[Release] Andromeda OXP v1.5

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Norby
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Budapest, Hungary (Mainly Agricultural Democracy, TL10)

[Release] Andromeda OXP v1.5

Post by Norby »

Andromeda - the main spaceship in Gene Roddenberry's Andromeda TV series.
Last edited by Norby on Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:09 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Re: [WIP] Andromeda OXP v1.0

Post by Cody »

Ooh... shiny!
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Re: [WIP] Andromeda OXP v1.0

Post by Smivs »

Wow, that looks a bit nice :)
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
Norby
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [WIP] Andromeda OXP v1.1

Post by Norby »

Andromeda v1.1 is even nicer due to the added normal map and tweaks. Now it is a real next step after an Anaconda, and there are options to upgrade it to a powerful battleship with some addons listed in the recommended section in the wiki.

If you think this is an ubership then try it and you will instantly realize the difficulty of a station-sized ship: every shot will always hit you even from the edge of your scanner. I think this ship is still not too powerful against a pirate group, and can provide a different gameplay than the usual ships.
And beware of the bad boys in this ship. ;)
cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by cim »

Norby wrote:
If you think this is an ubership then try it and you will instantly realize the difficulty of a station-sized ship
...it won't fit through the doors when you go to sell your cargo?
Norby
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Norby »

cim wrote:
it won't fit through the doors when you go to sell your cargo?
:) Of course there is a solution: Andromeda has a dock inside for independent transporter ships (like Eureka Maru):
Image Image

When I press Shift+C in the game and the clock is skipping 20 minutes then I imagine I sit into the transporter meantime, leave the mothership and dock into the station with my cargo in the large (detachable) bay over the ship.
Neelix
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Neelix »

Here's an interesting - though probably completely impractical thought... Could you make such a large ship dockable, then equip it with a transport that could be launched as prime-able equipment?
You'd park in the Aegis, Launch the transport, at which point you would take control of it, Dock with the station normally, do your business, launch the transport and dock with the main ship again.

- Neelix
Talaxian Enterprises: [wiki]Vacuum Pump[/wiki] [wiki]Waypoint Here[/wiki]
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

No need. It is now possible to change the player ship via script, so if you have say an Adder as a shuttle, you can dock it in your capital ship and the capital ship then becomes your main ship. When you launch again you are back in the Adder. I don't think anybody has done it yet.
The other approach is to have a shuttle module which can attach to the capital ship and then becomes the command module of the capital ship until you detach again. This has been done (by myself and CommandeMcLane). The small red thing on top with the little wings is the detachable shuttle module. However despite a promising start, the project is on hold due to something changing which has badly affected the attachment procedure. Annoying really as we have a killer OXP about 95% ready for release... :(
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
Neelix
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Neelix »

Wow... that's pretty cool! :-) I hope you get it working at some point.

If I was going to use a standard ship for the shuttle I would probably use a Cobby III. Otherwise trading with the main station could become something of a chore. It occurs to me that you would also need a way easily move cargo between the shuttle and the capital ship.

- Neelix
Talaxian Enterprises: [wiki]Vacuum Pump[/wiki] [wiki]Waypoint Here[/wiki]
Norby
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Norby »

I think both idea is interesting and can live together. I played anno with a command module in I-War where the nose was a flyable mini ship. I hope this will be done here also.

Neelix's idea is also good, can give a new immersion due to the capacity of transport is smaller so you must select from your cargo what you want to sell at one time.

Technically the ship replace is working in a dock only so need a dock-undock sequence when you want to sit into the transport. This can happen when you prime an equipment, possible to stay within the mothership after the first animation and use the market srceen to transfer the cargo into the transport what you want to sell in the nearby station (the cost of commodities is set to zero in this market). Then you can undock with the transport and go to the station.

Sometimes you must do another rounds to sell all of your cargo, so probably you will buy a transport with larger capacity than a Cobra when you can afford it. You should park your mothership near the station to get the best GalCop service - you do not want to risk the loss of your big ship due to a pirate raid when you are away.

So maybe I will make this scene once but I do not know when.
Norby
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [WIP] Andromeda OXP v1.2

Post by Norby »

[wiki]Andromeda[/wiki] v1.2 has 50ly fuel in a built-in reserve system.
spud42
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spud42 »

Norby wrote:
[wiki]Andromeda[/wiki] v1.2 has 50ly fuel in a built-in reserve system.
awesome.. i often wondered why the fuel tank was limited to 7Ly of fuel... i mean i understand that its a property of the Ooniverse that a max witch space jump is 7 Ly with the current technology. i just wondered if it was a dangerous thing to have more than 7Ly of fuel in one tank? lol could it spontaneously combust ?

and yes i have just added the extra fuel tanks oxp...... just cant afford to buy them yet..lol
Arthur: OK. Leave this to me. I'm British. I know how to queue.
OR i could go with
Arthur Dent: I always said there was something fundamentally wrong with the universe.
or simply
Cody

Post by Cody »

spud42 wrote:
i often wondered why the fuel tank was limited to 7Ly of fuel...
Only the jump is limited to 7ly, not the fuel tank - the core Viper Interceptor carries 16ly of fuel.
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
spud42
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spud42 »

interesting... i have only flown my cobra mkIII so far . im half way through a delivery contract across the top of chart 1..... got 25k so far ... half way to 3 Ly of reserve!!!
Arthur: OK. Leave this to me. I'm British. I know how to queue.
OR i could go with
Arthur Dent: I always said there was something fundamentally wrong with the universe.
or simply
Disembodied
Jedi Spam Assassin
Jedi Spam Assassin

Post by Disembodied »

It does affect game balance, though, not least because it allows you to scoot around all over the place on injectors. With only 7LY in the tank, you really have to think carefully before you make a 6.8LY jump to that Anarchy system ...