Lazarus OXP

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Lazarus OXP

Post by Thargoid »

Something has changed - the bugs have up'd their game. Numerous reports from both civilian and miltary Commanders have told of encounters with Thargoids where, after the battle they were cleaning up the debris and dormant Thargon fighters, a further warship appeared and suddenly all those drones were no longer dormant but flying and blasting. Some unfortunates have even reported this happening with drones that they have already scooped, with more than one ship being destroyed as the drones bust out and start attacking.

So keep your wits about you all, especially Commanders who are unfortunate (or foolish) enough to end up facing off against the bugs in interstellar space!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This OXP is a substitute/replacement oolite-thargoid-warship.js ship script file. It will supercede the existing trunk one, and provide all Thargoid vessels which use the script with the capability to scan for (once every 30-90s) and have a chance (50%) to resurrect previously uncontrolled Thargon fighters and take control of them.

In the case of Thargons which have already been scooped, there is a 1% chance per ton in the hold that one or more will also be reactivated, causing them to blast their way out of the hold and rejoin the fight and doing nasty damage to the ship in the process.

Additionally if the fight lasts for a longer time, there is a chance that it will attract further warship reinforcements, who may also have the same resurrection capability.

The OXP is designed for seasoned players (they taste better :) ) who are looking for a little more challenge. It shifts the balance back somewhat towards the aliens and makes interstellar space somewhere you really don't wanna be for long.

It requires Oolite version 1.76 or above to work.

With thanks to Cody and Gizmo for their dedicated beta testing over the past few days.

Download via my Wiki or Box pages, using the links below.
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Re: Lazarus OXP

Post by Cody »

Thargoid wrote:
The OXP is designed for seasoned players (they taste better)...
<sniggers>
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
UK_Eliter
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Essex (mainly industrial and occasionally anarchic)

Post by UK_Eliter »

Thargoid wrote:
The OXP is designed for seasoned players (they taste better :) ) who are looking for a little more challenge. It shifts the balance back somewhat towards the aliens and makes interstellar space somewhere you really don't wanna be for long..
In the interest of balance - or a slight tilt in the player's favour - I might make my Military Interstellar Fer-de-Lance's a little more likely to appear if one has this OXP installed . .

PS: Nice title, Thargoid!

EDIT: Actually Thargoid, and if you don't mind helping me to contribute to undermining (slightly) your Evil Green Plans, can you think of a way an OXP can detect yours? Having glanced at your OXP, I can't think how to do it (though I'm not very experienced with such stuff). You've no world script, no new roles, and no new equipment . . Hmm. Perhaps I could read and react to the Oolite log somehow?

PS to edit: my Interstellar Tweaks OXP already makes some military ships destroy deactivated Thargons.
DaddyHoggy
Intergalactic Spam Assassin
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by DaddyHoggy »

Ha, for a few brief seconds my ego pondered that somebody had turned my short story into an OXP! :roll: :oops: :lol:
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

@DH - I only remembered your story after I'd named the OXP. I was struggling a bit as to what to call it, and that name seemed to fit OK.

@UK_Eliter - there is a worldscript in the OXP that you can pick up on. Look at script.js in the config folder.
UK_Eliter
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Essex (mainly industrial and occasionally anarchic)

Post by UK_Eliter »

Thargoid wrote:

@UK_Eliter - there is a worldscript in the OXP that you can pick up on. Look at script.js in the config folder.
Ah yes. Cheers.