[RELEASE] SellAll OXP v1.29

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Norby
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Budapest, Hungary (Mainly Agricultural Democracy, TL10)

[RELEASE] SellAll OXP v1.29

Post by Norby »

You can sell all of your cargo in SellAll Interface in F4 screen.

The market capacity is limited usually to maximum 127t for each cargo type, but sometimes you can found an Alternative Customer using Interfaces (F4) who can buy your unsellable cargo but pay very low prices only (below the half), less if you want to sell more and with some risk.

See in the wiki: [wiki]SellAll_OXP[/wiki].
Last edited by Norby on Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:25 am, edited 10 times in total.
JazHaz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [RELEASE] SellAll OXP v1.0

Post by JazHaz »

Norby wrote:
Will pay for all of your cargo regardless from the station reached the maximal 127t.
Are you saying this will get around the 127tc limit?
Norby
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Norby »

JazHaz wrote:
Norby wrote:
You can get the whole money, but the station can hold 127t only so you can not buy back any amount over it, as you sell to other docked commanders.
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

Norby wrote:
JazHaz wrote:
Norby wrote:
You can get the whole money, but the station can hold 127t only so you can not buy back any amount over it, as you sell to other docked commanders.
That seems very close to a cheat for me. The sell-limit is a gameplay-device, after all. Removing it isn't in the same category as the convenience of replacing two dozen keystrokes with one.

Arguably, this makes this OXP into a Mechanics OXP (not a merely Misc OXP), because the 127TC limit is part of the game mechanic. It's something the player has to consider for their tactical decisions. Now, no longer. Part of the game mechanic is removed by this OXP. This should be clear.
Yah-Ta-Hey
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Yah-Ta-Hey »

<nodding in agreement> changing game mechanics is radical and is a game changer in the 10th degree.
Norby
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Norby »

Commander McLane wrote:
the 127TC limit is part of the game mechanic.
It is true, thank you, now I changed the category in the wiki.

The new v1.1 contains a limiter variable to give the original feeling with less keypress.
But the default setting still false due to the name of the OXP.
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

Hello Norby. I understand that this is a very niche oxp, that is probably not used by masses, but here's a few notes anyway.

1. This oxp is not compatible with any(?) of the market oxps. Reason is that the game's own buying/selling mechanism is bypassed and any oxp that depends on playerBoughtCargo/playerSoldCargo events will break. From the top of my head, such oxps are marketObserver, Trading Assistant and Commodity Markets. My interest is the marketObserver of course and for compatibility you should activate the relevant function from it when you sell. Or just add note about the compatibility issues to the wiki and readme. This is to prevent unnecessary error reports.

2. To prevent accidental activations, I would use a "are you sure?" mission screen instead of multiple f8 presses, but that's just my opinion of course :).

3. As McLane noted selling over 127 limit is a radical game change and would need some consideration. You offer that the rest is sold to some other captain. That smells a bit like black market and that as an idea deserves some venturing. So how about capping selling at the market screen to the games own 127 limit and creating a black market interface where there sometimes is someone willing to buy and sometimes not. Also the price should definitely be much lower than in the normal market.
JazHaz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [RELEASE] SellAll OXP v1.1

Post by JazHaz »

I think some more work is required on this OXP to prevent the 127tc limit to be exceeded. Otherwise this OXP ought to be moved into some Cheaters category instead of the Mechanics category of the wiki, alongside the Cheaters.OXP and the KillIt missile OXP.
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

JazHaz wrote:
some Cheaters category instead of the Mechanics category of the wiki, alongside the Cheaters.OXP and the KillIt missile OXP.
Trust me, if it were my decision, I'd put a lot more OXPs in that category. :wink:
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Post by Cody »

Commander McLane wrote:
Trust me, if it were my decision, I'd put a lot more OXPs in that category.
<nods, grinning mischievously>
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

<Chuckles> A 'Cheaters OXPs' section would probably be the biggest section of all!
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
JazHaz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by JazHaz »

Smivs wrote:
<Chuckles> A 'Cheaters OXPs' section would probably be the biggest section of all!
[wiki] [/wiki]Category:Cheats :lol:
Cody

Post by Cody »

Wicked, JH... wicked! I think I'll add the Giant Space Pizza to that list - ain't no way that much pepperoni could exist in one place without going critical!
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

I think it's a bit harsh to put killit and sellall into same category, although I do get the joke :). Heresy or not, but I think that the idea of exceeding the limit set in the '80s might be worth pondering. How does the market actually work? Where are the commodities stored? Rather than a limit/commodity, should there be a limit/all commodities? If commodities market is some centralized warehouse, should there also be selling/buying straight from ships? Or is that strictly prohibited by GalCop?
laxori666
Competent
Competent

Post by laxori666 »

spara wrote:
I think it's a bit harsh to put killit and sellall into same category, although I do get the joke :). Heresy or not, but I think that the idea of exceeding the limit set in the '80s might be worth pondering. How does the market actually work? Where are the commodities stored? Rather than a limit/commodity, should there be a limit/all commodities? If commodities market is some centralized warehouse, should there also be selling/buying straight from ships? Or is that strictly prohibited by GalCop?
This actually got me to thinking of how to make the markets more realistic. In the real world, market prices change based on supply and demand. This would be a total game-changer, but what about making prices shift based on how much you buy and sell? So let's say computers are currently being bought for 100 creds/ton on the market. As you start unloading ton after ton of computers, the price would gradually decrease.

Basically it'd be a stack of supply and demand. This is basically how the stock market works. So you'd have people wanting to buy and sell computers at prices that are comfortable for them, e.g.:

Buying:
Price - amount of tons willing to be bought at that price
100 - 3
98 - 10
95 - 2
90 - 40
85 - 50
60 - 300

Selling:
Price - amount of tons willing to be sold at that price
102 - 3
106 - 10

So if you come along and sell 3 tons of computers, you've satisfied that buyer, and the price drops to 98. Unload 10 more tons, now someone's only willing to pay you 95. and you could sell basically as much as you want at the lower price because it's so cheap.

You could also buy the 3 tons someone is wiling to sell at 102 if you want.

This would be a lot of work to balance and such, not sure it would be worth it for the complexity it'd add, but just wanted to put the idea out there.