0
Uploaded 30 January 2019

Non-combat activity in vanilla game is mainly interstellar, not in-system. It is inevitable if you have only one planet with only main station in system. But if you have additional planets and moons in system what do you think of stimulus to visit these celestial bodies? Curiosity matters, but only firstly. In-system short missions seems good solution.

We have some OXPs generating in-system activity such as In-System Taxi (author spara) etc. I hope in-system cargo delivery short missions will be welcomed addition in this part of game.

There are two types of cargo delivery missions:
Special cargo delivery – extra equipment for research stations beyond the limits of pre-planned regular supply.
Urgent cargo delivery – equipment for recovery from malfunctions and accidents (first-aid kits, auxiliary/backup systems etc).
Both types of cargo is not cargo in common sense – it is 5 ton container installed in cargo bay as equipment unit. It installs after mission selection and removes after arrival to destination port.

Mission selection interface on F4 page (Ship, System & Status Controls) is hidden after start-up. It reveals only after docking with main station.
In-system cargo delivery missions generates for extra planet ports only – not for main planet ports, not for moon ports, not for space stations.
You need ship with Planet Landing Capability installed and at least 5 tons of free cargo space to accept mission. Mission will not be offered without satisfying these condition.
Advanced Space Compass will be very useful too for navigation to destination port, but it is your problem if you think to be able to navigate by visual rules without ASC.
You need also at least 250 Cr to pick mission. If you accept mission this insurance fee will be removed from your cash and will be returned only in case of successful delivery with some reward. Sum of reward depends on type of mission (urgent mission is more valuable) and index of system danger.

Select mission after arrival onto main station and save to continue later as you wish – mission status will be written to oolite-save file.
You can load extra cargo for destination port, if you have free cargo space after installing special/urgent cargo unit. Pick mission, load extra cargo, save and run!
Start from main station, lock ASC onto destination port and go to destination. Destination port is displayed on manifest screen F5-F5.
It is obligatory to perform mission without docking with any outside port. It is not time limited mission, but in case of docking with any outside port cargo container will be removed and mission will be failed. In case of hyperjump to other system mission will be failed too.
Mission will be rated as successful in case of cargo delivery onto any port in planet of destination. Land and receive payment and congrats!

Features and dependencies:

This package minimum requirement is Oolite 1.82.

Planetary Compass OXZ (author Thargoid) is mandatory to generate missions correctly.
This OXP was developed and tested with my PlanetLand OXP (heavy modified Thargoid’s PlanetFall), but it is compatible with original PlanetFall too.
Planetary Systems OXP (modified Orbits – authors of original OXP Ebi and Kaks) is also used in my game configuration, but you can use Additional Planets SR (authors Redspear, spara, phkb) instead. In any case no planets – no missions :-)

Credits

Thargoid - Planetary Compass.
commander vasig - discussion and testing.
Background image for mission screens taken from BGS (authors P.A.Groove, Phantor Gorth, Thargoid, Svengali and Tricky).
Last edited by stranger on Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.
stranger
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: In-System Cargo Delivery

Post by stranger »

In-System Cargo Delivery 0.4.1

Tweaked by phkb:
Missing "use strict" statement in main script added.
Condition script, preventing purchasing special equipment in regular way, implemented instead TL 99 hack.
Some grammar/spelling issues fixed (not so much and so bad as I was worried) :D
Link refreshed.

Thanks, phkb!
stranger
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by stranger »

In-System Cargo Delivery 0.5.0

Fixed logical flawed code generating too many urgent missions :oops:
Link updated to latest version.
stranger
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by stranger »

Commanders,

Testing already uploaded OXZ version just discovered some issue with F4 interface. Need more testing to fix it.
Sorry :oops:

UPD

Done. Latest version 0.6.0
Milo
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Milo »

Would you be willing to support Kiota stations as mission targets also? In the thread about Astrobe's OXP that relocates WildShips OXP's Kiota stations close to the sun and prevents them spawning as main stations, I suggested offering short-duration in-system delivery missions to Kiota stations as an added incentive to visit them, after which, being close to the sun already, it would not take much more time to go sun skimming before leaving the system. When combined with Fuel Tweaks OXP, which makes sun skimming produce a trade commodity (Quirium Fuel), that would be even more attractive. Your OXP seems a perfect fit for that scenario, except Kiota stations are not planets.

Edited to add: Just to clarify, by "short-duration" I don't mean a time limit on the mission, but that the mission won't be offered for very long before it expires if you don't take it. Suggesting that if you didn't take it, someone else did.
stranger
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by stranger »

@Milo

Agreed, it seems reasonable to expand target list in this OXP. Now I have limited time for coding and I have high priority tasks to complete, so I'll return to this OXP later. Need to refresh understanding how it works :D
Thank you for feedback!