RELEASE:Slasher_reduxV1.2

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

mandoman
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

RELEASE:Slasher_reduxV1.2

Post by mandoman »

The Slasher has been a high powered uber Police ship ever since it's first release. I have encountered it many times, patroling a System, showing up as a cloak equiped threat. Even before loading it with all the extras possible, the Slasher is a deadly apponent. However, after a while I began to notice error reports in Latest.log saying the Slasher was too big to be launched from a System Station, so using it was aborted. I checked this out by taking it out, and then trying to make use of docking computers. The System Stations refused to give docking instructions. This is an indicater that the ship is too large to auto dock, even if it falls within the specified maximum size. After watching this happen several times, I removed the MandoAttackShips pack from my AddOns folder, and have been working on a new, hopefully improved Slasher. I renamed it slightly as Slasher_redux, so I don't think it will cause a problem to have it in the game along with the original. The Slasher_redux has a much lower profile, so it satisfies the System Station auto-docking size specifications. In most ways, however, the ship is identidcal to the original. Same basice paint job, if slightly off in proportion per color dispursment. The specs listed below are the same as on the original Slasher. As I have changed some things on a couple of the other ships in the MandoAttackShip pack, I might just re-release an updated version of that as well.

https://www.box.com/s/8aq3hii6oaixbstuht1z

Specs.:

Max Speed = 550
Max Energy = 400
Energy Recharge Rate = 4.5
Thrust = 45
Max Cargo = 30 tons

Mandotech Industries Wiki Page.

http://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/User:Mandoman