Galactic Sat Nav

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

wyn_sleeman
Average
Average

Galactic Sat Nav

Post by wyn_sleeman »

I have finally taken the plunge and written my first tiny OXP, and along with it this - my first post on "the friendliest board this side of Riedquat"

I have written a Sat Nav oxp.

Choose a destination in the Galactic Chart
Prime the Sat Nav - this sets the destination

Then whenever you enter the local chart, it will tell you (via a console message) which system to go to next for the Shortest and/or Quickest route to the destination.

I would like to get it to automatically set the targetsystem for the next step of the journey, but I think I can only do that while docked, I really want to do it immediately after exiting witchspace.

I have dressed it up as a "Software update for the Navigational Array" - so you need to own that first.

Please help yourselves - All criticisms / advice gratefully received.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a6dwjsffba9nr ... v.oxz?dl=0
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Re: Galactic Sat Nav

Post by Cody »

Welcome aboard, amigo - good first post!
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
Norby
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Budapest, Hungary (Mainly Agricultural Democracy, TL10)

Post by Norby »

Welcome here wyn_sleeman!

Nice first work. your code is very clean.

For some automatism you can set the target system in shipDockedWithStation event handler, especially if none is set.

In manifest.plist please insert the url of this topic into information_url until you have not a wiki page. You can left out the file_size line completely, enough if you give it in the oxz admin page (ask a login from cim).
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

Hi, and welcome to the Board.
Nice OXP idea - it sounds really useful :)
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
wyn_sleeman
Average
Average

Post by wyn_sleeman »

Thanks Norby

I have removed the filesize and put the topic URL in.

I will have a think about putting the shipDockedWithStation handler in.

If / when I (we) are happy that it is behaving I will see about putting it up on the wiki etc.
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

Cody wrote:
Welcome aboard, amigo - good first post!
Seconded (or is that fourthed?) on both points.. nice idea for an OXP.
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
UK_Eliter
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Essex (mainly industrial and occasionally anarchic)

Post by UK_Eliter »

Thirded / fifthed!
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

wyn_sleeman wrote:
...I will see about putting it up on the wiki etc.
You will need a wiki account to do this yourself. Send a PM to Maik, and he can sort it out for you.
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
Wildeblood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Wildeblood »

Have you checked whether this part works properly when missionVariables.tws_satnav_finalDestination == 0 ?

Code: Select all

this.startUp = function()
{
	if(missionVariables.tws_satnav_finalDestination)
	{
		this._finalDestination = missionVariables.tws_satnav_finalDestination;
	}
	else
	{
		this._finalDestination = -1;
	}
}
wyn_sleeman
Average
Average

Post by wyn_sleeman »

Good Catch Wildeblood

Looking to see what happens when missionVariables.tws_satnav_finalDestination == 0

Can I test if the missionVariables.tws_satnav_finalDestination exists ?

if I try

if(missionVariables.tws_satnav_finalDestination == null)

or

if(missionVariables.tws_satnav_finalDestination === null)

it doesn't compile.

If not I guess I will either store a boolean to tell me whether or not to load the system ID
Or fudge it and store -2 when I really mean 0
Norby
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Norby »

wyn_sleeman wrote:
it doesn't compile.
It should work, many OXP use this way. Please give the error message what you got.
wyn_sleeman wrote:
I will either store a boolean to tell me whether or not to load the system ID
Booleans must be stored in numeric form (0 or 1) else the "false" string will be stored in missionVariables and if you do a boolean check on the loaded variable then return true.

Alternatively you can store ID+1.
wyn_sleeman
Average
Average

Post by wyn_sleeman »

I don't see an error, but if I add that line then when I shift-run the app doesn't start.
Rem the line out and it is fine.

OK - I have found it - my stupidity I'm afraid
these two work :-

if(missionVariables.tws_satnav_finalDestination === null) log("hi","null");

{
log("hi","null");
}

but this one doesn't:-

log("hi","null");

Is that a javascript thing? Or an Oolite javascript thing?

Anyway I am happy again now, and can fix the issue
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander »

Can you please Shift-start crash it and post the resulting log?
wyn_sleeman
Average
Average

Post by wyn_sleeman »

When my script.js contains

"use strict";
{
		log("hi","null");

{
	}
}
Logfile:-

Opening log for Oolite version 1.80 (x86-64) under Windows 6.2.9200  64-bit at 2014-10-29 14:27:46 +0000.
8 processors detected.
Build options: OpenAL, new planets.

Note that the contents of the log file can be adjusted by editing logcontrol.plist.

14:27:46.512 [dataCache.rebuild.explicitFlush]: Cache explicitly flushed with shift key. Rebuilding from scratch.
14:27:46.597 [display.mode.list.native]: Windows native resolution detected: 1366 x 768
14:27:46.670 [joystick.init]: Number of joysticks detected: 0
14:27:46.670 [rendering.opengl.version]: OpenGL renderer version: 4.0.0 ("4.0.0 - Build 10.18.10.3316"). Vendor: "Intel". Renderer: "Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000".
14:27:46.670 [rendering.opengl.extensions]: OpenGL extensions (159):
GL_ARB_framebuffer_sRGB, GL_ARB_transform_feedback_instanced, GL_ARB_depth_texture, GL_ARB_texture_env_add, GL_ARB_internalformat_query2, GL_ARB_draw_instanced, GL_ARB_half_float_vertex, GL_EXT_texture3D, GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array, GL_ARB_gpu_shader_fp64, GL_EXT_texture_shared_exponent, GL_ARB_framebuffer_object, GL_EXT_separate_specular_color, GL_EXT_shadow_funcs, GL_ARB_gpu_shader5, GL_EXT_rescale_normal, GL_ARB_texture_rgb10_a2ui, GL_ARB_transpose_matrix, GL_ARB_texture_cube_map_array, GL_ARB_texture_compression_rgtc, GL_ARB_multisample, GL_ARB_half_float_pixel, GL_EXT_stencil_two_side, GL_ARB_texture_border_clamp, GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two, GL_ATI_separate_stencil, GL_ARB_shading_language_packing, GL_EXT_bgra, GL_ARB_sync, GL_ARB_compatibility, GL_ARB_sampler_objects, GL_SUN_multi_draw_arrays, GL_EXT_clip_volume_hint, GL_ARB_map_buffer_range, GL_ARB_vertex_shader, GL_ARB_shader_objects, GL_NV_texgen_reflection, GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays, GL_ARB_vertex_program, GL_ARB_get_program_binary, GL_ARB_base_instance, GL_INTEL_performance_queries, GL_ARB_texture_float, GL_ARB_draw_buffers_blend, GL_ARB_texture_compression_bptc, GL_ARB_fragment_coord_conventions, GL_EXT_stencil_wrap, GL_EXT_texture_swizzle, GL_ARB_shader_precision, GL_ARB_uniform_buffer_object, GL_NV_primitive_restart, GL_EXT_framebuffer_blit, GL_ARB_vertex_array_bgra, GL_ARB_texture_gather, GL_ARB_texture_compression, GL_KHR_debug, GL_ARB_vertex_array_object, GL_EXT_blend_color, GL_ARB_texture_query_lod, GL_EXT_blend_minmax, GL_EXT_texture_integer, GL_ARB_texture_swizzle, GL_EXT_gpu_shader4, GL_ARB_sample_shading, GL_ARB_shader_bit_encoding, GL_EXT_transform_feedback, GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc, GL_ARB_tessellation_shader, GL_ARB_occlusion_query2, GL_ARB_debug_output, GL_ARB_timer_query, GL_ARB_depth_clamp, GL_ARB_point_sprite, GL_EXT_abgr, GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object, GL_NV_blend_square, GL_ARB_instanced_arrays, GL_EXT_framebuffer_multisample, GL_NV_conditional_render, GL_ARB_multitexture, GL_ARB_seamless_cube_map, GL_ARB_copy_buffer, GL_EXT_texture_storage, GL_ARB_draw_elements_base_vertex, GL_ARB_geometry_shader4, GL_ARB_transform_feedback2, GL_ARB_multi_draw_indirect, GL_ARB_transform_feedback3, GL_ARB_viewport_array, GL_ARB_shadow, GL_EXT_blend_subtract, GL_ARB_fragment_program_shadow, GL_ARB_internalformat_query, GL_ARB_texture_storage, GL_ARB_window_pos, GL_ARB_texture_multisample, GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias, GL_IBM_texture_mirrored_repeat, GL_EXT_texture_snorm, GL_ARB_texture_env_crossbar, GL_ARB_point_parameters, GL_ARB_depth_buffer_float, GL_EXT_texture_sRGB_decode, GL_ARB_shading_language_420pack, GL_ARB_vertex_type_2_10_10_10_rev, GL_ARB_robustness, GL_ARB_texture_rg, GL_EXT_texture_edge_clamp, GL_EXT_texture_sRGB, GL_ARB_texture_env_combine, GL_WIN_swap_hint, GL_ARB_fragment_program, GL_ARB_explicit_attrib_location, GL_EXT_packed_float, GL_ARB_texture_buffer_object_rgb32, GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic, GL_EXT_draw_range_elements, GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object, GL_ARB_shader_subroutine, GL_ARB_draw_indirect, GL_EXT_packed_depth_stencil, GL_ARB_texture_rectangle, GL_ARB_separate_shader_objects, GL_EXT_geometry_shader4, GL_EXT_fog_coord, GL_ARB_ES2_compatibility, GL_SGIS_texture_lod, GL_ARB_texture_buffer_range, GL_3DFX_texture_compression_FXT1, GL_EXT_gpu_program_parameters, GL_ARB_fragment_shader, GL_ARB_shader_atomic_counters, GL_ARB_shading_language_100, GL_EXT_secondary_color, GL_ARB_draw_buffers, GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap, GL_EXT_draw_buffers2, GL_EXT_texture_rectangle, GL_ARB_program_interface_query, GL_ARB_blend_func_extended, GL_ARB_arrays_of_arrays, GL_EXT_blend_func_separate, GL_ARB_texture_cube_map, GL_EXT_texture_array, GL_ARB_occlusion_query, GL_INTEL_map_texture, GL_ARB_compressed_texture_pixel_storage, GL_ARB_vertex_attrib_64bit, GL_EXT_framebuffer_object, GL_EXT_packed_pixels, GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3, GL_ARB_map_buffer_alignment, GL_ARB_provoking_vertex, GL_EXT_blend_equation_separate, GL_ARB_color_buffer_float, GL_EXT_texture_env_add, GL_EXT_texture_env_combine, GL_SGIS_texture_edge_clamp, GL_ARB_conservative_depth
14:27:46.722 [rendering.opengl.shader.support]: Shaders are supported.
14:27:46.736 [dataCache.rebuild.explicitFlush]: Cache explicitly flushed with shift key. Rebuilding from scratch.
14:27:46.736 [searchPaths.dumpAll]: Unrestricted mode - resource paths:
    Resources
    C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns
    ../AddOns
    C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Norby.Towbar.oxz
    C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Svengali.BGS.oxz
    C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Thargoid.CargoShepherd.oxz
    C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Wildeblood.ai_trading.oxz
    C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Wildeblood.AI_Trading_Legality.oxz
    C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Wildeblood.ai_trading_purchase_book.oxz
    ../AddOns/Cabal_Common_Library_1.7.1.oxz
    ../AddOns/tws_satnav.oxp
14:27:46.960 [shipData.load.begin]: Loading ship data.
If script includes

"use strict";
{
	{
		log("hi","null");
	}

{
	}
}
Then the log is:-

Opening log for Oolite version 1.80 (x86-64) under Windows 6.2.9200  64-bit at 2014-10-29 14:31:30 +0000.
8 processors detected.
Build options: OpenAL, new planets.

Note that the contents of the log file can be adjusted by editing logcontrol.plist.

14:31:30.624 [dataCache.rebuild.explicitFlush]: Cache explicitly flushed with shift key. Rebuilding from scratch.
14:31:30.710 [display.mode.list.native]: Windows native resolution detected: 1366 x 768
14:31:30.781 [joystick.init]: Number of joysticks detected: 0
14:31:30.781 [rendering.opengl.version]: OpenGL renderer version: 4.0.0 ("4.0.0 - Build 10.18.10.3316"). Vendor: "Intel". Renderer: "Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000".
14:31:30.781 [rendering.opengl.extensions]: OpenGL extensions (159):
GL_ARB_framebuffer_sRGB, GL_ARB_transform_feedback_instanced, GL_ARB_depth_texture, GL_ARB_texture_env_add, GL_ARB_internalformat_query2, GL_ARB_draw_instanced, GL_ARB_half_float_vertex, GL_EXT_texture3D, GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array, GL_ARB_gpu_shader_fp64, GL_EXT_texture_shared_exponent, GL_ARB_framebuffer_object, GL_EXT_separate_specular_color, GL_EXT_shadow_funcs, GL_ARB_gpu_shader5, GL_EXT_rescale_normal, GL_ARB_texture_rgb10_a2ui, GL_ARB_transpose_matrix, GL_ARB_texture_cube_map_array, GL_ARB_texture_compression_rgtc, GL_ARB_multisample, GL_ARB_half_float_pixel, GL_EXT_stencil_two_side, GL_ARB_texture_border_clamp, GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two, GL_ATI_separate_stencil, GL_ARB_shading_language_packing, GL_EXT_bgra, GL_ARB_sync, GL_ARB_compatibility, GL_ARB_sampler_objects, GL_SUN_multi_draw_arrays, GL_EXT_clip_volume_hint, GL_ARB_map_buffer_range, GL_ARB_vertex_shader, GL_ARB_shader_objects, GL_NV_texgen_reflection, GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays, GL_ARB_vertex_program, GL_ARB_get_program_binary, GL_ARB_base_instance, GL_INTEL_performance_queries, GL_ARB_texture_float, GL_ARB_draw_buffers_blend, GL_ARB_texture_compression_bptc, GL_ARB_fragment_coord_conventions, GL_EXT_stencil_wrap, GL_EXT_texture_swizzle, GL_ARB_shader_precision, GL_ARB_uniform_buffer_object, GL_NV_primitive_restart, GL_EXT_framebuffer_blit, GL_ARB_vertex_array_bgra, GL_ARB_texture_gather, GL_ARB_texture_compression, GL_KHR_debug, GL_ARB_vertex_array_object, GL_EXT_blend_color, GL_ARB_texture_query_lod, GL_EXT_blend_minmax, GL_EXT_texture_integer, GL_ARB_texture_swizzle, GL_EXT_gpu_shader4, GL_ARB_sample_shading, GL_ARB_shader_bit_encoding, GL_EXT_transform_feedback, GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc, GL_ARB_tessellation_shader, GL_ARB_occlusion_query2, GL_ARB_debug_output, GL_ARB_timer_query, GL_ARB_depth_clamp, GL_ARB_point_sprite, GL_EXT_abgr, GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object, GL_NV_blend_square, GL_ARB_instanced_arrays, GL_EXT_framebuffer_multisample, GL_NV_conditional_render, GL_ARB_multitexture, GL_ARB_seamless_cube_map, GL_ARB_copy_buffer, GL_EXT_texture_storage, GL_ARB_draw_elements_base_vertex, GL_ARB_geometry_shader4, GL_ARB_transform_feedback2, GL_ARB_multi_draw_indirect, GL_ARB_transform_feedback3, GL_ARB_viewport_array, GL_ARB_shadow, GL_EXT_blend_subtract, GL_ARB_fragment_program_shadow, GL_ARB_internalformat_query, GL_ARB_texture_storage, GL_ARB_window_pos, GL_ARB_texture_multisample, GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias, GL_IBM_texture_mirrored_repeat, GL_EXT_texture_snorm, GL_ARB_texture_env_crossbar, GL_ARB_point_parameters, GL_ARB_depth_buffer_float, GL_EXT_texture_sRGB_decode, GL_ARB_shading_language_420pack, GL_ARB_vertex_type_2_10_10_10_rev, GL_ARB_robustness, GL_ARB_texture_rg, GL_EXT_texture_edge_clamp, GL_EXT_texture_sRGB, GL_ARB_texture_env_combine, GL_WIN_swap_hint, GL_ARB_fragment_program, GL_ARB_explicit_attrib_location, GL_EXT_packed_float, GL_ARB_texture_buffer_object_rgb32, GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic, GL_EXT_draw_range_elements, GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object, GL_ARB_shader_subroutine, GL_ARB_draw_indirect, GL_EXT_packed_depth_stencil, GL_ARB_texture_rectangle, GL_ARB_separate_shader_objects, GL_EXT_geometry_shader4, GL_EXT_fog_coord, GL_ARB_ES2_compatibility, GL_SGIS_texture_lod, GL_ARB_texture_buffer_range, GL_3DFX_texture_compression_FXT1, GL_EXT_gpu_program_parameters, GL_ARB_fragment_shader, GL_ARB_shader_atomic_counters, GL_ARB_shading_language_100, GL_EXT_secondary_color, GL_ARB_draw_buffers, GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap, GL_EXT_draw_buffers2, GL_EXT_texture_rectangle, GL_ARB_program_interface_query, GL_ARB_blend_func_extended, GL_ARB_arrays_of_arrays, GL_EXT_blend_func_separate, GL_ARB_texture_cube_map, GL_EXT_texture_array, GL_ARB_occlusion_query, GL_INTEL_map_texture, GL_ARB_compressed_texture_pixel_storage, GL_ARB_vertex_attrib_64bit, GL_EXT_framebuffer_object, GL_EXT_packed_pixels, GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3, GL_ARB_map_buffer_alignment, GL_ARB_provoking_vertex, GL_EXT_blend_equation_separate, GL_ARB_color_buffer_float, GL_EXT_texture_env_add, GL_EXT_texture_env_combine, GL_SGIS_texture_edge_clamp, GL_ARB_conservative_depth
14:31:30.832 [rendering.opengl.shader.support]: Shaders are supported.
14:31:30.844 [dataCache.rebuild.explicitFlush]: Cache explicitly flushed with shift key. Rebuilding from scratch.
14:31:30.845 [searchPaths.dumpAll]: Unrestricted mode - resource paths:
    Resources
    C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns
    ../AddOns
    C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Norby.Towbar.oxz
    C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Svengali.BGS.oxz
    C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Thargoid.CargoShepherd.oxz
    C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Wildeblood.ai_trading.oxz
    C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Wildeblood.AI_Trading_Legality.oxz
    C:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Wildeblood.ai_trading_purchase_book.oxz
    ../AddOns/Cabal_Common_Library_1.7.1.oxz
    ../AddOns/tws_satnav.oxp
14:31:31.069 [shipData.load.begin]: Loading ship data.
14:31:32.110 [startup.complete]: ========== Loading complete in 1.45 seconds. ==========
14:31:34.122 [exit.context]: Exiting: Exit Game selected on start screen.
14:31:34.126 [gameController.exitApp]: .GNUstepDefaults synchronized.

Closing log at 2014-10-29 14:31:34 +0000.
Norby
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Norby »

wyn_sleeman wrote:
log("hi","null");

Is that a javascript thing? Or an Oolite javascript thing?
No, adding a simple line break into a good place should not cause anything. I tested your whole script and working well at me in Linux 32bit. Please do another checks in a rebooted windows to make sure the crash is persistent and really caused by just this change.