Assassins PlanetInfo problem

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Paladin Tux
Competent
Competent

Assassins PlanetInfo problem

Post by Paladin Tux »

Hey guys. sorry for bothering you again. :D

Yesterday, I jump to gal seven and began the assassins missions. I checked the f7 screen and everything was all right. Then I reloaded Oolite, and the f7 screens were back to their normal states. After some painful ameature debugging, I found that you had to reload the whole op and the parts in the save file for it to work. Their were no clashes with other oxps, (I tested) and nothing in the logs. You literally had to erase the whole assassins part from your save file for it to work anyone have ny idea what is going on?
Now with 100% less Wonderworm!
cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Re: Assassins PlanetInfo problem

Post by cim »

Paladin Tux wrote:
Hey guys. sorry for bothering you again. :D

Yesterday, I jump to gal seven and began the assassins missions. I checked the f7 screen and everything was all right. Then I reloaded Oolite, and the f7 screens were back to their normal states. After some painful ameature debugging, I found that you had to reload the whole op and the parts in the save file for it to work. Their were no clashes with other oxps, (I tested) and nothing in the logs. You literally had to erase the whole assassins part from your save file for it to work anyone have ny idea what is going on?
Probably the changes to the way planetinfo is handled in 1.82 so that scripted changes don't persist if the OXP is removed - there is some compatibility code for the legacy (pre-Javascript) scripting Assassins uses, but not much. If anyone wants to try a fix, the easy fix is probably to always apply the scripted planetinfo changes on startup; the better fix is to replace that bit of the code with JS instead (indeed, replacing the entire OXP scripting with JS would probably be advisable long term, though a big project...)
Paladin Tux
Competent
Competent

Post by Paladin Tux »

Any way a normal end user like me can do that?
cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by cim »

Paladin Tux wrote:
Any way a normal end user like me can do that?
No, probably not. From what I remember the planetinfo changes aren't essential to the OXP, though.
Paladin Tux
Competent
Competent

Post by Paladin Tux »

True. The only major effect is the outfits at the main station, but the other station usually has at least tech 14 at them. :D