[RELEASE] - Navigation Flashers 1.0 (2015-12-20)

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Fritz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

[RELEASE] - Navigation Flashers 1.0 (2015-12-20)

Post by Fritz »

I've made a little tweak (I hesitate to call it an OXP) that adds flashers to the docking navigation buoys, after I had noticed that some of them are very difficult to see if ambient lighting has been set to a low value (I currently use 0.2). I hope they will also keep NPCs from crashing into the buoys, but I have my doubts...

The current version is available in the OXZ manager and also on the Wiki page.
"You wouldn't kill me just for a few credits, would you?" – "No, I'll do it just for the fun!"
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Re: [RELEASE] - Navigation Flashers 1.0 (2015-12-20)

Post by Smivs »

The ever-popular Better Buoys already has flashers on both the Witchpoint and Navigation buoys. Have you checked for compatibility?
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
Fritz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Fritz »

I didn't know of this OXP, although I was wondering that I didn't find any OXP for what I did because it was so easy. But I think I had only looked for "navigation" or "flashers"...

Anyway, it's probably not very useful to install both OXPs. But they don't break anything if both are installed. Better Buoys simply replaces "my" red flashers with yellow ones, so my OXP is completely overruled in this case. I'll mention Better Buoys on the wiki page.
"You wouldn't kill me just for a few credits, would you?" – "No, I'll do it just for the fun!"
Amah
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: aboard the Laenina Crowne - Yasen-N class space freighter

Post by Amah »

ZygoUgo has also a flashing nav buoy.
Amah
Fritz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Fritz »

Hm. The search engines of the forum and the wiki aren't the best. I had the flashers in my "personal setting" for a long time, so it was no real work, but I wonder if it has happened already that somebody made a real, complex OXP that somebody else had done already...

Perhaps I'll try to make an extension that pseudo-randomly places either the standard, my, or Smiv's bouys (and ZygoUgo's buoys?) to make the Ooniverse a little more diverse.
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander »

Fritz wrote:
Hm. The search engines of the forum and the wiki aren't the best.
Sorry for the quick derail, just wanted to say that, for searching the forum, I find that the best way is to type in google: site:www.aegidian.org <whatever I am searching for>. Works much much better than thte built-in forum search.
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

Fritz wrote:
Hm. The search engines of the forum and the wiki aren't the best.
If you search for 'Buoy' on the wiki, it sends you to the Buoy page, where most (four) of the OXP buoys are also mentioned - I say most because neither ZygoUgo's or Cheyd's buoys seem to be there.
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.