Suppressing depreciation warnings in the log

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

UK_Eliter
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Essex (mainly industrial and occasionally anarchic)

Suppressing depreciation warnings in the log

Post by UK_Eliter »

Hi all

I'm not managing to suppress loads of depreciation warnings, of the following types, in my log.

I'd like to suppress the warnings so as to make it easier to test my OXPs.

Code: Select all

22:14:27.261 [oxp-standards.error]: OXP ../AddOns/anarchies_facelift_0.5.oxp has no manifest.plist
22:14:27.264 [oxp-standards.error]: OXP ../AddOns/BehemothSpacewar 1.3.oxp has no manifest.plist
22:14:27.265 [oxp-standards.error]: OXP ../AddOns/BountyScannerv2.0.oxp has no manifest.plist
22:14:27.266 [oxp-standards.error]: OXP ../AddOns/BountyStatus 1.00.oxp has no manifest.plist
22:14:27.267 [oxp-standards.error]: OXP ../AddOns/Breakable_TorusDrive_1.1_2012.05.05.oxp has no manifest.plist

22:14:31.347 [oxp-standards.deprecated]: Old style sub-entity declarations are deprecated in leviathan-pirate
22:14:31.347 [oxp-standards.deprecated]: Old style sub-entity declarations are deprecated in leviathan-pirate

22:14:38.242 [oxp-standards.deprecated]: Script C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Thargoid.TCAT.oxz/Scripts/TCAT_ecmJammer.js does not "use strict";
22:14:38.244 [oxp-standards.deprecated]: The conditions key is deprecated for equipment Energy Unit Upgrade
I've put a copy of logcontrol.plist in my AddOns folder and changed a few settings but the warnings still appear. Might someone advise me (1) whether I've put the file in the right folder - its (on Windows) 'C:\Oolite\AddOns', yes?, (2) what options to set in the file. Thanks.

PS: I tried moving the log control file into the 'managed' AddOns folder, but that didn't help.
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Re: Suppressing depreciation warnings in the log

Post by Cody »

I have "enforce-oxp-standards" = 0; in my .GNUstepDefaults file - is that what you seek?
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
UK_Eliter
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by UK_Eliter »

Cody, that was what I sought. Thank you. My log is now much more readable.

Silly me, trying to use a file called 'logcontrol' in order to control my log!
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander »

logcontrol.plist works as well, but you need to edit directly the file in Resources/Config. Adding the lines

Code: Select all

oxp-standards.error = no;
oxp-standards.deprecated = no;
will do the job as well.
UK_Eliter
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by UK_Eliter »

Right. Thanks, another_commander.