NEW: DarkSoul_Nebulae.oxp for deep imersion gamers

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

DarkSoul
Average
Average

NEW: DarkSoul_Nebulae.oxp for deep imersion gamers

Post by DarkSoul »

Hello guys I am new here and want to contribute with an improvement that I made in my game: My new "DarkSoul_Nebulae.oxp".
Please enjoy and give yours opinions and feedback.
OK guys I am apologize for this mess, now the link is OK.
OK everyone this my file with my name in there.
Made some changes to the other file: resize some pics and change the name of the folder and INSTALL notes.
This nebulae works besides the "Submersible_Nebulae" so if you have it, delete it and put the folder "DarkSoul_Nebulae.oxp" on ADDONS folder.
Inside the "DarkSoul_Nebulae.oxp" there are a file: "nebulatextures.plist" this file makes Oolite work with 10 nebulaes instead 4 originals.
Put the file "nebulatextures.plist" on the Oolite config folder: So if Oolite is installed under C:\Oolite the Config folder is C:\Oolite\oolite.app\Resources\Config
I made this oxp from the Submersible_Nebulae.oxp and change the pics by pics I had download from the NASA site and so change the "nebulatextures.plist" to work with 10 nebulaes instead the 4.
This made my game AMAZING and WONDERFULL view.
Please test and feedback.

DOWNLOAD: https://www.box.com/s/u2m6j7di7zu4yzagngxw
Last edited by DarkSoul on Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:07 am, edited 3 times in total.
Disembodied
Jedi Spam Assassin
Jedi Spam Assassin

Re: NEW: Submersible_Nebulae.oxp

Post by Disembodied »

Hi DarkSoul, welcome to the forum! Sorry that it took so long to get your post approved, most of us here are on Euro-time ...

Very glad to see you coming in straight off with a new OXP, but you'll need to give people a link where they can download it from. Can you give a brief overview too of what the OXP does?
DarkSoul
Average
Average

Post by DarkSoul »

Thanks and here is the link to DOWNLOAD: https://www.box.com/s/u2m6j7di7zu4yzagngxw
Note some tips: if your pc doenst work with the PNG files in this pack, open the files in PAINT or other pic editor and resize to 256 pixels keep the aspect ratio
Last edited by DarkSoul on Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
DarkSoul
Average
Average

Post by DarkSoul »

Ok this OXP replaces the older Submersible Nebulae OXP with pics from NASA Space Administration USA and your game seems more like the universe by HUBBLE telescope
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

Just a thought, but does submersible know about this?
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
DarkSoul
Average
Average

Re: NEW: Submersible_Nebulae.oxp (now with Download link)

Post by DarkSoul »

Sorry to you and to him.
I did not think Submersible was a guy but I hope he understand my intension is only improve the game for all.
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Post by Cody »

DarkSoul wrote:
Sorry to you and to him.
I did not think Submersible was a guy but I hope he understand my intension is only improve the game for all.
I doubt the toaster will mind - but you should perhaps send him a personal message explaining.
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

DarkSoul wrote:
Sorry to you and to him.
No need to apologise, to me at least. This could cause confusion with two OXPs with the same name though, so one simple solution would be to re-name yours - as they are real nebulae perhaps call it Real Nebulae OXP. OK, it's not very original but it says what it does!
If you do rename, remember you can edit this thread's title by going to your first post and hit the 'Edit' button at the bottom right of the post. You can edit the title as well as the post itself.
Hope this helps :)
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
submersible
Commodore
Commodore

Post by submersible »

Since it looks like I uploaded that OXP without a license you could presume almost anything about it . If you're not actually using the textures as they existed - there is not much point naming it submersible_nebulae, perhaps Nebulae_WMTTN (with many thanks to NASA).

And the link in the OP is no good for me. Box says...
The item you are trying to access has either been deleted or is unavailable to you.
Norby
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Budapest, Hungary (Mainly Agricultural Democracy, TL10)

Post by Norby »

DarkSoul wrote:
Hello guys I am new here and want to contribute with an improvement that I made in my game: A new Submersible_Nebulae.
Please enjoy and give yours opinions and feedback.
Hi and welcome!

The link you provided is usable only by you after logged in to the box.com, so please do the following:
-click on the "share" at the right side of the line where you can see the file in you box.com (or choose more options then share then get link to file),
-edit your post in this forum and replace the link to the one which contains much fewer slashes, this will be usable by anyone.
DarkSoul
Average
Average

Post by DarkSoul »

Sorry for all the mess this my first time making/sending/publishing an OXP.
Now the link is correct.
Please test it and feedback here.

download: https://www.box.com/s/u2m6j7di7zu4yzagngxw
Last edited by DarkSoul on Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cody

Post by Cody »

That link works okay, but it might be better as a .zip instead of a .rar - some people can't extract a .rar without downloading extra software first.

Please do rename the OXP though.
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
ZygoUgo
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: NEW: DarkSoul_Nebulae.oxp for deep imersion gamers

Post by ZygoUgo »

Hi DarkSoul, these are looking great in game, my advise would be to halve the size of the images, the detail lost would never be represented in the game anyways, and add twice as many for variation.
Ive added a planetinfo.plist for you, you can use something like NotePad++ to mess with the values. I tried a few different numbers myself but short of making them slightly larger their repeating became too obvious and any larger in size was starting to choke in the places where they clustered. Shrinking the image size will help with that and make the OXP more compatible with lesser powered machines.
I have also packaged the OXP for you to make installation easy, it just gets dropped into the AddOns folder and will work as it is from there.
It's looking better than mine in the realism and beautiful stakes, mines intended to lean more towards the Flash Gordon/Barbarella style, guess I better work on it some more :D

I'll link the OXP package here for you when I can get my dratted file host to work..
Gave up and used a different one :)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/187 ... ea.oxp.zip
JazHaz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: NEW: DarkSoul_Nebulae.oxp for deep imersion gamers

Post by JazHaz »

Anyone got a screenshot?