Bullet Drive OXP

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Wildeblood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Bullet Drive OXP

Post by Wildeblood »

Bullet Drive OXP ver. 1.0.3

Bullet Drive is one of the small number of OXPs that make Oolite game-play harder, not easier. But only very, very slightly. The difference it introduces is that when at "torus drive" speeds manoeuvring is disabled and you travel in a straight line - like a bullet. Manoeuvring is not affected at "fuel injection" speed. Simply place the Bullet Drive OXP into your "AddOns" folder. No configuration or messing about required.
Download Bullet Drive OXP.
Last edited by Wildeblood on Fri May 17, 2013 2:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
"So anti-globalist, he's practically a flat-earther."
Pleb
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Anti-cheatonic Bullet Drive OXP

Post by Pleb »

Lol this sounds like fun, I will try this out when I get home! :mrgreen: It would make sense not to be able to navigate at those speeds, as the ship is being propelled mighty fast than compared to normal speeds, good job.

BTW Wildeblood, if you want to make things even harder for a laugh, there's a line in the code (source not script) that affects the speed at which you travel at in Torus-Drive mode. Set that number really high and watch as you get catapaulted across space quicker than you can say "Warp Factor 9"! :lol:
Desktop PC: CPU: Intel i7-4790K Quad Core 4.4GHz (Turbo-Charged) GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080Ti RAM: 32GB DDR3

Laptop PC: CPU: Intel i5-10300H Quad Core 4.5GHz (Turbo-Charged) GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 RAM: 32GB DDR4
maaarcooose
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by maaarcooose »

This actually makes it like the original Elite a little more where the Torus drive was referred to as 'space skip'.
Each press of the jump, skipped you ahead in space a certain amount and you had no chance to steer.

Hmmm, I feel an OXP coming on.

!m!
Trading computers and writing stuff....
OOliteInfo: http://www.theramist.co.uk/ooliteinfo/oo.php
Wildeblood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Wildeblood »

Pleb wrote:
It would make sense not to be able to navigate at those speeds, as the ship is being propelled mighty fast than compared to normal speeds, good job.
maaarcooose wrote:
This actually makes it like the original Elite a little more where the Torus drive was referred to as 'space skip'.
Each press of the jump, skipped you ahead in space a certain amount and you had no chance to steer.
Those are exactly the responses I was hoping for. Thank you, guys.
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

This is nice. When it's about making game harder/fairer, I'm all for it. 8)

How about seeing the torus drive as an overcharge of the regular drive. To overcharge, you need to charge it first. You could activate the torus drive only if it has been charged. Charging would require something like 30 seconds or 1 minute or something since used last time. That would give a fleeing enemy a chance of escape. You could not just "torus drive" it, when it flees.
UK_Eliter
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Essex (mainly industrial and occasionally anarchic)

Post by UK_Eliter »

I wanted to try this out, but the download link throws an error . . :(
Wildeblood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Wildeblood »

UK_Eliter wrote:
I wanted to try this out, but the download link throws an error . . :(
A belated apology to UK_Eliter: I'm sorry that this file was missing during the first week of January. I did replace it with version 1.0.2 on January 7th, when Oolite 1.77 came out.

Last night I replaced it again with version 1.0.3, which fixes a bug wherein it didn't always work reliably when you first arrived in a new system. It's now working as I intended.
UK_Eliter
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Essex (mainly industrial and occasionally anarchic)

Re: Bullet Drive OXP

Post by UK_Eliter »

@Wildeblood

Thanks!
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Re: Bullet Drive OXP

Post by Cholmondely »

Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?