[Release] Stations for Extra Planets

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Dr.Tripsa
Dangerous
Dangerous

Re: [Release] Stations for Extra Planets oxp 1.3

Post by Dr.Tripsa »

About traders in deep space:

I've been puzzling over that as yes in fact space is (in the words of the HHG) Big... Really Really Big...
However you can visualize traffic , and the probability of another ship, as a field (inverse square or cube) from each station.
Add these field strengths up from your current location and roll the dice say once a minute to see if you have an encounter*.
Adding the fields strengths together like that gives a pseudo spacelane between each station.

*If your condition is green AND you are in a legitimate system
No, I'm not a Trumble... that's a speciest and offensive remark!
~munch~
What?.... I'm hungry.
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

Dr.Tripsa wrote:
There are illegitimate systems? :shock:
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Post by Cody »

Diziet Sma wrote:
Dr.Tripsa wrote:
There are illegitimate systems?
I didn't do it! Nobody saw me do it! You can't prove anything!
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
Dr.Tripsa
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Dr.Tripsa »

LOL, well it's possible to have green condition in a missed jump (which would not properly be a system)
No, I'm not a Trumble... that's a speciest and offensive remark!
~munch~
What?.... I'm hungry.
Keeper
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [Release] Stations for Extra Planets oxp 1.1

Post by Keeper »

Tichy wrote:
Btw... done anyone knows why the autopilot, sometimes, acts strangely? Like overly correcting the path od turning your ship while it's alredy in the dock port (damagaing it badly O_O).

I noticed that this doesn't happen while docking at the main station, but it happens frequently with other stations, like these. It happened also with the stations that were in some extra planets of the assassins guild oxp.
Yeah, some stations are buggy. A while back, I had incorporated some of the Z_GrOovy stations into the main game (e.g. Tetrahedron on systems with low tech level) but I ended up removing them after discovering how buggy they were. The autopilot refuses to dock with the Tetrahedron, probably because the docking port is too small (short height) to be safe. The Coriolis from that set, as I recall, doesn't trigger the docking sequence until you've passed through the back wall of the docking port, at which point you become blind to your surroundings and start bouncing off the walls you can't see.

I'll have to remove them from from my installation of this OXP too, which otherwise is pretty neat.

Unless, of course, someone can fix them... I do like the Tetrahedron design, apart from the low-height docking bay.
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [Release] Stations for Extra Planets oxp 1.4

Post by spara »

New version 1.4.

* BeaconCodes of beacons of extra stations are now named like this: "N - Solartec...". This means no change in standard Oolite when cycling through beacons as extra stations still get the beacon symbol N, but with MilHud 4000 and other possible oxps that rely on beaconCodes, the stations are now identified correctly.
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [Release] Stations for Extra Planets oxp 1.4.1

Post by spara »

Updated to 1.4.1.

* Fixed a typo/bug in script that occasionally causeda javascript exception.
Zireael
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [Release] Stations for Extra Planets oxp 1.4.1

Post by Zireael »

How could I have missed it? Grabbing a system *e*ux and this ASAP!
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [Release] Stations for Extra Planets oxp 1.5

Post by spara »

And here we go. Brand new version (1.5) with a bundled bonus 8) .

* Captain Beatnik's Sodalite station has been added to the mix. Corporate logos have been removed from the texture and I have added a normal map. Big thank you to Captain Beatnik for providing the Gimp files for me.
* Bonus: a mini game of "Collect 'em all." Inside the zip is another oxp called Station Spotter. Put it into your addons folder and start visiting those far away stations. Every time you visit a new type of station (from this oxp), the spotter makes a note of the station, date and system. When docked, you can review your spottings from the interfaces screen (f4).

Duggan
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Duggan »

Thank you spara, Loving the mini game and looking forward to the introduction of the habitat station in future editions :)
Flying Python Class Cruiser, Chapter & Verse IV
Duggan
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Duggan »

Hello Spara,

I am still enjoying this OXP as a part of my game, perhaps even more so with the Additional Planets OXP.

I am however wondering if Furball 1.8 can be made to work with Stations for Extra Planets as this would make some Anarchies even more anarchic:)
Flying Python Class Cruiser, Chapter & Verse IV
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

New version (1.6) is up.

* With Zieman's permission here, Zieman's Habitat station is now added to the mix. I find it quite nice as it is, so I have not touched anything, except I have removed the Stingers as defenders.

Happy hunting, it's quite a rare sight.
Duggan wrote:
I am however wondering if Furball 1.8 can be made to work with Stations for Extra Planets as this would make some Anarchies even more anarchic:)
Quick look at the Furball oxp suggests that it would require tweaking that oxp. Let's see if I get inspired at some point. Or someone else...
Cody

Post by Cody »

spara wrote:
Zieman's Habitat station is now added to the mix. I find it quite nice as it is, so I have not touched anything, except I have removed the Stingers as defenders.
I like Zieman Habitats, and have them installed as a standalone. LIke you, I removed the Stingers - and I added a slow rotation to the Habitats.
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [Release] Stations for Extra Planets oxp 1.6

Post by spara »

This oxp is now available from the expansion pack manager for Oolite 1.79. To make saving at the station work, I had to combine this oxp with Additional Planets oxp. Meaning that this oxp now only works with the Additional planets oxp. Station spotter addon is bundled into the package.

And again, I had to make some big changes, so please report any weirdness.
SirArian
Dangerous
Dangerous

Re: [Release] Stations for Extra Planets oxp 1.6

Post by SirArian »

spara wrote:
[...] please report any weirdness.
I have some weirdness to report.

In Trunk the stations have no market. You can add it by editing in...

Code: Select all

"market_definition" = ();
...but it is just a copy of the main station market. It works as expected in 1.80. I'm not sure what causes it. There are no error messages in the log that seem to be relevant. (There are a few of them about sub-entity definitions being deprecated, but I don't think that would cause problems.)
"May Duralium ever stand between you and the Vacuum."