[Release] Equipment Aide 1.3

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

[Release] Equipment Aide 1.3

Post by spara »

Following the discussion here I have created this simple oxp.
Buying equipment costs credits and time. Too bad you don't know how long the service is going to take. This oxp overlays the purchase screen with a list of equipment prices and estimated times to give you clue of the time cost.
With BGS:

With Better Screens

Without BGS:

Oxz can be downloaded from the expansion pack manager.
Last edited by spara on Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [Release] Equipment Aide 1.1

Post by Diziet Sma »

Excellent! Many thanks!
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [Release] Equipment Aide 1.3

Post by spara »

New version 1.3.

Could not help Neelix much here, but in the process the look became brighter, bigger and more readable. If you fancy a grey version, there is an alternative png inside the oxz.
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
phkb
Impressively Grand Sub-Admiral
Location: Writing more OXPs, because the world needs more OXPs.

Post by phkb »

It’s probably worth noting that core game changes since the OXP was released have made the usefulness of this OXP limited. The F3 Ship Outfitting screen now displays the precise time estimates for each item, so there is no need for a generalised cost/timing summary. It’s really only of benefit to players who need to run an earlier build of Oolite, prior to the core code change (1.82 I believe)
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

phkb wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 2:51 am
It’s probably worth noting that core game changes since the OXP was released have made the usefulness of this OXP limited. The F3 Ship Outfitting screen now displays the precise time estimates for each item, so there is no need for a generalised cost/timing summary. It’s really only of benefit to players who need to run an earlier build of Oolite, prior to the core code change (1.82 I believe)
You wouldn't want to include that as the maximum Oolite version allowed?
Comments wanted:
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
phkb

Post by phkb »

That would be one way to handle it, sure. Although it’s max would be 1.80 - the change arrived in 1.82.
Whoever added the OXP to the manager would be best suited to pushing the change through, which I assume is spara.
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist

Post by Cholmondely »

phkb wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 6:34 am
That would be one way to handle it, sure. Although it’s max would be 1.80 - the change arrived in 1.82.
Whoever added the OXP to the manager would be best suited to pushing the change through, which I assume is spara.
How may people have the "over-ride" to get in there and tweak (other than the OXP's author)? Just Maik & Winston?

Thanks for the clarification. Now included in the wiki.
Last edited by Cholmondely on Sun May 30, 2021 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Comments wanted:
phkb

Post by phkb »

Well, in this case, I have that ability.
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist

Post by Cholmondely »

phkb wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 6:43 am
Well, in this case, I have that ability.
I am very, very, very pleased to hear that!

Might I bring the following to your attention:
Cholmondely wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 7:04 pm
I say!

I do rather think that the misleading entry in the Expansions Manager might need changing in the light of this!

It currently reads:

HUDs Data - Ship Name Wildeblood 2014-10-21 Download Data - Ship Name 1.0
Do not download this. This is a component for use by HUD expansion packs, it is NOT a stand-alone expansion pack; it will be downloaded automatically by HUDs which need it.

Oh, by the way, New Wiki page: http://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/Data_-_Ship_Name
One of the more surprising fruits of the Hiranicallistically-induced frenzy of wiki page creation!
Comments wanted:
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

I changed the maximum version to be 1.80. Or should I just take the OXP down from the manager?
hiran
Theorethicist
Location: a parallel world I created for myself. Some call it a singularity...

Post by hiran »

spara wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 6:32 pm
I changed the maximum version to be 1.80. Or should I just take the OXP down from the manager?
Putting that max version should actually serve exactly this situation. Only if we know that noone is running a pre 1.82 installation it would make sense to completely take this OXP down.

Do we have any metrics which versions are out there?
Sunshine - Moonlight - Good Times - Oolite
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist

Post by Cholmondely »

I run 1.77 & 1.90. If I ever feel that my combat skills are up to it, I plan to run 1.80.

This computer is too new to cope with it, but at some stage I would love to run 1.65.

The older missions presumably work fine on the older versions - The Assassins Guild, Galactic Navy etc. I very much want to try them out if I can get my skill-set up to snuff.

And ... I've seen at least one post in the past two months from someone needing an older version for - was it - Raspberry Pi?
Comments wanted: