[RELEASE] The Classic X-ships.

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

[RELEASE] The Classic X-ships.

Post by Smivs »

As part of my Classic Ships OXZ suite this is basically a graphics rework/update of some of Aegidian's (Giles') early OXP ships, The Asp-X, Cobra Mk II-X and the Sidewinder-X. As before I have continued to take inspiration from Giles' work and have made very few changes.

Asp-X:- The Asp-X is unchanged in all respects. There is a player-buyable version.

Cobra Mk II-X:- Renamed as the Cobra2-X this ship has been rebalanced slightly to sit more comfortably with the core ships. The Cobra2-X continues to nominally be a light Interceptor. I have also added a second variety, the Cobra2-C with slightly different spec's to suit it's nominal role as a Courier ship. There is a player-buyable version of the Cobra2_C (which is the blue one, for a friend). Credit - This uses the Paradox rework of Giles' original model.

Sidewinder-X:- Slightly rebalanced for consistancy, and also to add a Hyperspace motor. I viewed this as necessary as I have also added a player version (which is a really nice fly BTW).

Full details are on the wiki page. Click on the (blue) ship names to link to their individual pages for specifications etc.

Although part of the Classic Ships suite, this OXZ is fully self contained so can be used independently. It is available now via the Expansions Manager.
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
Layne
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [RELEASE] The Classic X-ships.

Post by Layne »

SMIVS!

You are an officer and a gentlepumpkin, and I take back every mean thing I never said about you. These are a treat and that blue livery on the C2 looks very very familiar!

:D

(P.S.; I am also delighted to be considered, 'a friend'. Thank you, that's worth more than any ship model.)
Reports of my death have been greatly underestimated.