[RELEASE] D.T.T Cyclops 1.0

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Paradox
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

[RELEASE] D.T.T Cyclops 1.0

Post by Paradox »

What happens when a drug addled Anaconda meets a bohemian Boa MK2 on shrooms at an intergalactic Jefferson Starship rock concert, and have a psychedelic (or is that psychotic?) mutant love child?
Let's just say that technology (and drugs) have come a long way baby! Meet the D.T.T Cyclops!

Size comparison next to Anaconda:

You have deadlines to meet? We hear you! You have large contracts to deliver? We understand! You have passengers and VIPs to transport? We rock your socks off!
Thanks to E.E.E.E. (Eccentricly Engineered Externalized Engines), we are able to offer you a reduced profile, eye watering speed, and still have tons of room for your cargo and passenger contracts!

Length 170m
Width 80m
Height 29.5m
energy_recharge_rate = 3.2;
max_cargo = 700;
max_energy = 515;
max_flight_pitch = .9;
max_flight_roll = 2.0;
max_flight_yaw = 0.9;
max_flight_speed = 314;
max_missiles = 6;
thrust = 38;
Price 655,000
Tech lvl 11 and up.

Download Here!

To install, just unzip and place the .oxp folder into your AddOns folder.

Released under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 license yada yada yada... I HIGHLY encourage you to change/modify this ship to meet your needs, I only ask that you give me credit for the original mesh/texture. Thanks and enjoy!

Also, if you are one of the many who have helped me with answers, advice, testing, or input, I thank you!

Paradox a.k.a CybOrSpasm
Last edited by Paradox on Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
metatheurgist
Competent
Competent

Re: [RELEASE] D.T.T Cyclops 1.0

Post by metatheurgist »

Personal rant: I wish people would stop making dark ships or ships with ridiculously small profiles. The computer doesn't have to be able to see to hit me but I have to be able to see to hit it. It doesn't need any more advantages. :evil: Otherwise It does look very pretty (what I can see of it anyway :P )
Paradox
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Paradox »

metatheurgist wrote:
Personal rant: I wish people would stop making dark ships or ships with ridiculously small profiles. The computer doesn't have to be able to see to hit me but I have to be able to see to hit it. It doesn't need any more advantages. :evil: Otherwise It does look very pretty (what I can see of it anyway :P )
Umm "ridiculously small profile"?!?! That's an Anaconda it's sitting next to! They are the same length and the Cyclops is actually wider then the 'conda, it's just not dragging a beer belly on the floor like the 'conda, which makes it easier to slide into the docking bay.
Also note the Anaconda had no glowy bits at all. Compared to the 'conda, the Cyclops looks like a freaking christmas tree, especially from the bottom!
I think you may need to adjust your monitor (or maybe I need to adjust mine...) if you are really having trouble seeing this ship... Anyone else with this problem?

P.S. Also included in the zip, are the original .obj and the original texture template so you can make it any color you like... let's see your version...
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

Paradox wrote:
metatheurgist wrote:
Personal rant: I wish people would stop making dark ships or ships with ridiculously small profiles.
Umm "ridiculously small profile"?!?! That's an Anaconda it's sitting next to! They are the same length and the Cyclops is actually wider then the 'conda
Heh.. given the "or" in the above statement, I think that was a generalised remark, not directed at the Cyclops in particular..

And there are a number of Commanders who prefer more colourful, bright ships.. It's a common complaint.

(Metatheurgist, if you go into your Oolite settings and bump up the Screen Gamma a couple of notches, it can make seeing dark ships much easier, without actually making everything else look too bright.)

Very interesting 'conda competition you've come up with, there, btw.. 8)
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
UK_Eliter
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Essex (mainly industrial and occasionally anarchic)

Post by UK_Eliter »

Nice looking ship, and the stats look good too (if perhaps a little uber). Downloading! Thanks!
metatheurgist
Competent
Competent

Post by metatheurgist »

Yep, I was referring to certain other OXP ships, the Cyclops is obviously not small! I always thought I preferred my settings brighter than most people (compared to my friends), but apparently this is not the case. Can someone make a IR vision OXP? I'm sure ships must glow a bit since the only way they can loose heat is to radiate. :wink:
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

metatheurgist wrote:
I always thought I preferred my settings brighter than most people (compared to my friends), but apparently this is not the case.
Brightness and gamma work quite differently.. if you try cranking up the gamma, you may well find you can reduce the brightness, returning to "dark" space again, without reducing the visibility of objects in space.
metatheurgist wrote:
Can someone make a IR vision OXP? I'm sure ships must glow a bit since the only way they can loose heat is to radiate. :wink:
Now THAT is an interesting idea!
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
Zireael
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Zireael »

metatheurgist wrote:
Yep, I was referring to certain other OXP ships, the Cyclops is obviously not small! I always thought I preferred my settings brighter than most people (compared to my friends), but apparently this is not the case. Can someone make a IR vision OXP? I'm sure ships must glow a bit since the only way they can loose heat is to radiate. :wink:
I love the IR OXP idea, too!

Maybe it could be done with some red lightballs like in Norby's Telescope?
Duggan
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Duggan »

I am very happy to see this addition to the D.T.T range of vessels, am I right in thinking that the D.T.T range of ships, up to press contains only The D.T.T Manta and the D.T.T Cyclops ?

I only ask because when I do a search of these forums for D.T.T, I get a message saying something to the effect of D.T.T being too short a search inquiry and thus I yeild no results . :)
Flying Python Class Cruiser, Chapter & Verse IV
Zireael
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Zireael »

Duggan wrote:
I am very happy to see this addition to the D.T.T range of vessels, am I right in thinking that the D.T.T range of ships, up to press contains only The D.T.T Manta and the D.T.T Cyclops ?

I only ask because when I do a search of these forums for D.T.T, I get a message saying something to the effect of D.T.T being too short a search inquiry and thus I yeild no results . :)
There are more, check the wiki. :)
Duggan
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Duggan »

I must be missing something , I have scoured the oxp ship list in the wiki at and http://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/Category:Ships_OXPs specifically at ships beginning with "D" can find no vessel at all with thr prefix of D.T.T
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

Duggan wrote:
I must be missing something , I have scoured the oxp ship list in the wiki at and http://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/Category:Ships_OXPs specifically at ships beginning with "D" can find no vessel at all with thr prefix of D.T.T
You'll find them from the main list. They are not defined to appear in the ships category listing.
Paradox
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Paradox »

UK_Eliter wrote:
Nice looking ship, and the stats look good too (if perhaps a little uber). Downloading! Thanks!
You're welcome! Please feel free to tweak it to fit your needs. :)
Paradox
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Paradox »

Duggan wrote:
I have no clue how to get them to appear there... It is only through the kind work of Diziet Sma that they have a wiki page at all! You can find the rest of my ships by clicking the link in my "signature" or searching this forum for my posts...
Duggan
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Duggan »

Thank you Paradox,

I now have the D.T.T Fleet in my shipyards :)