[RELEASE] HardShips OXP v0.89

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Norby
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Budapest, Hungary (Mainly Agricultural Democracy, TL10)

[RELEASE] HardShips OXP v0.89

Post by Norby »

See in the wiki: [wiki]HardShips[/wiki].

Many player asks in the course of time: how can get harder enemies? For example in this topic.
This OXP make more challenging NPCs, especially if combined with the [wiki]ShipVersion[/wiki] OXP: a v10 ship can endure about 10 times more than a v1, but the player can survive more also after bought the new equipments.

Features:
* Hard versions of the original playable ships, selectable when start a new game.
* Harder ones in Granite suit for NPC hunters and pirates.
* Additional alloy-based armour on all ships in the ooniverse.
* 17 new defensive equipments, awarded to NPCs by [wiki]ShipVersion[/wiki].
* More in the wiki: [wiki]HardShips[/wiki].

You can use [wiki]Detectors[/wiki] to track the power of the enemies which can be very different from now.

Last edited by Norby on Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:11 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Gouanaco
Competent
Competent

Re: [RELEASE] HardShips OXP v0.8

Post by Gouanaco »

To tell you the truth i really like this oxp... the fact of adding in armor types is just so awesome :)

But alas... these seem to really only work properly without Griffs ship replacements... ( unless im mistaken)
If Griff or someone could create HardShip versions (and models) of all of Griffs ships i would probably most likely use this :).
Commander: Gouanaco
Ship: { Cobra Mark III }
Galaxy: [1]
Legal Status: Clean
Rating: Average (63)
Career: Trader/Bounty Hunter
Cash: 12 956.4@ (credits)
Norby
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Norby »

Gouanaco wrote:
To tell you the truth i really like this oxp... the fact of adding in armor types is just so awesome :)
Thank you. :)
Gouanaco wrote:
But alas... these seem to really only work properly without Griffs ship replacements...
Technically works with Griff ships (I use it also), for example the forward gun on the Granite Asp above awarded by this replacement set. The 'hard' textures are maded from the original ships so looks differently than Griff's set, but all ships get normal armours by default, and you can make hard armoured version of any ship if put the following line into the ship definition:

Code: Select all

script_info = { hardarmour = 10; };
So if you want your Cobra3 with Hard Armour in Griff suit then add this line into the "cobra3-player" section in AddOns/Griff_Shipset_Replace_v1.34.oxp/Config/shipdata.plist , and if you like drawbacks then halve the thrust value (from 36 to 18). ;)
Norby
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Norby »

Another (better) solution to put Griff suit to hard ships:
- install both addition and replacement shipsets from Griff,
- replace the 595.line in the "hardcobra3" section of HardShips_0.8.oxp/Config/shipdata.plist to this:

Code: Select all

like_ship = "griff_normalmapped_cobra_mkIII_player";
- go down 7 lines and delete the model = "hardcobra3.dat"; line (or comment out with // ).

In this way you will see griffied cobra in the new game menu when you choose Hard Cobra MkIII and all hard cobra3 trader will be replaced also. The name near the target box will show "Hard" in the case of the harder ones.

All other hard ship types can be replaced in this way to get the better outlook. Granite pirates looks enough good to me in addition to Griff's ships but if you want then you can do the same replaces in "...-pirate" ship sections also.
JazHaz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by JazHaz »

Norby wrote:
Another (better) solution to put Griff suit to hard ships:
- install both addition and replacement shipsets from Griff,
You don't need both. Only one or the other is required, plus Griff's Resources OXP.
Norby
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Norby »

JazHaz wrote:
You don't need both. Only one or the other is required, plus Griff's Resources OXP.
It is true usually, but in this case need both due to the replacement set use the "cobra3-player" datakey for the griffied cobra and like_ship will include the original cobra by this key and not the replaced one. To catch the griffied ship need the addition set where the datakey is unique and the replacement set is needed to change the original ships.

Edit: Ok, really not need the addition set if you leave the like_ship lines untouched and remove the model lines only (I tried it now).
Norby
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [RELEASE] HardShips OXP v0.81

Post by Norby »

Gouanaco wrote:
only work properly without Griffs ship replacements
HardShips v0.81 contain a shipdata.plistforcustomshipsets, simply rename it to shipdata.plist to ride hardened Griff ships. :)
Gouanaco
Competent
Competent

Re: [RELEASE] HardShips OXP v0.81

Post by Gouanaco »

Norby wrote:
Gouanaco wrote:
only work properly without Griffs ship replacements
HardShips v0.81 contain a shipdata.plistforcustomshipsets, simply rename it to shipdata.plist to ride hardened Griff ships. :)
Awesome :D
I shall defiantly try(download) this out today(i cant right now at school)... now if only someone could create some griff hard models? :)
Commander: Gouanaco
Ship: { Cobra Mark III }
Galaxy: [1]
Legal Status: Clean
Rating: Average (63)
Career: Trader/Bounty Hunter
Cash: 12 956.4@ (credits)
Norby
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [RELEASE] HardShips OXP v0.83

Post by Norby »

HardShips v0.83 updated to work with [wiki]Renegade_Pirates_OXP[/wiki] (datakey collisions solved) which contain strong NPCs with 3 forward lasers and added more equipment repairs to preserve the ability of retreat a bit longer.
Norby
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [RELEASE] HardShips OXP v0.84

Post by Norby »

Gouanaco wrote:
If someone could create HardShip versions of all of Griffs ships...
Done in v0.84. :) The "dirt" on ships is willfully due to the harsh usage.

Thanks for Griff and Z-GrOovY for the nice base textures of Griff's ships!
Norby
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [RELEASE] HardShips OXP v0.85

Post by Norby »

New HardShips Gallery with retextured Griff ships: you can see shots from 10 Hard and 10 Granite ships.

The v0.85 contain an "illicit unlock" shipdata file with playable Granite ships.
Norby
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [RELEASE] HardShips OXP v0.87

Post by Norby »

V12 wrote:
There is a bug in the Big Shield Capacitor 2 :
My shields are lully charged on 384 (basic shield + shield booster + military enhancement), capacitors are charged on it's maximum capacity - 512 (shield capacitor + big shield capacitor + big shield capacitor 2). After some hits shields drop to zero, but capacitors are not discharged to the shield. When I sell Big Shield Capacitor 2, maximum capacitor capacity is 256 and all works normal - after some hits shields drop below 128 (384 - 256) and capacitors are discharged to the shields.
Thank you for the report, fixed in HardShips v0.87 which is available in OXZ form within the game.
V12
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by V12 »

Great ! I will try updated OXP. Thank You.
V12
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by V12 »

All capacitors works without fault. Thx again.
SirArian
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by SirArian »

Is there any chance of getting the Hardships in the startup choices again? I loved flying the Hard Moray as a passenger carrier in 1.77.1, but it takes forever to earn the 50,000 Cr needed to trade in the Cobbie 3. (7tc is perfect for passengers... 5tc for the berth, plus 2 for scooping the assassin's pods. :D )

I saw a post by cim about doing choices, but I lost it... It might be faster to just look at Start Choices than to fing it though...
"May Duralium ever stand between you and the Vacuum."