Darkside Moonshine Distillery (WIP)

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Stormrider
Deadly
Deadly

Darkside Moonshine Distillery (WIP)

Post by Stormrider »

The Darkside Moonshine Distilleries are only found in a few systems in each chart, often clustered in poor agricultural regions. They offer a highly desired commodity that is only available at DMD stations, Witchfire Whiskey. The price for Witchfire grows with the distance from production centers making cross chart runs very profitable. Smaller Darkside Moonshine Saloons appear in random systems around the chart. Although Witchfire is unavailable for purchase from the Saloons, they offer an alternative docking facility for those who may wish to avoid the patrol.

Image Image

Available in the expansion manager or at:
https://app.box.com/s/dt22xgd5ndr03yohzxnmi3zvhubazpe1

This oxp is mostly just an experiment to explore the possibilities of the new trade goods system and I wanted to add something unique to some of the regions defined in the vector maps as well. There is more I would like to do such as adding transport missions between distilleries and saloons, but I haven't got much time for coding right now.
Many thanks to phkb for help with the trade-good code.
TheOldGamer
Competent
Competent

Re: Darkside Moonshine Distillery (WIP)

Post by TheOldGamer »

Trying it out now - I'm keeping my eye out for distilleries; I'll let you know how it goes! :)
Stormrider
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Stormrider »

TheOldGamer wrote:
Trying it out now - I'm keeping my eye out for distilleries; I'll let you know how it goes!
Great, let me know if you have trouble finding any, I may need to give the player some clues.
TheOldGamer
Competent
Competent

Post by TheOldGamer »

I was thinking perhaps something like meeting a random-encounter 'shady character' when you arrive at a station: "Psst...hey buddy...wanna hot tip? There's a guy in (system) that's got something folks 'round here'll pay lots for..." or something. Perhaps he might ask money for the tip? Just a thought.

At the moment, you mentioned cross-chart trading, so I'm looking around the edges of the map. I just finished The Collector...again...so I'm starting around the South-East.

EDIT Just found a Saloon...beautiful model and my Yasen appreciates the large docking port. :) Another thought: perhaps bribing the barkeep might lead to some clues as to the location of a distillery?
TheOldGamer
Competent
Competent

Post by TheOldGamer »

OK - found a distillery. Almost anticlimactic; only 5t available. No probs, I'll just do some milk-run trading and see if it builds up its stock. :)
Stormrider
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Stormrider »

TheOldGamer wrote:
only 5t available
The Distilleries are clustered so you will find more in systems near the first one. The [wiki]Darkside Moonshine Distillery[/wiki] page has a few more clues to the location.
TheOldGamer wrote:
perhaps bribing the barkeep might lead to some clues as to the location of a distillery
I have been thinking mostly about ship comms to deliver info, maybe even from the station after launching. I do have a bar interface I've been working on though.
TheOldGamer
Competent
Competent

Post by TheOldGamer »

Stormrider wrote:
TheOldGamer wrote:
only 5t available
The Distilleries are clustered so you will find more in systems near the first one. The [wiki]Darkside Moonshine Distillery[/wiki] page has a few more clues to the location.
TheOldGamer wrote:
perhaps bribing the barkeep might lead to some clues as to the location of a distillery
I have been thinking mostly about ship comms to deliver info, maybe even from the station after launching. I do have a bar interface I've been working on though.
Yeah; I offered that thought before I'd found the first distillery - I've since found they're not that difficult to track down - and of course once you find one, you know where it is. ;) I currently have 45t of Witchfire tucked away in the corners of my cargo bay, heading in a generally Westward direction. Let's see what kind of profit I can make.
Overall, I'm quite enjoying the addition; it adds quite a bit of spice to my trading and if you intend to add more functionality, so much the better. :)
phkb
Impressively Grand Sub-Admiral
Impressively Grand Sub-Admiral
Location: Writing more OXPs, because the world needs more OXPs.

Post by phkb »

The distillery in Gal sector 7 is in an unreachable part of the sector unless you've crossed the "Great Rift". That means that the code in "dmd_trade.js" that checks the length of the route will fail because "way" will be null:

Code: Select all

var sysInfo = System.infoForSystem(galaxyNumber,sys);
	var way = system.info.routeToSystem(sysInfo);
	this.$priceMultiple = way.route.length * 0.025;
I'd suggest something like this:

Code: Select all

var sysInfo = System.infoForSystem(galaxyNumber,sys);
	var way = system.info.routeToSystem(sysInfo);
	if (way) {
		this.$priceMultiple = way.route.length * 0.025;
	} else {
		this.$priceMultiple = 99 * 0.025; // if the system is unreachable, then prices will be really high
	}
Stormrider
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Stormrider »

phkb wrote:
The distillery in Gal sector 7 is in an unreachable part of the sector unless you've crossed the "Great Rift". That means that the code in "dmd_trade.js" that checks the length of the route will fail because "way" will be null:
Ok thanks for the report and the fix. I have uploaded a new version to the manager.