[Release] Ebortsa's lucky charm

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Astrobe
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

[Release] Ebortsa's lucky charm

Post by Astrobe »

The lucky charm removes randomly the witchfuel injectors of the NPCs when they are spawn. The rate goes quickly down as the player scores kills. It also has a high damage probability, so it also protects your valuable equipment.

Jamesons who follow the good advice about getting fuel injectors as soon as possible will benefit the most from its protection.
Astrobe
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [Release] Ebortsa's lucky charm

Post by Astrobe »

The first version was removing the witchfuel injectors of all NPCs as long as you stayed absolutely harmless (0 kills).

I realized it was much too strong when I was forced to jump into an anarchy system with my Adder because of a parcel contract and it was no big deal as long as I had fuel.

So version 1.2 removes only half of it, less if you score kills.

Relying on the fact the user doesn't know what the lucky charm exactly does was a bad idea. However, I left the uninformative description as-is in order to keep the "magic" feeling.
UK_Eliter
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Essex (mainly industrial and occasionally anarchic)

Post by UK_Eliter »

I imagine this will be a boon to those starting out in the Ooniverse, if they are prepared to make things a bit easier for themselves. Nice work!
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

Would there be any chance of someone modifying this one to add the charm visibly hanging from one's viewscreen? Or sitting on the HUD?

I'm sure someone could modify the picture of dear old Ebortsa on the wiki page! http://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/Eborts ... ucky_charm

... although to my mind he looks more like a "bobble with a head" than a "bobblehead".

cbr wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 5:32 pm
My average skillset adheres mostly to what you see ... but I think ...in variants...
cbr? Is this more your sort of thing?
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
andrax_iON
Competent
Competent

Post by andrax_iON »

Cholmondely wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 8:10 am
... although to my mind he looks more like a "bobble with a head" than a "bobblehead".
"On Tionisla, Ebortsa is worshipped as the goddess of nomads."

Has Ebortsa been to Ceoned for 'the operation'..?

Or are Tionislans just kinda weird like that?

*grin*
POEE CHAPLIN of the Diocese of Intemperate and Blasphemous Potentates (DIBP)
Hail Eris =><= All Hail, Discordia
I tell you: one must still have chaos in one, to give birth to a dancing star..