Tea and Coffee Machine

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Wildeblood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Tea and Coffee Machine

Post by Wildeblood »

Autotrade ATS OXP
Author: Wildeblood

Installation and use:

Autotrade is the original and genuine Automatic Trading System. Autotrade is a plug-in for the AI Trading Assistant OXP, which enhances its usefulness by providing fully automatic trading. Only for Oolite 1.77 or later - Autotrade will not work in Oolite 1.76.1. Only for AI Trading Assistant OXP version 2.0 or later - Autotrade will not work with Trading Assistant 1.9.

Place both the AI Trading Assistant OXP and the Autotrade ATS OXP into your "AddOns" folder. Head to a planet of technical level 9, or above, where you can purchase the Trading Assistant from the ship outfitters for 2012 credits. Trading Assistant will not be offered in the ship outfitters in communist systems.

Once the Trading Assistant is purchased it will monitor your cargo trades in real time, and give an immediate warning if you are paying unusually high prices, or selling for low prices that are likely to result in unprofitable trading. If the Autotrade plug-in is present, fully automatic trading will commence 22 seconds after you view the Commodity Market screen. Make a nice cup of tea, sit back and watch as Autotrade takes the effort out of trading. Why press buttons yourself when Autotrade can do it for you? (You can, of course, continue to trade normally yourself while Autotrade is trading.)
Download link removed. Autotrade ATS OXP has been merged with AI Trading Assistant OXP.
Last edited by Wildeblood on Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
"So anti-globalist, he's practically a flat-earther."
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [NEW] Fully Automatic Trading System

Post by Diziet Sma »

Now all we need is for it to automatically put the kettle on when you arrive in-system, so the tea will be ready by the time you dock. :lol:

In all seriousness, though.. interesting idea. I'll have to give it a shot sometime.
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
Wildeblood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Wildeblood »

1. It doesn't discriminate the illegal goods; it will buy them if the price is low enough.

2. It will sell the precious metals when the price is above average, but it almost never buys them. There's still something for the commander to do himself.
Last edited by Wildeblood on Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

Wildeblood wrote:
1. It doesn't discriminate the illegal goods; it will buy them if the price is low enough.
That is something it may pay to make a toggle-able option.. :twisted:

Or better yet, independently settable for each type of illegal goods. I don't mind weapons or narcotics, but I don't do slaves.
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
ozhank
Competent
Competent

Post by ozhank »

I've tried adding a coffee and tea maker to the galley in my Falcon, but not yet succeeded. I understand you premise for this oxp but I rather enjoy the trading and watching my balance of credits slowly increase.
"Blessed are the cracked, for they let the light shine in". Spike Milligan

Debian 9.* XFCE4 on Toshiba Laptop
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

ozhank wrote:
I've tried adding a coffee and tea maker to the galley in my Falcon, but not yet succeeded.
That's easily fixed! Here you go.. :lol:
https://www.box.com/s/q1rmpcrk5spqbzqawohl
Wildeblood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Wildeblood »

Diziet Sma wrote:
ozhank wrote:
I've tried adding a coffee and tea maker to the galley in my Falcon, but not yet succeeded.
Based on stolen beer cooler technology, no doubt. I once sent Maik a PM with my suggestion for Beer Cooler 2.0, but he was like, "Meh, stop bothering me." :D
Diziet Sma wrote:
Wildeblood wrote:
That is something it may pay to make a toggle-able option.. :twisted:

Or better yet, independently settable for each type of illegal goods. I don't mind weapons or narcotics, but I don't do slaves.
At the top of the script you'd find this array:-

Code: Select all

this.$expectedPrices = [50,72,232,152,292,902,510,818,566,388,692,705,120,388,718,196,436]; // deci-credits
Counting along to the fourth element, which we know to be slaves, and changing the 152 to 0 will do the trick.
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

Cool..

As to your first point, it's good to see there's nowt wrong with your psychic abilities! :lol:
Wildeblood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Wildeblood »

Well, I haven't seen it make any mistakes yet. I'm just raking in the profits, so... Beta 2, fast mode enabled. :mrgreen:
Wildeblood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Wildeblood »

I've just uploaded Trading Assistant 2.2 which has Autotrade ATS fully integrated. These beta versions of Autotrade are not compatible with version 2.2. Download and use this Autotrade version only if you're using Trading Assistant 2.0.2 or 2.1 and not interested in updating to version 2.2.
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

Wildeblood wrote:
Diziet Sma wrote:
ozhank wrote:
Based on stolen beer cooler technology, no doubt. I once sent Maik a PM with my suggestion for Beer Cooler 2.0, but he was like, "Meh, stop bothering me." :D
To the six people who actually downloaded this joke, only to find it didn't work, it's now been fixed and re-uploaded.. sorry. :oops: