[RELEASE] D.T.T. Space Zeppelin 1.0

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Paradox
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

[RELEASE] D.T.T. Space Zeppelin 1.0

Post by Paradox »

Up until now, no one knew the fate of the mad genius Dr. Mortimus Sprocket. For years he had told them he was building an aether ship capable of leaving the confines of our own Earths gravity and traveling to other worlds! But did they listen?
No! The fools!
They laughed to see his gigantic zeppelin being made not of aluminium and canvas, but of steel and iron and the secret material Sprocketonium. They snickered at the preposterous Uranium Drive engines, and guffawed at his speculations of life on other planets.
They did not however, laugh when the monstrous bulk of the ship silently and gently lifted from the ground, not a single grin remained when the giant ship, now no more then a speck against the clouds, suddenly disappeared out of sight in a purplish streak of fire across the sky. He was never seen by human eyes again.

However... We here at D.T.T. Shipbuilders did find his wondrous creation! On a tropical beach, on a remote uncharted planet, live a group of natives who now worship the Doctors patent leather left boot as a god. We bought the mostly intact remains of the ship from them for 3 glass beads, a sharp paring knife, two pairs of Levi's jeans (size 32 waist, 34 inseam), and a CD of "Christmas with the Worlds Greatest Elvis Impersonators". We have now faithfuly restored the ship, adapted internal systems to be compatable with modern components, re-plated the "balloon" (it's really just a cargo hold now), Polished the brass plated cabin, and offer it to you, our fine discerning customers!

Let us present to you, the D.T.T. Space Zeppelin!

Length 140m
Width 21.5m
Height 31.6m
energy_recharge_rate = 3.25;
max_cargo = 50;
max_energy = 200;
max_flight_pitch = 0.7;
max_flight_roll = 0.6;
max_flight_yaw = 0.7;
max_flight_speed = 300;
max_missiles = 4;
thrust = 25;
price = 200000;
Tech lvl 4 and up.

DOWNLOAD HERE

To install, just unzip and place the .oxp folder into your AddOns folder.

There is also an Extras folder which includes the original .obj files, as well as the original texture templates so you may re-color to your hearts content!

Released under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 license yada yada yada... I HIGHLY encourage you to change/modify this ship to meet your needs, I only ask that you give me credit for the original mesh/texture. Thanks and enjoy!

Also, if you are one of the many who have helped me with answers, advice, testing, or input, I thank you! Special thanks to Diziet Sma for the wiki work!

Paradox a.k.a CybOrSpasm
Last edited by Paradox on Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [RELEASE] D.T.T. Space Zeppelin 1.0

Post by Diziet Sma »

Paradox wrote:
max_missiles = 3;
Hmm.. the shipyard.plist says 4 missiles.. :wink:
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
Paradox
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Paradox »

Diziet Sma wrote:
Paradox wrote:
max_missiles = 3;
Hmm.. the shipyard.plist says 4 missiles.. :wink:
:oops: Thank you!
Yah-Ta-Hey
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Yah-Ta-Hey »

Truly interesting... can you do a rendition of the superbattlecruiser: USS Chicago from The lensman series by ee smith?
Bartle tester says while I am drinking evil juice, I am: 80% killer/ 80 % achiever/ 33% explorer and 0% socializer.
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

Brilliant! I've always had a thing about airships - great idea :)
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
Paradox
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Paradox »

Smivs wrote:
Brilliant! I've always had a thing about airships - great idea :)
:) Glad you like it, will also release a pirate specific version eventually.
Paradox
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Paradox »

Yah-Ta-Hey wrote:
Truly interesting... can you do a rendition of the superbattlecruiser: USS Chicago from The lensman series by ee smith?
I Googled that to death, but couldn't find any reference images at all. Maybe if I had a good description, I could try "an interpretation" of it...?
Paradox
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Paradox »

Redspear wrote:
Love it! :D

That forward spike has got me thinking Flash Gordon 8)
Thank you!

LOL Now there's a ship that any woman with two "D" batteries would love! };]
Solonar
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Solonar »

Beautiful work. I have collected the entire DDT set published so far.

SolarTech proudly presents the Plasma Turret Regulator Device Apparatus, aka the Turret Toggler
Paradox
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Paradox »

Solonar wrote:
Beautiful work. I have collected the entire DDT set published so far.
Thank you Solonar. Those are the words that keep me posting.
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

Paradox wrote:
Yah-Ta-Hey wrote:
I Googled that to death, but couldn't find any reference images at all. Maybe if I had a good description, I could try "an interpretation" of it...?
From what I can recall, any ball should suffice as a model.. wasn't the USS Chicago a globe-ship?

Edit: Yep.. page 125 of Triplanetary:
Hour after hour the great globe...
And page 51:
as the bug flashed under the overhanging bulk and the driver braked savagely to a stop at one of the dock's entrances, Samms could scarcely keep from flinching. That featureless, grey, smoothly curving wall of alloy steel loomed so incredibly far outwards beyond its visible means of support!
http://bbs.stardestroyer.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=143122

A featureless, grey steel globe. Boring!
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
Paradox
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Paradox »

Diziet Sma wrote:
Paradox wrote:
Yah-Ta-Hey wrote:
From what I can recall, any ball should suffice as a model.. wasn't the USS Chicago a globe-ship?

Edit: Yep.. page 125 of Triplanetary:
Hour after hour the great globe...
And page 51:
as the bug flashed under the overhanging bulk and the driver braked savagely to a stop at one of the dock's entrances, Samms could scarcely keep from flinching. That featureless, grey, smoothly curving wall of alloy steel loomed so incredibly far outwards beyond its visible means of support!
http://bbs.stardestroyer.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=143122

A featureless, grey steel globe. Boring!
Indeed.. Um...Yah-Ta-Hey? Is that what you were envisioning or...? I mean I could make you a ball but...?
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

Maybe Yah-Ta-Hey was thinking about a ship from one of the novel's cover-art.. some of those look considerably more interesting than 'Doc' Smith's own descriptions. (though a globe with 'legs' is just wrong!)

https://www.google.com/search?q=Triplan ... 60&bih=586
Paradox
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Paradox »

Diziet Sma wrote:
Maybe Yah-Ta-Hey was thinking about a ship from one of the novel's cover-art.. some of those look considerably more interesting than 'Doc' Smith's own descriptions. (though a globe with 'legs' is just wrong!)

https://www.google.com/search?q=Triplan ... 60&bih=586
:lol: Unless you're a gypsy reading someones future...};]