Koneko Industries' Retroencabulator OXP

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

RyanHoots
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Koneko Industries' Retroencabulator OXP

Post by RyanHoots »

The Koneko Industries Retroencabular OXP has been my primary project for quite a while now. Screenshots don't really do it justice, so here's a video on it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2i_rMZ9yVng

Features of the OXP:

- Six hydrocoptic marzul vanes so fitted to the ambaphascient lunar wain shaft that side fumbling was effectively prevented. The main winding was of the normal lotus-odeltoid type placed in panendurmic semi-bulloid slots of the stator, every seventh conductor being connected by a non-reversible tremmy pipe to the differential girdle spring on the up-end of the grammeters.

- Inverse reactive current for use in Thargoid detractors, as well as automatically synchronizing cardinal grammeters.

- Support for the Cobra Mk3, with additional support coming as soon as I can code it in.

- In case of Square Motion, the Retroencabulator OXP can be employed in conjunction with the drawn reciprocation dingle arm, standard on all Oolite ships, to reduce sinusoidal depleneration to acceptable levels.

- Have a happy April Fool's day.

You can download this OXP from my website at your leisure. The OXP doesn't support versions of Oolite earlier than 1.6.
DaddyHoggy
Intergalactic Spam Assassin
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Re: Koneko Industries' Retroencabulator OXP

Post by DaddyHoggy »

Very good - For a while I thought perhaps your account had been hacked and was sprouting gibberish nonsense!
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
RyanHoots
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by RyanHoots »

DaddyHoggy wrote:
Very good - For a while I thought perhaps your account had been hacked and was sprouting gibberish nonsense!
Well, I guess I'll prove my ident by saying that it's totally possible someone may have my password (even though I haven't noticed anything going wrong), because the password system really majorly stinks. We should really be using RSA keys to log into web sites already... :)

(ooh... Koneko Industries should do an OXP that lets you RSA-encrypt your Oolite savefiles, decrypting them with a passphrase on the "Load Commander" screen. I'm sure I can work that into the Retro Encabulator OXP somehow ;) )
BuggyBY
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by BuggyBY »

Judging from the video the Retroencabulator seemed to make the scanner background change colour and disappear ... or was that a different OXP's doing?

I look forward to finally using my Python Clipper's full Square Motion potential in upcoming versions. I would never have thought that the drawn reciprocation dingle arm could ever be useful for any OXP equipment beside the beer cooler.
JazHaz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by JazHaz »

BuggyBY wrote:
Judging from the video the Retroencabulator seemed to make the scanner background change colour and disappear ... or was that a different OXP's doing?

I look forward to finally using my Python Clipper's full Square Motion potential in upcoming versions. I would never have thought that the drawn reciprocation dingle arm could ever be useful for any OXP equipment beside the beer cooler.
Errrr it was an April Fool?!
Duggan
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Duggan »

Errrr it was an April Fool?!

I beg to differ.

Six hydrocoptic marzul vanes so fitted to the ambaphascient lunar wain shaft that side fumbling was effectively prevented. The main winding was of the normal lotus-odeltoid type placed in panendurmic semi-bulloid slots of the stator, every seventh conductor being connected by a non-reversible tremmy pipe to the differential girdle spring on the up-end of the grammeters.

- Inverse reactive current for use in Thargoid detractors, as well as automatically synchronizing cardinal grammeters.
I think this is quiet do able, though Six hydrocoptic marzul vanes does seem a little ambitious, I think Four is much more realistic goal and hence will not unbalance the game too much. I maintain however that Thargoid detractors should be made weaker so as not to give a total disadvantage to the traditionallly main antagonists of the game.

Thargoids are Bad, they have always been bad and if anything should get worserer or more badderer.... As ever just my opinionion. :)
Flying Python Class Cruiser, Chapter & Verse IV
RyanHoots
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by RyanHoots »

BuggyBY wrote:
That's a graphics glitch, unfortunately. :(