Compass target mode autoswitch

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Astrobe
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Compass target mode autoswitch

Post by Astrobe »

This little OXP automatically switches your Advanced Space Compass (ASC) to target mode when a ship is locked and you are in red alert.

Depending on its size and its location, the ASC can be more useful than the HUD indicator, in particular when the target is off screen.

Available in the manager, category mechanics. Requires 1.86.
Rustem
Deadly
Deadly

Re: Compass target mode autoswitch

Post by Rustem »

Astrobe wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:08 pm
This little OXP automatically switches your Advanced Space Compass (ASC) to target mode when a ship is locked and you are in red alert.
Hi, Astrobe!

A some idea: can released in the target mode ASC a function not switched to new target. But loaded targets(ship names) in the memory, in order to use this targets for scanners: Warrant scanner and Manifest scanner?

It is need for no interrupt scanning quickly and finish its fully.
Astrobe
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Astrobe »

I don't understand the request very well but... Would the ability to disable the feature manually (e.g. make it an equipment with an on/off switch) satisfy it?
Rustem
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Rustem »

Yes, likely, my suggestion to the improvement of the Warrant scanner and Manifest scanner.

I think, may be for improvement of the scanning, better attempted to other steps:

1. Developed the ASC with memory about near targets, which will loaded to ASC in red alert state. Then player can manual switched target and stopped a quickly switching of targeting system.

2. Upgraded a functionality of the scanners for read and fix on the current target from ASC memory in order to avoid switching of the targeting system to other target.

This is attempt an understand of optimal solution and suggestions for improvement of scanners.
Astrobe
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Astrobe »

Sorry, I still don't really understand. However, I'll try the target memory extension, the warrant scanner and the manifest scanner to figure out how to improve things.
phkb
Impressively Grand Sub-Admiral
Impressively Grand Sub-Admiral
Location: Writing more OXPs, because the world needs more OXPs.

Post by phkb »

Rustem has passed on some suggestions to me about how to improve the Warrant scanner (which I'm testing ATM), and he's also contributed some suggestions/fixes to the manifest scanner. I think that's what Rustem might have been referring to. Not that the Warrant scanner or manifest scanner have anything in them that would be useful for you in this case.
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?