Docked HUDs OXP

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Wildeblood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Docked HUDs OXP

Post by Wildeblood »

As I described a fortnight ago, here is my Docked HUDs OXP for anyone who might be interested.

http://wiki.alioth.net/img_auth.php/7/7 ... Ds_1.1.oxz

These are scripted HUDs only for use when docked, so you need to use them judiciously:
- If you don't have any HUD OXP and only use Oolite's default HUD, they'll just work without further ado.
- If you have a completely unscripted HUD, using a customized hud.plist file, they'll just work.
- If you have a HUD file with a name other than hud.plist then it must use a script, so you'll need to do some editing...

The relevant variable is worldScripts.Docked_HUDs.$flightHUD = "hud.plist" and there are two plausible ways to proceed: if you want Docked HUDs OXP to do the switching (when you launch your ship and need the in-flight HUD), set the name of your HUD file:-

Code: Select all

worldScripts.Docked_HUDs.$flightHUD = "MyReallyFancyHUD.plist"
-alternatively, if you want your script to do the switching, set it empty or null:-

Code: Select all

worldScripts.Docked_HUDs.$flightHUD = ""
(That is not reversible after the first launch, because the shipWillLaunchFromStation handler gets deleted if $flightHUD is empty.)

If you don't understand those instructions, I'm notoriously grouchy and that fellow over there looks eager to help.
Last edited by Wildeblood on Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Re: Docked HUDs OXP

Post by Smivs »

Wildeblood wrote:
If you don't understand those instructions, I'm notoriously grouchy and that fellow over there looks eager to help.
:lol:
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
Wildeblood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Wildeblood »

Smivs wrote:
:lol:
Just to clarify, I consider the above instructions to be a heads-up and fair warning to the makers of HUD OXZs. I will, in due course*, add Docked HUDs to the OXZ manager and then the complaints will start to come in.

* "In due course" being a coy way of saying, "Why isn't the comm log showing up!?" :shock:

Addendum: new in version 1.1, I added eight (8) MFDs, so it doesn't switch off your MFDs and make you have to reset them after each launch, which version 1.0 was doing.
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

Can anybody explain - in English - what this OXP is supposed to do?

And is it still relevant for Oolite v.1.90?
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
Reval
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: At home in the Xexedi Cluster, driving an FE Asp II, Laenina's Flux.

Post by Reval »

I used to have Docked HUD installed, but find I no longer need it with GETTER HUD, whose colour scheme is far less obtrusive than the standard one.

Essentially, Docked HUD suppresses most of the HUD's elements while docked.
Dor 'call me Grocer' Reval (a Xexedian Laver) was always considered a little backward.
commander_STyx2909
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by commander_STyx2909 »

And it is 1.90 compatible. I use it.
Asus K61ic, 4Gb RAM, Nvidia GT220M (1Gb VRAM), OpenGL renderer version: 3.3.0 ("3.3.0 NVIDIA 340.108").
Ubuntu 20.06. :mrgreen:
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

Comments wanted:
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist

Post by Cholmondely »

Warning: this OXP may interfere with other OXPs which remember your MFD choices!
Comments wanted: