Release: D.T.T Kraken 1.0

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Paradox
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Release: D.T.T Kraken 1.0

Post by Paradox »

Hello all... I am still alive! :D New crap job is Kicking. My. Butt. However, since I am too tired and sore to move when I am home, I have been modeling again. I present for your enjoyment, amusement, and edification... The D.T.T. Kraken!

Length 145m
Width 39.4m
Height 22.5m

energy_recharge_rate = 3.2;
max_cargo = 140;
max_energy = 455;
max_flight_pitch = 1.0;
max_flight_roll = 2.0;
max_flight_yaw = 1.0;
max_flight_speed = 260;
max_missiles = 6;
thrust = 38;

Price 185,000
Tech lvl 7 and up.

Sorry, no story to go with this one right now. I simply don't have the energy to think one up. :cry: :( :oops:

OXP is available here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/m1euq ... .0.oxp.zip

The OXZ version will be available whenever Dizzy feels like putting it up. };]

I have 3 more ships modeled, hopefully will get around to getting those out as well.
Last edited by Paradox on Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Redspear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Release: D.T.T Kraken 1.0

Post by Redspear »

Love the colouring on this one Paradox.
Kraken is a cool name and that's a super-cool logo/icon 8)
Good job :D

...By which I don't mean your actual job, which doesn't sound so great right now :|
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

Very nice :)
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

OXZ now available.. wiki entry to follow shortly.
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
Paradox
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Paradox »

Diziet Sma wrote:
OXZ now available.. wiki entry to follow shortly.
Thanks Diz!
Paradox
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Paradox »

Redspear wrote:
Love the colouring on this one Paradox.
Kraken is a cool name and that's a super-cool logo/icon 8)
Good job :D

...By which I don't mean your actual job, which doesn't sound so great right now :|
Thanks Redspear!
The body shape reminded me of a squid, and somehow, my demented brain made the leap to kraken. }:] Then found an image on the net, traced and simplified it to work.
Paradox
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Paradox »

Smivs wrote:
Very nice :)
Thank you sir!
tonyhippy
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by tonyhippy »

Will we have to pay the iron price for it??
mossfoot
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by mossfoot »

Release the Kraken!
--
Pilot: Mossfoot - Ship ID: Viaticus Rex (Cobra MKII)

http://www.noahchinnbooks.com/
Paradox
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Paradox »

tonyhippy wrote:
Will we have to pay the iron price for it??
}:] G.o.T. reference? I had to google it! I haven't watched TV in many years, but I did read the books loooong ago! However, no. It can be bought. };]
Paradox
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Paradox »

mossfoot wrote:
Release the Kraken!
I did originally envision it as a warship, which would have been a bit more appropriate I guess. But as usual, these things take on a life of their own, and it ended up being a cargo hauler. I blame it on the exhaustion induced apathy. };]
demon59
Above Average
Above Average

Post by demon59 »

I did originally envision it as a warship, which would have been a bit more appropriate I guess. But as usual, these things take on a life of their own, and it ended up being a cargo hauler. I blame it on the exhaustion induced apathy. };]

Perhaps a "Q-ship" version, when you're feeling more energetic. The price seems a bit low for a ship with these specs, though. Not that I'm complaining, mind you! :)
Paradox
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Paradox »

demon59 wrote:
...Perhaps a "Q-ship" version, when you're feeling more energetic. The price seems a bit low for a ship with these specs, though. Not that I'm complaining, mind you! :)
"Q-ship"? Not sure what that means...
I was looking at the Boa specs (I think) when I was coming up with numbers. I gave most of them a little bump up since I envision my ships as being a little more "modern". I bumped the price a bit as well, but perhaps not enough...? It will be a long time (if ever) that I would go back to work on it again. I have over 100 prototype ships sitting on my hard drive right now, at least 5 are even textured, but I just hate doing all the plist work...};] Some of them will never be released as they require two forward lasers, and it doesn't look like we will ever get that option in Oolite... Others are small one or two man type fighter craft that are just too small to be put in the game.
Bottom line, I know better than to think I will "get around" to re-working a ship. Even when I am not exhausted, my attention span is too short. };]
demon59
Above Average
Above Average

Post by demon59 »

Q-ships are specially built or modified vessels meant for anti-piracy patrol. Outward appearance of a freighter, but armed to the teeth. Sucker them in and blow them out of space! :twisted:

Perhaps replace the mid-ship "bubbles" with ball turrets? (If working turrets on player ships are still implemented in the current release. I recall seeing them mentioned in some older posts.)

My comment on price might simply be my own inexperience. I was thinking that Cobra 3's sold for around 150k credits, and that the considerably larger cargo space, extra missiles, and fairly respectable speed for a "hauler" would warrant a bit more than a 35k credit increase. Of course, if I'm misremembering the price of the Cobra 3...

Still a very nice looking ship. And at the current price, an excellent point of entry into more serious "trading" than possible with the Cobra 3.
Paradox
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Paradox »

demon59 wrote:

Q-ships are specially built or modified vessels meant for anti-piracy patrol. Outward appearance of a freighter, but armed to the teeth. Sucker them in and blow them out of space! :twisted:

Perhaps replace the mid-ship "bubbles" with ball turrets? (If working turrets on player ships are still implemented in the current release. I recall seeing them mentioned in some older posts.)

My comment on price might simply be my own inexperience. I was thinking that Cobra 3's sold for around 150k credits, and that the considerably larger cargo space, extra missiles, and fairly respectable speed for a "hauler" would warrant a bit more than a 35k credit increase. Of course, if I'm misremembering the price of the Cobra 3...

Still a very nice looking ship. And at the current price, an excellent point of entry into more serious "trading" than possible with the Cobra 3.
Ahh! Ok, like a "sleeper" I had a 1974 (?) AMC Gremlin with a high performance 302ci V-8. It was toooo much fun!

But back to the spaceship... Ball turrets require that one delve into the dark and morbid world of quaternions... I. Don't. Do. Quaternions! I killed over 73000 brain cells last time I tried, and swore "never again!" I need the three remaining cells in order to get the fork to my mouth without putting out my other eye... }.]

As for price... you're most likely right but... apathy. };] I do hereby give you full permission to edit the shipyard.plist, and change it to whatever you feel is fair! :D

I am glad you like the ship! I still favor the Snake Charmer myself, but this one was a good one too. Next (probably) will be a big brother to the Tomahawk that I am calling War Lance (unless I don't...) };]