Equipment “Sell Item” Color

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

phkb
Impressively Grand Sub-Admiral
Location: Writing more OXPs, because the world needs more OXPs.

Equipment “Sell Item” Color

Post by phkb »

A small OXP for v1.85/86, which changes the color all the “Sell” or "Remove"-type equipment items on the F3 Ship Outfitting screen to red to make it clear that the particular item will remove something, rather than add something.

Available in the download manager. [EliteWiki] Wiki
Last edited by phkb on Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Re: Equipment 'Sell Item' Color

Post by Cholmondely »

phkb wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:54 am
A small OXP for v1.85/86, which changes the color all the "Remove"-type equipment items on the F3 Ship Outfitting screen to red to make it clear that the particular item will remove something, rather than add something.

Available in the download manager. [EliteWiki] Wiki
1) as a player, I load up on lots of equipment.oxp's (...not the ships or the weapons). I enjoy the variety and the different uses. I do find this little oxp invaluable for making sense of the F3 ship outfitting pages. Thank you!

2) Can I just ask, if I may, what is involved in changing the name of a published OXP? ie: Equipment Remove Item -> Equipment 'Sell Item'?

In short, how would you recommend others go about it, and what must they not forget to do?
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
phkb
Location: Writing more OXPs, because the world needs more OXPs.

Re: Equipment Remove Item Color

Post by phkb »

Cholmondely wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:22 am
what is involved in changing the name of a published OXP? ie: Equipment Remove Item -> Equipment 'Sell Item'?
I changed the “title” element of the manifest. But I left the “identifier” the same, so that it will continue to be identified as the same OXP and thus will upgrade successfully.