[Release:] D.T.T Heart of Gold 1.0

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Paradox
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

[Release:] D.T.T Heart of Gold 1.0

Post by Paradox »

Welcome friends! Before I show you our new offering, I would like to ask you:
Are you looking for a ship that's sleek and sexy?
Are you looking for the absolute newest in Artificial Intelligence and Technology?
Do you need a ship that is both appealing to passengers as well as able to handle those big cargo contracts?
Did you remember to pack your towel this morning?
Well friends, gulp down the rest of your Pan Galactic Gargle Blasters, and let me tell you the answer to those questions and many more... It's...
42!
Errr... I mean, that's right friends, it's the new D.T.T Heart of Gold!

She's 150 meters of pure sexy (wadda ya mean she still looks like a shower head?)!
If that old Boa just isn't getting it done for you, or that big butt Anaconda reminds you of your big Aunt Bertha, trying to swim up-stream at the mall during a Christmas sale... Then this may be the ship for you! Here's her stats so you can see if she will fit in your garage! };]

She's 47 meters wide, 32 meters tall, and 150 meters long.
energy_recharge_rate = 3.0;
max_cargo = 450;
max_energy = 475;
max_flight_pitch = .9;
max_flight_roll = 2.2;
max_flight_yaw = 0.9;
max_flight_speed = 190;
max_missiles = 6;
thrust = 25;

She also offers Fore, Aft, Port, and Starboard weapon positions, as well as 6 missile slots!

Quite the "steal" (get it?) at only 1,000,000 cr! Available at your nearest tech level 12 planet or higher! (.2 chance, so she's a rare bird!)
Gotta go, demolition squad will be here any minute now! };]

DOWNLOAD HERE!

P.S. Because H.O.G has such a big "nose", I added a custom "Looking Forward" view as well as a "Scoop" view. There is also an extra folder in the oxp called Extras. Because I know the front "windows" look crap, I have included the original texture template as well as the original .obj in case anyone out there (cough griff? cough) would like to re-texture or bump-map or whatever. I may one day try to redo those windows, but don't hold your breath! Also, if you are running a trunk version, you might want to set the "likely_cargo = 6;" to something more like 120 - 140 or so...
As with all my ships, I HIGHLY encourage you to modify any and all stats/textures/meshes to fit your needs. I only ask credit be given for the originals.
Also, I would like to give a huge thanks to Diziet Sma for all the work he put into setting up the D.T.T wiki page and for testing the H.o.G for me!!! I think that's it for now, any suggestions/constructive criticisms/what-evers let me know!
Paradox
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [Release:] D.T.T Heart of Gold 1.0

Post by Paradox »

Redspear wrote:
Nice 8)

Beutifully modelled... I wonder what it would look loke with lights down the sides...
Thank you Redspear! I left a lot of room for improvement!!};] I think there should also be some blinkies along the bottom, and a nice bump map. However, I have taken it as far as I am willing for now. It is time to pass the torch. };]
UK_Eliter
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Essex (mainly industrial and occasionally anarchic)

Post by UK_Eliter »

Now that this wonderful ship has been added to the game, would anyone like to try my Improbability Drive OXP? Seriously, it exists, if only in the form of an incomplete test version. It doesn't - at least reliably - allow travel (it's not an Infinite Improbability Drive, after all); rather, when activated it makes unpredictable strange things happen.

I'll make it available for download if there's interest.
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

Heck yes.. I've been wondering if anyone would take a stab at that! 8)
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
Duggan
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Duggan »

UK_Eliter wrote:
Now that this wonderful ship has been added to the game, would anyone like to try my Improbability Drive OXP? Seriously, it exists, if only in the form of an incomplete test version. It doesn't - at least reliably - allow travel (it's not an Infinite Improbability Drive, after all); rather, when activated it makes unpredictable strange things happen.

I'll make it available for download if there's interest.
I am intrigued , to say the least :)
Flying Python Class Cruiser, Chapter & Verse IV
UK_Eliter
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by UK_Eliter »

Duggan, Diziet Sma

Thanks!

I'll try to upload a work-in-progress copy - and I'll put the link to the download site here - within the next couple of days.
UK_Eliter
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by UK_Eliter »

Ok, here it is. The download (here) includes a save file - called 'A NJ' - of a ship that has both the Improbability Unit and the tea brewing equipment that you need to activate the unit.

However, you will need (1) to have the Cup of Tea OXP installed (it's that OXP, by Smivs, which grants the necessary tea-brewing ability), and, to use the save file, (2) have the Fer-de-Lance 3G OXP installed (since, as it happens, the ship referenced in the save file is one of those; if you don't use that save file, you'll need to find a TL 13+ station selling the Improbability Unity - and have the Cup of Tea equipment). (I should change the file to use the Heart of Gold ship!)

To activate the Improbability Unity, use the shift-N method. Note that activating the unit depletes two energy banks. Note also that some of the stuff I have planned for the unit, including changing nearby ships into other ships/things, are not presently implemented. Have a look at the code to see both what is possible at the moment and some of what I have planned. At present, mostly the Unit does fairly subtle things . .