Expansion Pack Manager Query

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

HenriTheNavigatore
Average
Average

Expansion Pack Manager Query

Post by HenriTheNavigatore »

There are two files in the Ambience Category of the in-game Expansion Pack manager:

File 01) Display reputation 1.2

File 02) Display Reputation 1.3

(note the case specific difference)

I have tried several times to download version 1.3 but always get “Download failed!” message. The suggested remedy does not work.

I notice that both files give their URL as: http://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/Display_reputation_OXP

File 01) gives its Download size as: 7 kB
File 02) gives its Download size as: Unknown

Is something not quite right with things as they currently are?
Desperately seeking any Internet Streaming Radio station that absolutely refuses to play any track that has been anywhere near Auto-Tune™ !!!
Norby
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Budapest, Hungary (Mainly Agricultural Democracy, TL10)

Re: Expansion Pack Manager Query

Post by Norby »

Both do the same, just Display Reputation 1.3 place the reports under a separated "Reputation" title within F5F5 screen but need at least Oolite 1.82 due to this feature is arrived here.

I can install both without problems. Which Oolite version do you use? Maybe you tried to install at night (2-4h GMT) when the wiki was down for daily backup?
Wildeblood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Wildeblood »

HenriTheNavigatore wrote:
There are two files in the Ambience Category of the in-game Expansion Pack manager:

File 01) Display reputation 1.2

File 02) Display Reputation 1.3
I created Display Reputation 1.3 for Oolite 1.82. If you're using Oolite 1.80 it should refuse to download, saying it's not compatible. A download failed message, as Norby says, usually means the wiki server is doing its overnight backup and not responding.
"So anti-globalist, he's practically a flat-earther."
HenriTheNavigatore
Average
Average

Thank you to both Norby and Wildeblood for your replies. I have, and am running Oolite v1.82. Using an Apple iMac(27-inch, Late 2012) Processor: 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7, Memory: 32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2048 MB

I have tried to download Display Reputation 1.3 again, and at different times. Still no luck. but I'll keep trying! :)

Oolite's Latest.log produced this short output (after I cleared it first before another d/l attempt) :

Marker - 17/07/2015 16:21:49
16:22:04.421 [plist.parse.failed]: Failed to parse /Users/jonathanrlewis/Library/Caches/org.aegidian.oolite/Oolite-download.oxz/manifest.plist as a property list.
Unexpected character { at line 1
16:22:04.421 [oxz.manager.error]: Downloaded OXZ does not contain a manifest.plist, has been left in /Users/jonathanrlewis/Library/Caches/org.aegidian.oolite/Oolite-download.oxz

I tracked down the Oolite-download.oxz package in Caches. Info told me I had Read & Write permission, but a right-click on this package, did not have an option to Show Package Contents. I was hoping to look at the manifest.plist file with a view to removing the Unexpected character { at line 1.
Desperately seeking any Internet Streaming Radio station that absolutely refuses to play any track that has been anywhere near Auto-Tune™ !!!
cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by cim »

Removing it probably won't help - having checked it's certainly supposed to be there.

If you download the file directly from
http://wiki.alioth.net/img_auth.php/b/b ... ion1.3.oxz
and put it in your normal AddOns folder, does it then work?
HenriTheNavigatore
Average
Average

Thank you cim for your reply. I downloaded the file directly from alioth.net, and put it (DisplayRepuation1.3.oxz) in my normal AddOns folder. Straight away, there was an in-game error message (in red text) " 'DisplayReputation1.3.oxz" does not have a valid manifest.plist and could not be loaded"

I have 234 expansion packs successfully installed - and can, at least keep on playing Oolite v1.82! :)
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

[plist.parse.failed]: Failed to parse /Users/jonathanrlewis/Library/Caches/org.aegidian.oolite/Oolite-download.oxz/manifest.plist as a property list.
Unexpected character { at line 1
I've seen this before. It can be the result of a missing element further down the plist, often a semi-colon. Macs are much more strict about these things which is probably why it has only now shown up.
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
Wildeblood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Wildeblood »

The unique thing about this manifest.plist is that I left a /* comment */ after the contents, rather than before. I'll remove it and re-upload the OXZ... Okies, try it now please.
"So anti-globalist, he's practically a flat-earther."
HenriTheNavigatore
Average
Average

Well, Wildeblood: that seemed to do the trick! Just the bees-knees, in fact! I got the latest d/l from alioth.net, and placed it in my Oolite AddOns folder, then re-started Oolite v1.82... no red text error on start up, and the Latest.log read out makes for happy reading:

"Opening log for Oolite version 1.82 (x86-64) under Mac OS X Version 10.10.4 (Build 14E46) at 2015-07-17 14:38:58 +0000.
Machine type: iMac13,2, 32768 MiB memory, 4 (8 logical) x x86 (Ivy Bridge) @ 3400 MHz.
Build options: OpenAL, new planets.

Note that the contents of the log file can be adjusted by editing logcontrol.plist."

That's all she wrote! :)

Now, I can merrily blunder and chortle my way around the Ooniverse, imagining myself to be like a Howl's Moving Castle, of sorts, and feel safe in the illusion, that me and only me, can see my Reputation, as I do so!!! ... :D

Many thanks guys, for your time and help in this matter!