Event Horizon

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

V12
Dangerous
Dangerous

Event Horizon

Post by V12 »

For bad feeling this little and simple OXP randomly adds the mysterious ship Event Horizon to the system nearly main station. Download from

Code: Select all

http://ulozto.sk/xNgdhjnR/eventhorizon-oxp-zip

Mission makers - You can use this OXP for any purpose :mrgreen:
Tricky
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Event Horizon

Post by Tricky »

:shock:
Redspear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Redspear »

Tricky wrote:
:shock:
Absolutely...

That's an in-game shot, right?
I ask because it looks absolutely stunning.

Great job V12 :D
V12
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by V12 »

Yes, in-game screenshot. Model is from the free software Celestia - http://www.celestiamotherlode.net/catal ... l.php#1700. My little work is only conversion from 3DS format to the oolite .DAT, shipdata.plist and modified pagroove's script for spawn SuperHub. I like to see this ship in the little mission :
- Galaxy news - Unknowh ship appeared in the interstellar space in the Great Rift (G7) between Esarxeve and Xeonar, after some hours disappeared, when ship appeared, all other vessels in radius 20 km has been destroyed by gravitational anomaly
- player accept mission from RSS or someone other to find EH's flight recorder and deliver it to the Maraus, can't leave G7
- there are some curious Thargoids near Event Horizon, player must defeat them before recover recorder
- for successful recovery operation player need come very close to the EH and stay here 1 minute
- on the way to the Maraus, player will be continuously attacked by Thargoids and pirates
- after successful delivery player will be rewarded 10000 Cr and EH stop randomly spawn near planets.

But I don't know how make this mission. Mission builders - It is on You !
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

V12 wrote: Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:02 pm
For bad feeling this little and simple OXP randomly adds the mysterious ship Event Horizon to the system nearly main station. Download from

Code: Select all

http://ulozto.sk/xNgdhjnR/eventhorizon-oxp-zip

Mission makers - You can use this OXP for any purpose :mrgreen:
Link seems broken.

Does anybody have this?
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?