[WIP] MillHUD Refit

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Wolfsstar BH
Above Average
Above Average

[WIP] MillHUD Refit

Post by Wolfsstar BH »

MillHUD Refit

Date: 21 February 2015
Author Wolfsstar BH

This is my first time of trying to do an OXP.

Description

(or the sales person's / alien's "blurb")
This HUD is from a decommissioned Navy Vessel, this HUD works differently from a standard HUD as it is an ex-military HUD, the scanner has five alert condition colours
White : Docked
Green : open space / Police / Navy present (if commander is not a Fugitive).
Yellow : Traders or other non combatants.
Orange : Pirates detected (if commander is not a Fugitive).
Red : Danger (Targeted / Low Altitude / being cooked / other bad things)
The MilHUD Refit standard equipment:
As this is an ex-Military HUD it comes with a Pirate / Police visual alert system not active if the commander is a "Fugitive", this could be useful to the "new" Commander as in when the scanner go's orange "run like hell !".
The MilHUD Refit has a Mass lock indicator.(Red = Mass-Locked , Green = Not-Locked)
The contrast centre patch comes as standard and is therefore free and ten multi-function displays, it is up to the Commander if they want to use them!!!
The MilHUD Refit comes with a variable brightness high-contrast centre patch adjustable with the contrast settings (primable equipment) go to the F3 screen (equipment), comprising of three patch sizes and five contrast settings and can be remove after being set.
The MilHUD Refit is an adaptive hud as to what equipment the Commander has purchased.(scanner colours may change depending on equipment purchased)
The MilHUD Refit non standard equipment:
Example:
Advanced Space Compass
Example
The MilHUD Refit will detect the use of Police IFF Scanner Upgrade OXP, and if the Commander has purchased the upgraded scanner, will change to a special police scanner colour that de-emphasises police vessels and maximizes visibility of civilian vessels on the scanner.

Disclaimer : fitting and use at Commander's discretion and risk!

How to use

Please remember to registrar using Hudselector at the Main station or in flight, and select MillHUD Refit or you will have the default HUD!
HUD Selected. ( done for compatibility for people that want to use different HUDs)
MillHUD Refit Contrast settings (primable equipment) go to the F3 screen (equipment) and get “Sight Contrast Settings” (No cost).
Use in flight using the primable equipment keys.
When set, the settings option can be removed by docking then go to the F3 screen and get “Remove Sight Contrast Settings” (No cost).

History

This is MilHUD Refit is my modified version of Wildeblood's MilHUD 4000 that was a modified version of Cmdr Wyvern's .Milspec HUD
At Wildeblood's suggestion “they are both available as starting points for anyone else who wants to make MilHUD NEXT or whatever.
This is the result!
The main look of it has not changed much however the inner workings has changed!!!
A quick run-down:
The sniper sight has been removed the reason a lot of expansions do the same thing so no need for it.
The sight contrast has been updated / improved ???
The main addition is that multi-function displays (MFD) have been added (10 MFD windows).
The scanner colours have changed in the way that they work.

Download MilHUD Refit here https://app.box.com/s/gh73cyt7plfokga56nlm9dhl2rj31kwu
Updated 08/03/2015

Screen grab.
Last edited by Wolfsstar BH on Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [WIP] MillHUD Refit

Post by Diziet Sma »

Welcome to the Dark Side! 8)

Cookies are on the plate in the corner.

(of course, a download link would be helpful.. :wink: )
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
Wolfsstar BH
Above Average
Above Average

Post by Wolfsstar BH »

Hi Diziet Sma

Sorry but no download as of now, as it is in a very unfinished state!
Work In Progress as stated (a lot of bugs to be fixed!)

I put this up to see if there would be any interest, and to show that the look of the MillHUD Refit has not changed much from the original concept of Cmdr Wyvern's .Milspec HUD and Wildeblood's MilHUD 4000.

At this time 22/02/2015 playable with a few hiccups and a crash occasionally!

When it is a bit more finished would you be interested in giving it a test run?
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

Wolfsstar BH wrote:
Hi Diziet Sma

Sorry but no download as of now, as it is in a very unfinished state!
Work In Progress as stated (a lot of bugs to be fixed!)
Fair enough..
Wolfsstar BH wrote:
When it is a bit more finished would you be interested in giving it a test run?
I'd like to say yes, but can't make any promises.. I don't get to play much of late, too many other demands on my time.
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
Wolfsstar BH
Above Average
Above Average

Post by Wolfsstar BH »

Thinking about adding a cracked screen :twisted:

This is it at it's worst!!!
Any comments :?:
Please keep them clean.
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

hehe, that looks like some sort of giant mutant space virus - the sort of thing the crew of the Enterprise had to deal with from time to time :)
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
Wolfsstar BH
Above Average
Above Average

Post by Wolfsstar BH »

Yes well just a test :oops:
Smivs wrote:
hehe, that looks like some sort of giant mutant space virus - the sort of thing the crew of the Enterprise had to deal with from time to time :)
but has the idea any merit, is it worth pursuing or not.
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

Sorry if I sounded flippant.
TBH I'm not sure about cracked glass. If done well it could be quite effective but personally that sort of thing doesn't appeal to me. Others will probably love it though, so why not?
Wolfsstar BH
Above Average
Above Average

Post by Wolfsstar BH »

Flippant, I did not take it that way at all.
Perhaps set it up to use as an option :?:
OFF by default, ON to make it interesting.
I must admit trying to dock is hard, and thanks for the feedback.
comments are good flippant or not
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

Perhaps have the screen crack very rarely if the ship has taken a lot of damage - it needs fixing when you dock.
Wolfsstar BH
Above Average
Above Average

Post by Wolfsstar BH »

Yes I was thinking along those lines with a twist, the more equipment fitted the more chance of something breaking.
So the new commander would have little or no chance of having a cracked screen.
An Elite commander on the other hand may well end up with a cracked screen in the midst of battle!
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

Wolfsstar BH wrote:
Yes I was thinking along those lines with a twist, the more equipment fitted the more chance of something breaking.
An Elite commander on the other hand may well end up with a cracked screen in the midst of battle!
Well, yes, the more equipment fitted, the more the chance of something breaking.. but on the other hand, the more equipment is fitted, the chance that it just happens to be the screen that gets damaged is actually reduced. :wink:
Wildeblood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Wildeblood »

Diziet Sma wrote:
Wolfsstar BH wrote:
Well, yes, the more equipment fitted, the more the chance of something breaking.. but on the other hand, the more equipment is fitted, the chance that it just happens to be the screen that gets damaged is actually reduced. :wink:
You're making unwarranted assumptions about implementation details there. Just putting a random function to award EQ_BROKEN_GLASS inside an equipmentDamaged function - without checking what equipment - has the opposite effect.
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

Wildeblood wrote:
Diziet Sma wrote:
Wolfsstar BH wrote:
You're making unwarranted assumptions about implementation details there. Just putting a random function to award EQ_BROKEN_GLASS inside an equipmentDamaged function - without checking what equipment - has the opposite effect.
Fair enough, that wasn't clear from the description in the post, though.. and I generally don't take the time to go digging in everyone's code..
Wolfsstar BH
Above Average
Above Average

Post by Wolfsstar BH »

Hi everyone

I have come to a decision that I may at some date in the future make the "cracked screen" as a separate extension.
Doing it this way the cracked screen would be available to any HUD.

Other news:
MillHUD Refit download now available. https://app.box.com/s/gh73cyt7plfokga56nlm9dhl2rj31kwu

Anybody out there UP to giving it a test :!:

I think that I have got rid of the bugs :wink: (I probably missed the odd one :oops: )
If no major bugs or things wrong, then I shall release it in oxz format and take it out of WIP.

Tell me what you think of "MillHUD Refit" :?: