[REALEASE]D.T.T Wraith

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Paradox
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

[REALEASE]D.T.T Wraith

Post by Paradox »

"The D.T.T (Death To Triangles) Design Firm, in partnership with Paradox Ship Builders Inc., is proud to present it's newest concept spacecraft: The D.T.T Wraith! This ship is the cutting edge in military/special forces technology, it will also be aimed at the law enforcement/bounty-hunter market..."

Though the hull is smaller than the Cobra 3, All engine/weapons have been externalized, allowing for comparable room inside, however, no room is left for a cargo upgrade, and no passenger berths can be added... This is a killing machine friends, not a space trawler. Here is a size comparison with a core cobra 3 model:"[/color]

In-game image...

Stats are as follows:

energy_recharge_rate = 4.5;
max_cargo = 20;
max_energy = 260;
max_flight_pitch = 1.5;
max_flight_roll = 2.0;
max_flight_speed = 380;
max_missiles = 6;
thrust = 40;

"Okay folks, this concludes our presenta... yes Smithers! What is it? WHAT DO YOU MEAN THE PLANS HAVE BEEN STOLEN?!?! Why... why... if those plans were to fall into the hands of pirates... oh dear... the shield... the weapons... oh dear me!

Get it HERE!

Released under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 license yada yada yada... Do whatever you want except profit from it, and give me credit for the original mesh/texture. Thanks and enjoy!
Last edited by Paradox on Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pagroove
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [REALEASE]D.T.T Wraith

Post by pagroove »

Also very nice. This ship -style reminds me of some ships in the Galaxy on Fire 2 universe. It reminds me a bit of this: http://galaxyonfire.wikia.com/wiki/Mantis.

I will download some of your ships soon. They seem fitting enough in my Ooniverse.
I have some from every ship designer that I like. From Mandoman for example I have the Comet flying around.

Anyway. Keep it up.
For P.A. Groove's music check
https://soundcloud.com/p-a-groove
Famous Planets v 2.7. (for Povray)
https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13709
Paradox
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Paradox »

pagroove wrote:
Also very nice. This ship -style reminds me of some ships in the Galaxy on Fire 2 universe. It reminds me a bit of this: http://galaxyonfire.wikia.com/wiki/Mantis.

I will download some of your ships soon. They seem fitting enough in my Ooniverse.
I have some from every ship designer that I like. From Mandoman for example I have the Comet flying around.

Anyway. Keep it up.
I thank you sir! And you are right, there is some similarity to the one from your link. With all the ships on the internet that I have looked at, and the hundred or so images I have downloaded to my "Reference Images" folder, I may very well have seen that one at one time. This one was also a big influence for the Wraith http://alpha1beta.files.wordpress.com/2 ... deluxe.jpg
metatheurgist
Competent
Competent

Post by metatheurgist »

Paradox wrote:
This one was also a big influence for the Wraith http://alpha1beta.files.wordpress.com/2 ... deluxe.jpg
That's a blast from the past. They were called Hammerheads IIRC.
Paradox
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Paradox »

metatheurgist wrote:
Paradox wrote:
This one was also a big influence for the Wraith http://alpha1beta.files.wordpress.com/2 ... deluxe.jpg
That's a blast from the past. They were called Hammerheads IIRC.
I had never heard of them before I saw that picture on the internet.. It is however a very cool and evil looking ship! };]
Rustem
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Rustem »

Thank you Paradox! It is the original model of the ship. Simple and effective.

It can be added to the role of the assassin based on the technical specification of the ship.
Tweaking shipdata:

Code: Select all

"dttwraith" =
roles = "pirate hunter wraith assassin-medium(0.5)"; // or assassin-heavy
To add more variances in the standard set of assassins: FerdeLance, Krait, Moray.
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Post by Cody »

Rustem wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:50 pm
To add more variances in the standard set of assassins: FerdeLance, Krait, Moray.
Plus the Asp, the Cobra MkI, and I think one variant of the Cobra MkIII (although I've yet to encounter one).
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
Rustem
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Rustem »

Cody wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:01 pm
Plus the Asp, the Cobra MkI, and I think one variant of the Cobra MkIII (although I've yet to encounter one).
Agree. They(FerdeLance, Krait, Moray) are spawned often. The Asp is assassins-heavy.
This is a killing machine friends, not a space trawler.
D.T.T Wraith has other behavior and suited for a role of the assassin.
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

Thank you Paradox! It is the original model of the ship. Simple and effective.
Paradox hasn't been around for a year or so now.. but before he went, he appointed me as janitor and acting CEO of D.T.T. Shipbuilders Inc.

It can be added to the role of the assassin based on the technical specification of the ship.
Tweaking shipdata:

Code: Select all

"dttwraith" =
roles = "pirate hunter wraith assassin-medium(0.5)"; // or assassin-heavy
D.T.T Wraith has other behavior and suited for a role of the assassin.
Your suggestion seems like a good one.. I'll update the OXZ accordingly, and give the roles of the other ships a once-over while I'm at it.
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
UK_Eliter
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Essex (mainly industrial and occasionally anarchic)

Post by UK_Eliter »

Diziet Sma wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:43 pm
Your suggestion seems like a good one.. I'll update the OXZ accordingly, and give the roles of the other ships a once-over while I'm at it.
That's good - we need more ships populating the new roles in Oolite 1.8. Until that happens, some ships show up too often in some of the roles.