[RELEASE] Fireball V1.01

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Shipbuilder
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

[RELEASE] Fireball V1.01

Post by Shipbuilder »

Due to popular demand The GalTech Industries Corporation proudly announces the release of the Fireball (Available as both a player and NPC ship). This ship is the fourth in a series of ships from classic Sci-Fi TV programmes.

The ship pictured below is the standard player model however the OXP incorporates some additional ship textures. Further information is available in the ship’s Wiki page (Just follow the link to my OXPs in my signature strip below).

EDIT - Updated version V1.01 uploaded which corrects the ship price and adds fuel scoops to the standard equipment for the player version.

Download it here or via my Wiki page https://www.box.com/s/fzh530my34htijhqxk9f

The Fireball has been developed with versatility in mind. This multi-functional vessel is able to offer a combination of cargo carrying capacity and passenger transport capabilities whilst retaining above average combat characteristics.

Produced at the shipyards of the GalTech Industries Corporation in the Ceesxe, Gerete and Edle systems the ship has quickly established itself as a commercial success.

Though the standard model is offered with a basic level of equipment the ‘future-proof’ design approach caters for a full range of additional upgrades.

It is however the hi-tech escape module, (see the ship's Wiki page), which differentiates this ship from many others. Rather than providing the option to fit the ship with an escape pod and hope for a safe return to the nearest station the front section of the main ship, nicknamed the Junior, is automatically jettisoned just before the point of destruction.

The Junior, rather than being a slow unarmed pod, features front and rear lasers along with a respectable turn of speed and maneuverability. This may not be sufficient to outgun most attacking pirates but is intended to provide the ship’s crew with a much increased chance of survival.

For full details of this ship and a picture of the Junior see my Wiki page (Click on the link in my signature strip).

The ship specification is as follows: -

Size (metres WxHxL) 47m x 23m x 120m
Standard cargo capacity 20T
Cargo Bay Extension 5T
Maximum speed 0.315 LM (0.330LM Police)
Thrust 30
Manoeuvrability Roll 1.4 and Pitch 1.5
Hyperspace capable Yes
Energy 380 (400 Police)
Energy recharge rate 3.2 (3.4 Police).
Gun mounts 4No (Fore, Aft, Port and Starboard)
Missile slots 4
Shield boosters available Yes
Military shields available Yes
Fuel scoops available Yes
Tech level 8
OXP or standard OXP
Available to player Yes
Base price 135,000 Cr
Last edited by Shipbuilder on Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:11 am, edited 4 times in total.
The GalTech Industries Corporation - Building ships to populate the galaxies.

Increase the variety of ships within your Ooniverse by downloading my OXPs

Flying the [wiki]Serpent_Class_Cruiser[/wiki] "Thargoid's Bane"
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Re: [RELEASE] Fireball V1.00

Post by Smivs »

This has always been one of my favourite ships, and you've done a brilliant job of it. Very nice indeed. :)
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
Shipbuilder
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [RELEASE] Fireball V1.01

Post by Shipbuilder »

This OXP has been updated to version V1.01 (Price corrected and fuel scoops added to the standard equipment for player ships). :oops:

Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

WOOHOO! 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Looks gorgeous!

(wonders if, on the odd chance that the main fuselage is somehow not destroyed after Junior is jettisoned, if it would be possible to re-connect later.. Smivs might be the man gourd to take this up with)
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
Rorschachhamster
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Rorschachhamster »

Diziet Sma wrote:
WOOHOO! 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Looks gorgeous!

(wonders if, on the odd chance that the main fuselage is somehow not destroyed after Junior is jettisoned, if it would be possible to re-connect later.. Smivs might be the man gourd to take this up with)
:shock:
Yes! :mrgreen:
Nice solution to the escape pod problem. :D

(wonders if there maybe a problem with NPCs jettisoning the escape pod before the ship is destroyed... :?: )
Shipbuilder
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Shipbuilder »

Thanks guys glad you like it.

Nite Owl
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Nite Owl »

Fireball XL-5 - Age is a state of mind.

Not in my Ooniverse as it is outside the realm of my chosen canon but the memories that came flooding back when that ship was beheld by my ancient eyes makes it worth commenting on. Can it be that those Gerry and Sylvia Anderson marionette shows from way back when actually bring a memorial tear to mine eyes? Yes it can be so. It is a good thing to have good memories of the past. Especially when the Spectrum is Green.

Thread Necromancy is not a habit for me but after following a series of links to this thread resistance became futile.
Humor is the second most subjective thing on the planet

Brevity is the soul of wit and vulgarity is wit's downfall

Good Night and Good Luck - Read You Soon
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Post by Cody »

I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!