Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

OXP/OXZ building scripts

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

OXP/OXZ building scripts

Post by cim »

I've mentioned these a few times on the board before - a small set of build scripts to make it easier to package and test OXPs/OXZs. Features include:
  • No need to shift-restart during development, so you can get quicker from-cache startup the rest of the time.
  • Update the version in one place, have it propagate everywhere else. This is less useful now that the version in manifest.plist can automatically fill in the version in JS files, but it's still useful.
  • Provides a common JS script header.
  • Automatically builds well-packaged OXPs and OXZs.
  • Automatic (once configured) running of the OXP verifier on every build
Download from Github

They should work unmodified on Linux, but will probably need a little work on Windows/Mac.
Last edited by cim on Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: OXP/OXZ building scripts

Post by Diziet Sma »

Nice! Grabbing! 8)
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Re: OXP/OXZ building scripts

Post by cim »

A quick update on these scripts - I use them to run the OXP verifier on every build (and have recently got sufficiently frustrated with the things it doesn't pick up in 1.80 to make it a bit more useful in 1.81). I've updated the git repo with some hints and documentation on how to get that working for your OXPs.