Jameson Faces [WIP]

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Zireael
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Jameson Faces [WIP]

Post by Zireael »

So yeah, this is a proof-of-concept for the idea being tossed around in Norby's Hud Requests thread.

It requires BGS to work. And you need to manually move the files for the set you want to use to /Images folder of the OXP.

There are two female portraits and three males - all taken from dertien's samples posted on the forums.
I'm waiting for the complete pack from dertien.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s9yrz88ac7pr9 ... es_0.1.zip

Is there a way to make CCL overlays show up when docked? These would save me the problem of getting the hand-made overlays (sample included) to show up... - currently all necessary backgrounds are hand-edited, that's 4 backgrounds x 5 sets.

Also, thinking of some sort of in-game choice screen... maybe via mission screens...

Ideas? Thoughts?
Ranthe
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Paraparaumu, New Zealand (TL 8, Rich Agricultural, Multi-Government)

Re: Jameson Faces [WIP]

Post by Ranthe »

Looks good!
Unfortunately I'm not knowledgeable enough to know whether overlays could be done over the main background images - the only short-term thing I can think of is including (or providing a link to) a Photoshop or GIMP file that has the backgrounds and the sample faces to enable people to "roll their own" face backgrounds...

Speaking of which, here's a couple of image packs I've knocked together using GIMP and some cropped web images for those Jamesons out there not of the Homo sapiens persuasion. These fall firmly into the "felinoid" category (using Star Trek "Caitians"):
* Alien female
* Alien male
Commander Ranthe: Flying the Anaconda-class transport Atomic Annie through Galaxy 2.
Combat Ranking: Dangerous
"Big ships take more booty on your interstellar flights..."
Pleb
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Pleb »

See I always assume that I'm playing as myself - can I just use my own photo? :mrgreen:

On a serious note though, I'm not 100% sure you use images as overlays (yet), but I may be mistaken...
Desktop PC: CPU: Intel i7-4790K Quad Core 4.4GHz (Turbo-Charged) GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080Ti RAM: 32GB DDR3

Laptop PC: CPU: Intel i5-10300H Quad Core 4.5GHz (Turbo-Charged) GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 RAM: 32GB DDR4
Zireael
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Zireael »

Thanks for the felinoid pictures, I will try to wrap them up when I get other stuff out of the way.

And of course you can use your own photo, Pleb, if you edit it in.
Ranthe
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Paraparaumu, New Zealand (TL 8, Rich Agricultural, Multi-Government)

Post by Ranthe »

This OXP seems to have stopped working for me after moving from Windows to Linux v1.80... all I see is the standard BGS screens. Is this something to do with the default OXP load order differing between Windows and Linux?
Commander Ranthe: Flying the Anaconda-class transport Atomic Annie through Galaxy 2.
Combat Ranking: Dangerous
"Big ships take more booty on your interstellar flights..."
Norby
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Budapest, Hungary (Mainly Agricultural Democracy, TL10)

Post by Norby »

Ranthe wrote:
This OXP seems to have stopped working for me after moving from Windows to Linux v1.80... all I see is the standard BGS screens. Is this something to do with the default OXP load order differing between Windows and Linux?
If you use BGS within the manager and this in the AddOns then should work (assuming you copied an image set into the Images directory from a subdir). If your BGS is in the AddOns folder then you can overwrite these images within BGS Images.
Svengali
Commander
Commander

Post by Svengali »

Zireael wrote:
Is there a way to make CCL overlays show up when docked? These would save me the problem of getting the hand-made overlays (sample included) to show up... - currently all necessary backgrounds are hand-edited, that's 4 backgrounds x 5 sets.
No. The overlays in CCL are done via model + shader. In Oolite 1.77 view_position was not exposed and you couldn't position the model correctly if shaders are off. In Oolite 1.80 it should be possible to do it on shaderless machines. Some work for Norby me thinks .-)